• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Newfound Academy (Third time is a charm?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the other two students' answers, Thomas raised his hand for a moment before he hesitantly asked "Wouldn't the most important thing of Pokemon breeding be what Pokemon you are trying to breed? I mean, not to say that other factors aren't important, but it's not going to do much for you unless the two Pokemon in question can even produce new offspring to begin with."

Thomas nodded quickly, though he was somewhat at a loss for words because he'd already said the majority of this thinking on his answer. As he scratched the back of his head nervously, he tried to wing it with another explanation.

"I mean it's simple isn't it. Not every Pokemon can successfully be bred with every other Pokemon and produce offspring as a result. There are limits on what can reproduce with each other. I guess an easy example would be if you were to try to pair a Magnemite with a Roselia. Firstly, Magnemite are typically observed to be genderless Pokemon, which would inhibit it's ability to reproduce with another gender-possessing Pokemon. On top of that, the two Pokemon are unlikely to be compatible in terms of species, which can be defined as any group of organisms that can successfully reproduce with each other. "

"They both can, but because they're in the same egg group," Abby explained, "Persian's only egg group is field yet Swoobat is in Field and the flying egg groups. As long as both Pokemon share the same egg group, it is possible for them to breed."

Thomas sighed, having hoped that Abigail's interjection would have been enough to save him from looking like an idiot in his first class. After a moment of thought, he nervously answered, his lack of expertise becoming more and more apparent by the moment.

" No? I'd think not given the anatomy of the two Pokemon, but I'm afraid I don't really know the answer to that question. Sorry."

"So does know one know the most important aspect of breeding?" he asked the class.

Zephyr and Blazil both thought about it. There had to be a reason as to why Phoenix was pestering Thomas.

"Egg groups?" the two shy students asked at the same time.

"Any other guesses?" he asked.

Diamuid was still wiping his face in the class as he struggled to pay attention, frustrated over Shisen and his first display of psychic power. He tried listening to the class, barely hearing words such as "egg groups" and "compatibility". "Yeah I know whoever made Shisen must've been two troublemakers of parents...." he thought to himself as he finally finished cleaning his face. He looked over to Lulu and remembered what she said. "If Shisen isn't smart yet then how do I get him to learn...I can't understand him and I doubt he understands me unless I keep devising plans like the ball of yarn." he kept thinking distracted. Dia's head was clearly in the clouds by now, as he completely forgot about the class unintentionally.

"Because if I just told you then I would have no knowledge of your knowledge, though I'm seeing a lack of it in all of you currently. If I asked any of you what the most important thing in anything is, you would always give the wrong answer, that is because there is no right answer. Whether it is breeding, coordinating, battling, or psychology, there are many important parts and it is those things together that create it. Nothing is more important than another.

Abigail brought up egg groups. Pokemon from different egg groups cannot breed with one another. There are sixteen egg groups. Who can name them? Maybe you?" he looked at Zephyr.

Zephyr swallowed before speaking in a low voice. "Um Fairy, Water 1, Water 2, Water 3, Field, Monster, Bug, Amorphous, Flying, Grass, Ditto, Dragon, Mineral, Undiscovered, Human-Like, and Gender Unknown...though isn't Gender Unknown a sub group?" he asked at the end.

"Yes it is considered a sub group and thus there are only fifteen main groups according to scientists. Do you know why Miss Aria?" Phoenix looked at her.

Sitting in the back, Ricky's mind was wandering. The teacher seemed to be trying to prove his intellect, which in Ricky's mind wasn't really needed. He instead was mulling over how to deal with Taco. The fact that he liked the water was a positive, Taco could swim along when Ricky surfed... but training a Magikarp wasn't exactly going to prove an easy endeavor. A shame really, a nice easy first Pokemon like a Charmander or a Squirtle would have been nice, but those were the breaks.

Daphne was paying full attention, jotting down notes from her seat closer to the front.

Ricky heard his name and came back to the present. He had heard something about sub groups and main groups but he had no idea what the question was. "Gotta be honest with ya teach, I have no idea what the answer is. If I had to venture a guess, it would be because they're not important enough for their own group." He answered without a care in the world, going back to sipping his coffee after giving his guess.

"Oh arceus me donne la volonté de ne pas tuer ces enfants insolents putain," Phoenix muttered under his breath, so low that only those in the first row would be able to hear him. Though those that did not know French would not understand him. Unfortunately for the male, Blazil was right there and her jaw dropped when she heard her uncle. "Your homework tonight is to study up on your first pokemon. I want you to read up on it's diet, egg group, behavior patterns. Dismissed!" he ordered them, their next class being battling tactics with James Dalton.

Like Blazil, Daphne spoke French and was sitting in the front row. She gasped audibly at Phoenix's cursing and was thankful for the end of class.

Ricky was surprised at the abrupt ending of their first class, but he wasn't exactly upset.

James was preparing for his first lesson as a teacher with a smile on his face, whistling as he went through his notes one more time. His lecture hall was spotless with the exception of the mug of coffee on his desk and he was wearing a tailored three-piece charcoal suit with a crimson and gold striped tie, his old school colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom