• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Newfound Academy (Third time is a charm?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dia raised an eyebrow as he entered the Fire House head's classroom. He was quite impressed with his attire, nodding to himself as he sat down in the second row behind the initial students. His thoughts of how this class would go soon left his mind, as he worried about how he completely spaced out in the last class. He leaned forward, slightly rubbing his face. "Man...I didnt get to hear a thing in breeding. I've got to pay attention this time." he thought to himself looking up at James. Not to mention, James was the man he would see more then any other teacher as he was in charge of the Fire House.

Thomas was somewhat relieved to head to his next class. While breeding wasn't a particular interest of his, the teacher's aggressive teaching style was what threw him off more than anything else. As such, he was pretty eager to get out of the classroom. Upon reaching the next class, he smiled softly at the sight of James, decideding to sit towards the front. After all, he'd been looking forward to seeing how well Impasse could fare, though it was admitably unlikely they would be battling in the first class' meeting.

The Celestecuerpo twins walked in, relieved to get out of there. Phoenix sounded a little too intense with his subject, which only made them be further turned off about breeding.

Battling seemed to be more up Animus' alley, and took the last front row seat, with Alma taking one of the mid-row seats.

The tattooed Celestecuerpo looked at the high-classed state of dress James was in. "Nice color coding, James." Animus said.

When class was over, Abby was rather relieved. She did love her Uncle Phoenix, but she didn't realize he'd be that stern about his lessons. She knew he was stern but not to this extent. Much to her dismay, she was glad class was over. Quickly, she made her way into James' classroom, taking a seat behind Blazil.

Not long after Abigail was in the classroom, Luna entered the room, quietly sitting next to Zephyr.

"Do you think this teacher will be less strict than Phoenix?" she whispered to the boy.

Zephyr stiffened in his seat as Luna spoke to him. He shrugged before finding the courage to speak. "Well some of the others did mouth off," he pointed out, thinking of his own sister.

"Well breeding just became everyone's least favorite class," Blazil turned around to Abby.

James smiled at Animus' comment about his attire. "Thank you." He replied graciously. "I do have a soft spot for my alma mater after all..." He trailed off, thinking about his tie for just a moment. "It seems like most of you are already settled in so I'll get started." He announced to the students. "For those of you who aren't in Fire House, I'm James Dalton, but you can just call me James... hearing Mr. Dalton makes me feel old and out of touch." James remarked, stepping out from behind his desk. For those who had sharp eyes, they would notice that the only blemish to his appearance was the knee brace on his left knee. "I like to keep things simple so why don't we start with each of you introducing yourselves and telling me who your starter is. Actually, why don't you all get them out of their balls." He suggested.

Daphne went first. "I'm Daphne Dessain and my starter is Skitty." She said quietly. James recognized her accent immediately, having spent a semester studying in Lumiose in college.

"Enchantée Daphne." James replied with a grin. What he didn't notice was that this caused Daphne to blush visibly as she called her Skitty out.

Ricky rolled his eyes at his teacher's antics. He certainly liked him better than the previous teacher so far however. "Ricky Fowler, Magikarp."

This caused James to raise an eyebrow. "Well it's a pleasure Ricky and we'll work on getting that Magikarp trained up for you." He promised, looking for the rest of his class to introduce themselves as well.

"Yeah..." Abby trailed off as she looked at Blazil, "I expected Uncle Phoenix to be strict, but not like that."

Luna turned to Zephyr and nodded.

"Yeah...I just hope this teacher isn't as tough to deal with." she commented. That was when the class started, it was suggested that everyone bring out their Pokemon. "My name is Luna, and this is Buneary... I don't have a nickname for her just yet." she then released the chocolate bunny.

Abby, meanwhile, simply took out her Pokeball and released Philomena. Philomena sat on her trainer's lap before looking up at her.

"Abigail, and baby Kangaskhan."

Thomas hesitated for a moment before he stood up, taking care to make sure that he let his Pokemon out a fair distance away from the others, lest Grimer cause another event like he had that morning. As the sludge pokemon appeared, Thomas visibly cringed a bit before saying "I'm Thomas Floresca, and this is Impasse."

"..Jazi Navish," Jazi introduced herself, deciding to use her nickname, "Vullaby." With that, she reluctantly sent out the smug bird.

"Animus..." "... And Alma..." "Celestecuerpo." The twins spoke in perfect rhythm then in synch to announce their family name.

"My starter is Electron the Minun..." "And mine is Proton the Plusle." "We think this arrangement is a sick joke, but are not going complain about the species." They continued, sporting identical sour looks.

The Cheering Pokémon were still on their shoulders and waved to each other.

The selection of starters was starting to make James think his bosses were insane. A baby Kangaskhan... A Magikarp... A Grimer... these weren't things that James would have picked. Buneary and Skitty on the other hand... those were easy enough. Plusle and Minun too, ignoring the commentary from the twins for now. He had some work ahead of him. "Luna, Abigail, Thomas, Animus, Alma... it is very nice to meet you all, along with your partners."

Dia couldn't help but shake his head as the smell from Impasse had lingered about. He wasn't too close, but the stench was hard to avoid in a room with no outdoor fresh air to help spread it out. "I'm....whew. Diamuid Moraltach." he said breathing as normally as he could. He revealed his Pokeball, staring at it carefully. "If Shisen doesn't like this smell, I don't want him catching an attack....I hope it's okay." he thought to himself before releasing his starter. The small cat popped out, his eyes locking onto James Dalton instantly with his death stare. Dia looked down at the Pokemon, hoping it'd be okay. "This is Shisen....the Espurr." he said slowly, a bit nervously. The cat then turned to look at the Grimer, his eyes locking onto him but no other motion coming forth. "He's.....unaffected?" Dia thought.

"Il est agréable de vous rencontrer aussi, James." The twins said in synch, with Alma doing a tiny curtsy and Animus nodding his head towards James in a respectable manner.

Thomas nodded, saying "Likewise James" before he noticed the girl from before, the sight of her Vullaby causing the teenager to glance at his finger, a mark still faintly visible from where it had been bitten earlier. Impasse, as usual, didn't do much, lazily looking around the room, apparently oblivious to the fact that it's presence and subsequent odor were affecting everyone else.

After hearing Dia's remark, Thomas looked over at the Psychic Pokemon before laughing and saying "Apparently so. I think it's safe to say a few of us here wish we could say the same." As he spoke, Impasse noticed the Espurr's stare and looked back almost just as blankly as the tiny catlike Pokemon.

Jazi stood still, frozen in silence. Did the teacher skip her on purpose? Looking down, she stared at the ground, watching Kage anxiously. The Vullaby gave another indignant squawk as it looked towards Thomas, almost as if daring him to come closer.

James hadn't skipped anybody, and he looked at Jazi with a reassuring smile. "There is no need to be shy, and I must say your Vullaby looks to be an excellent partner." He complimented the nervous girl, not knowing about her phobia.

"I don't.. agree..." Jazi muttered raising her gaze behind the tinted glasses to look at James cautiously.

"For now perhaps you don't agree with me, but in time I think you'll learn some things about your partner... and about yourself." James promised her with a smile, looking out at the class. "Now that I have gotten to meet you all, I suppose all that's left to do before we get started is to introduce a few of my partners. After all, they will be helping me teach most of these lessons..." With a casual flick of his wrist, James released a number of Pokemon. Sitting at his side was a powerful looking Arcanine. "Rocky, my starter... he's been with me since I was a boy." Up above James were two large dragons, who had taken to the skies and were eyeing the class. "Drago, my Charizard. Dominic, my Dragonite." Off to the side a Gallade and a Hitmonchan had begun lightly sparring. "Ezio, my Gallade. Creed, my Hitmonchan." The sixth of James' Pokemon was a Jolteon that was curled up in James' arms, having hurried there as soon as she was released from her ball. "And the princess here... who I spoil more than I should. Bolt my Jolteon."

Seeing James acting so paternal towards his Jolteon made Daphne blush an even deeper shade of crimson. She didn't know why this was happening to her.

"Now that my friends have gotten some air, we'll get to our first brief lesson." James vowed, motioning for each of his team members to stand behind him, with the exception of Bolt. "And our lesson for today has to do with style. What I mean by style is that each Pokemon has their own strengths and weaknesses... and your tactics must adjust accordingly. For example, my tactics with my Jolteon would be far different than with my Dragonite because while Jolteon is faster and can dodge with ease, Dragonite is a tank that can hit hard, but also take hits." He motioned towards Gallade and Hitmonchan, who continued to spar. "Even in the case of Gallade and Hitmonchan, even though they have very similar stat profiles, they do have their own style. Which comes with practice and experience. For both you and them." James held up his hand for a moment and the two stopped fighting, bowing to each other for just a moment. "Questions?" He asked, not knowing if he was going too fast.

Lulu dashed into the classroom late, feeling embarrassed. She'd gotten lost and been unable to figure out where the classroom was. She turned bright red on seeing the teacher was her house head, too. Of all the people to screw up in front of...

"Um, hi. I'm sorry I'm late. I'm Lulu Kilroy and this is DeeDee, my Dedenne," she said, wishing she could melt through the floor and disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom