• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(NEWS) Fire Emblem Fates coming to Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incinerawr

I'm back for you, Star Fox.
Reaction score
Was browsing through vids on Youtube and saw a list of upcoming games for 2018, one of which being FE Fates for Switch. Nintendo Direct made mention of this as well, and there's some indication that it will be another 'definitive edition' as seen in ports like Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors. It's likely that all three paths will come included with the game as well as its DLCs, but Nintendo likes to milk it so they may leave the DLCs alone.

I've seen consoles port consoles and handhelds port consoles, but a console porting a handheld? That's something I'd like to see. I'm especially interested in how they'll maintain the touch controls, but there's so many buttons on the JoyCon that it shouldn't matter.

Do you have a source for this? I was looking around a bit but i didn't see anything except speculation stuff and Fire emblem Warriors introduction for Fates characters.. This is also the first time I've heard of a Fire emblem Fates port for the Switch lol

Do you have a source for this? I was looking around a bit but i didn't see anything except speculation stuff and Fire emblem Warriors introduction for Fates characters.. This is also the first time I've heard of a Fire emblem Fates port for the Switch lol

Yeah, I saw it on a video. It started off advertising a game called Away: Journey to the Unexpected (or something), and ended with Fates. These were for the Switch, including other games like Bayonetta 2.

There's also a few articles on it I found saying that Nintendo accidentally leaked Fates talk in a FE Warriors DLC. I'll get you the specifics tomorrow l; I'm on my phone now lol

Yeah, I saw it on a video. It started off advertising a game called Away: Journey to the Unexpected (or something), and ended with Fates. These were for the Switch, including other games like Bayonetta 2.

There's also a few articles on it I found saying that Nintendo accidentally leaked Fates talk in a FE Warriors DLC. I'll get you the specifics tomorrow l; I'm on my phone now lol
Considering the FE reddit nor serenes forest has announced anything, and given the overall reception of FE fates in the fanbase, you sure it isn’t an april fools you fell for?

I had also asked someone i know who is a part of the FE Wiki staff and they don't know anything about it other than the rumors/leaks that were from last year that have been proven to be fake. The only fire emblem game that seems to be coming up is the new one we don't have any information on..

Well, I looked all over Youtube and can't find the video, so most likely it was a joke that lasted for two extra days, or was actually posted in 2017, which goes in accordance with this rumor. It was written around the time the Switch was first released, I guess one of the guys at Nintendo was supposed to be covering something about Fire Emblem Warriors Fates DLC but made mention of a port for the game instead.

This isn't the only article, either. There's rumors about a remake all over the Internet. More for Awakening though.

That likely was just a typo tbh.. It linking to the official page for the new game is rather suspicious since its giving two different messages. Some of the other rumors are also sketchy since there was a supposed game cover but it had a fan made art as the background. It's also just too early for a Fates port.. Awakening might also be too early tbh.. It's still rather fresh compared to the other games..

If it turns out to be real, I will get it, for one thing and one thing only:

Camilla.

Assuming, of course, it'll keep the "Phoenix Mode" from the 3DS version. I hate losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom