• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News: Surfing-Volt-Tackling-Flying-Pikachu-Coloured-Notched-Ear-Pichu

They have to promote SOMEthing.

Also, there is a ton of info that we don't even know about the games yet. Pichu won't seem so important as more stuff comes to light.

And there's the problem. They aren't showing us the game's content in favor of more NEP pimpage. Most of us want to see the game.

Ninty's marketing strategies are strange, but since people are stupid these days, it'll make people buy a movie ticket....

I'd be ok if it were just one regular Pichu that was somehow involved or something. But there are two. And their both "unique", which isnt necessarily a bad thing-until you get kids who think all Pokemon deserve some extra-super form D:

So its a nice idea, its just been focused on too much

Pachirisu wasn't even that whor'd out for Gen IV because of Lucario. Yeah, Dawn caught it, but good ol' Piplup made sure it didn't try to be a Pikachu.

Taken from a Time interview with the creator:

TIME: Pikachu is sort of marginal in the game. But it's now the best-known character. How'd that happen?
Tajiri: When they did the anime, they wanted a specific character to focus on. Pikachu was relatively popular compared with the others and potentially both boys and girls would like it. They heard a lot of opinions about this. It wasn't my idea.

These PEP and PCP events are basically part of the anime's influence on the games.

Taken from a Time interview with the creator:

TIME: Pikachu is sort of marginal in the game. But it's now the best-known character. How'd that happen?
Tajiri: When they did the anime, they wanted a specific character to focus on. Pikachu was relatively popular compared with the others and potentially both boys and girls would like it. They heard a lot of opinions about this. It wasn't my idea.

These PEP and PCP events are basically part of the anime's influence on the games.

Well this puts and end to all the anime=/=games gig doesn't it?

Not quite. They're still mutually exclusive, however, each entity in the franchise draws from the others. Notchie came from the anime to the games, just like Origintina and Skymin, to make them more spectacular for their releases. Undoubtedly Skymin would've stayed just Landmin if we hadn't hacked the games to discover its presence.

Todd went from the anime to Special. Yeah that's right. Because Snap didn't come out until AFTER he debuted in the anime by a long shot in Japan.

Todd went from the anime to Special. Yeah that's right. Because Snap didn't come out until AFTER he debuted in the anime by a long shot in Japan.
That answers my question of which came first. Now it makes me wonder if they won't do Snap 2 because of Todd being irrelevant in the anime now.

If NEP would really have all those move, she'd pwn very hard :). There should be some item that boosts her power, like that Light Ball for Pikachu.

Seriously, she's marketed because of the movie and HG/SS but they won't advertise her for all of the future games, so stop worrying.

If NEP would really have all those move, she'd pwn very hard :). There should be some item that boosts her power, like that Light Ball for Pikachu.

That probably wouldnt' work all that well. They already have a signature item for all pikachus, why come up with one for special pichus? Few people would get to use it really, and there's no point to having a second one when the first one is fine.

Agreed, Zeta. If they do overfocus a Pokémon, it should be something new. Not a baby Pikachu.

*GASP* It's not just any baby Pikachu! It's a baby Pikachu with a funny looking ear!

IT'S SPEISHUL!!!!!!11111 D8

. MORE FIRE POKÉMON.
WANT?: YES PLEASE
GET?: NO:nono:

I don't understand why everyone is complaining about Gizamimi and PCP.
They're optional Pokemon for OPTIONAL sidequests.

They're obviously aren't the meat of the game. Why should the most important details of the games be releaved months ahead of time? That leafts us with little surprise or excitement once the game is actually released.
We've been waiting for his for 5 YEARS. Would another 5 MONTHS really hurt you?

And for the record, (especially in Japan), CUTE PWNS ALL, so get used to the cute Pokemon promotion. It's nothing new, it just hasn't been paid any mind.

Dialga and Palkia did not get me to buy DP, Manene and Usohachi did.

They're obviously aren't the meat of the game. Why should the most important details of the games be releaved months ahead of time? That leafts us with little surprise or excitement once the game is actually released.
We've been waiting for his for 5 YEARS. Would another 5 MONTHS really hurt you?

We're complaining because this event, which as you say isn't a part of the main plot, is getting so much attention. Meanwhile, we, the people who care more about the actual game, get nothing. Except a deformed Pichu.

Thats not entirely true. We got artwork, a possible new area, info on Arceus events, more screens, following mons (though I STILL dont know what the fuck the fascination is, its just lil' bastards following you), touch screen capabilities, etc.

Though it is true that retard baby pokemon is stealing the show, we DID get something.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom