• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News: Surfing-Volt-Tackling-Flying-Pikachu-Coloured-Notched-Ear-Pichu

XD375

Shane
Reaction score
Obviously, this is fake, but is this really the direction we're headed? Why is Pichu suddenly the mascot of Pokémon? Is Nintendo trying to lean toward an even "cuter" mascot? And did they not learn when they tried the same thing with Pichu and Togepi back in Generation II?

And more generally, what are your opinions on Nintendo focusing too much on certain Pokémon every generation?

And more generally, what are your opinions on Nintendo focusing too much on certain Pokémon every generation?

Wouldn't mind it if they did it with Pokemon who aren't stale Pikachu ripoffs. Even Munchlax was more tolerable than this.

Agreed, Zeta. If they do overfocus a Pokémon, it should be something new. Not a baby Pikachu.

I don't know, I think Pichu's cute and I'm enjoying it. I can't wait to get my own NEP.

They can't very well use Pikachu for this because it wasn't introduced in generation II. In fact, the reason Pichu is The Chosen One is probably because of Pikachu's insane popularity.

It's just an advertising ploy.

I personally would like to know what the big deal about this little guy is. Do you just get another freaky pichu with odd abilites? Seems so. Unless there's more to NEP, I don't care about him.

Just like how the original Pichu was the posterboy mascot for the G/S/C generation.

I don't care lol.

I think Pichu is adorable, I just don't like the overmarketing...

We might be tired of NEP, but you know who's really pissed about it?

Celebi.

SHE (happy Sketch?) done stole Celebi's forest and spotlight.

Pichu was the mascot of the second generation,right? They're making it the mascot of these games to stay true to the original.

Though,I'm sort of bored of hearing about NEP and her shiny friend..

Pichu was the mascot of the second generation,right? They're making it the mascot of these games to stay true to the original.

Though,I'm sort of bored of hearing about NEP and her shiny friend..

If it was the official mascot, then it failed. I saw Lugia as more of a mascot than Pichu, which oddly enough, I never owned.

Even though I'm getting sick of the NEP whoring, it's just a marketing ploy since children love cute pokemon.

There always will be a "cute" pokemon of the generation that will end up being the mascot. Nothing new, nothing special. Sides', it's totally optional if you don't want the whole NEP event in your game. Simple, just don't trade PCP over.

BTW, they can still have Celebi's event at Illex Forest, after all, they have 4 events at the Spear Pillar, why can't the same apply here?

I am guessing since Pikachu is the mascot of pokemon and pichu being the gen II version of that, combined with (I can't remember who) either Ken sugimori (sp) or Junichi musada saying they liked pichu and took time creating it because it looked cute and this crossed with Japans love of cute things, ended up with the PCP/NEP all of a sudden being big.

Notchie's only big because HGSS is on its way.

Once we have HGSS in September, Notchie will fade to obscurity like every other event thing.

And then comes the Gen V Pikachu ripoff. Please no. MORE FIRE POKÉMON.

Does it matter, though? Should we be surprised? I mean, no new pokemon are being introduced since these are remakes. We have Notched Ear Pichu, who is an old pokemon with a strange and different new characteristic.

They have to promote SOMEthing.

Also, there is a ton of info that we don't even know about the games yet. Pichu won't seem so important as more stuff comes to light.

Pichu is okay IMO. I wish that they would use Eevee as the mascot though, I love that thing, and all of it's eeveelutions. I just hope that they use NEP as an opportuinty to improve on Pichu as a pokemon. Of course, it's most likely a marketing ploy to say that there are new pokemon formes in HGSS.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom