• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Next dub opening?

I'd want a new song over a new version of Pokemon World.

In past topics, I've been very "instrumental" (no pun intended) about the topic of the dub's music and how the theme tunes should be in particular. If they are sticking to "The Series XY" motif and are dispensing with individual season names per generation then I believe that they'll stick with "Pokémon Theme XY".

Whether it will be remixed in similar vein to Volt and other main series themes in the Japanese version remains to be seen which I would like to see rather than just rushing out a song on TPCi's ethos about "We are together, friends forever now" which has been pretty much the focus since TPCi took over dubbing whereas with 4Kids, themes tended to be more about Ash's dream and written mainly in the first person which gave the impression that Ash was singing the song which I find is a nice personal touch.

With Ed Goldfarb who is now pretty much confirmed to be in charge of the scoring for the dub, I am actually interested to see what he can do on the theme song front. Maybe he can pick back up on the themes that 4Kid's left behind when the songs were mostly about Ash himself.

Pokémon World was pretty popular IMO. It was when the Pokémon hype was still high in the west. While I agree that Pokémon Theme is more well-known, World is a close second.

Personally, I think it would be really awesome if they did a rearrangement/re-recording of the first Pokémon Advanced them. It would keep in thematically with the first XY theme of being a remix, while tying into the recent ORAS release and the undoubtedly upcoming Hoenn love (such as the Treecko trainer). Not to mention it would be absolutely perfect as the full opening to the new movie (featuring Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza).

That would work too. They'd have to take out the reference to Pokémon: Advanced, but that was pretty easy when they were remixing Battle Frontier as a DP insert song.

Yeah, I think if they do a remix, this'll be their last one for a while. Also, they could do a "Born to be a Winner" remix.

Alright, well...it's better than some of the really terrible stuff they did in DP and BW, so I guess that's good. It sounds a bit more like the David Rolfe-era songs, which is cool, but the chord progression/structure of the song is just too dissonant and it would've sounded better had they used something more predictable.

...it was also around 10 seconds long. What's up with that?

Last edited:
Well... the first half of it sounds like something taken from Phineas and Ferb. The lyrics are somewhat generic, but the music isn't bad, in the sense that it can stand out as its own unique song. The song overall sounds better than We Will Carry On! and all of the BW intros to me. The thing is... no Getta Banban footage? That opening has some really nice scenes, I hope that they use some for the next English intro instead of favoring footage for the following Japanese opening instead. The scenes they're using for this intro are really outdated already.

This is something that will likely be fixed in a full version, but the only big problem I have with this is the lyrics. I guess this song is called Be a Hero. Because that's absolutely no TPCi song called We Will Be Heroes already, nor something like I Wanna Be a Hero either.

Last edited:
Just as I thought was going to happen, there was going to be a totally brand new song, along with a new opening. And I actually like it, it fits the theme of mega evolution perfectly! And I know pretty much all the lyrics as of now:

You're just a kid on a quest~
to be the best of the best~
Some day you're destined for power and glory~
You know you're up to the test~
There's only one way to tell this story~
Be a hero, Be a hero~
All the power is at your command~
Face your fears and show you're a hero~
The future of the world is in your hand~
Pokémon~

Last edited:
I really liked this opening !!!!!
Guys, did CN USA broadcasted the ending theme? Who's sing or have created this song? Ed Goldfarb?

Alright, well...it's better than some of the really terrible stuff they did in DP and BW, so I guess that's good. It sounds a bit more like the David Rolfe-era songs, which is cool, but the chord progression/structure of the song is just too dissonant and it would've sounded better had they used something more predictable.

...it was also around 10 seconds long. What's up with that?

It was like 30 seconds long, which has been the standard since Battle Frontier I think. Still, the missed opportunity is major, favoring Mega V (Volt) footage over Mad-Paced Getter. I think they could've gotten footage from both openings to be honest, it would've been perfect if "Face your fears and show you're a hero" was the scene with Goomy evolving to Goodra. Also, the fact that Froakie is in the opening but it's evolving in episode 4 of the season, this bugs me to no end. However, "all the power is at your command" (the battle scene with Diantha and Mega Gardevoir) and "the future of the world is at your hand" (Serena reaching for the sun) was perfect. So overall, the opening was pretty good but could've used the Mad-Paced Getter scenes, that opening was god-tier in the way of visuals.

Last edited:
I like this opening!
It was like 30 seconds long, which has been the standard since Battle Frontier I think. Still, the missed opportunity is major, favoring Mega V (Volt) footage over Mad-Paced Getter. I think they could've gotten footage from both openings to be honest, it would've been perfect if "Face your fears and show you're a hero" was the scene with Goomy evolving to Goodra. Also, the fact that Froakie is in the opening but it's evolving in episode 4 of the season, this bugs me to no end. However, "all the power is at your command" (the battle scene with Diantha and Mega Gardevoir) and "the future of the world is at your hand" (Serena reaching for the sun) was perfect. So overall, the opening was pretty good but could've used the Mad-Paced Getter scenes, that opening was god-tier in the way of visuals.

EDIT: Some guy on Youtube by the name of CreeperChamp has posted an HD version of the opening, figured I'd post it here for those of you who missed it.
They might update the opening for Frogadier. Also, the opening was probably lacks Mad-Paced Getter scenes to avoid spoilers.

Last edited:
Actually, CreeperChamp stole this video from a friend of mine, Furious Trainer.

[video=youtube;vHf1CmJ-tLI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHf1CmJ-tLI[/video]

CreeperChamp stole it 18 minutes after the original upload, so if everyone could remove the stolen upload, that would be great.

They might update the opening for Frogadier. Also, the opening was probably lacks Mad-Paced Getter scenes to avoid spoilers.

What I actually think and hope they will do (although I'll try not to get my hopes up) is that maybe a few episodes in (like XY055 or XY061 maybe) the opening will, like Battle Cry ~ (Stand Up!), possibly be updated with scenes from Mad-Paced Getter. It'd be good and make sense, because by the end of this season, which I assume would be XY096 or something, the scenes from Mega V (Volt) will be so irrelevant and out-of-date it's not even funny. And the problem with simply updating the scenes is that there was no update in the Japanese version of Mega V (Volt), so they'd have to actually put in Frogadier manually, and I don't think they'd do that.

video removed so the quote isn't huge

CreeperChamp stole it 18 minutes after the original upload, so if everyone could remove the stolen upload, that would be great.

I removed it from my post, I'd ask that technikal do the same.

Last edited:

You're really going to have qualms over something TPCI and the Pokemon Company created, who probably could have these videos removed claiming copyright. There's honestly no such thing as stealing a video that TPCI made themselves, unless Furious Trainer works for TPCI.

They shouldn't care about spoilers, but seems highly unlikely that the dub opening will change, since the dub usually only updates the opening for a new season, there have been some exceptions. But I'm not sure it would happen here.

You're really going to have qualms over something TPCI and the Pokemon Company created, who probably could have these videos removed claiming copyright. There's honestly no such thing as stealing a video that TPCI made themselves, unless Furious Trainer works for TPCI.

They shouldn't care about spoilers, but seems highly unlikely that the dub opening will change, since the dub usually only updates the opening for a new season, there have been some exceptions. But I'm not sure it would happen here.

First part: Yeah, I realize it might get taken down, but Furious Trainer put SOME time into uploading that for us, so I feel he deserves credit.
Second part: I just find it weird that they included Froakie when it's literally going to be a Frogadier for the majority of the season. At least during the first season, Fletchling was only a Fletchinder for like 12 episodes they used that opening for, but this is like a whole different thing. And again, by XY096, the scenes from Mega V (Volt) with Diantha, Tierno and Trevor, Froakie, and even Fletchinder I'd say, are going to be so irrelevant. I do hope that they change it at some point, sooner or later.

I just find it weird that they included Froakie when it's literally going to be a Frogadier for the majority of the season. At least during the first season, Fletchling was only a Fletchinder for like 12 episodes they used that opening for, but this is like a whole different thing. And again, by XY096, the scenes from Mega V (Volt) with Diantha, Tierno and Trevor, Froakie, and even Fletchinder I'd say, are going to be so irrelevant. I do hope that they change it at some point, sooner or later.

Most definitely, it does seem odd that the season ended a few episodes before Frogadier, and we have an already soon to be outdated opening.

At best, the dub opening might change, if all known spoilers show up in the Japanese opening, Goodra, Luxray, and Braixen.

Meh opening. The lyrics were so generic and the melody lacked any real build-up or excitement. The visuals were awkward since some of the events - Ash vs. Diantha, Tierno and the other rivals appearing - have already happened in the dub.

Last edited:
I'm mixed on this opening. In one hand I'm happy that they heard fan suggestions and improved the lyrics, and the song rhythm is certainly better (but it isn't catchy enough).
The images are what bug me. Like was said above, there wasn't any need to show Tierno, Trevor and Diantha, because who knows if they will end up appearing this season. This would have been solved by using Getter ban ban, which still has many usable scenes that would fit the song rhythm.

I think that they will leave this opening until Japan gets a new version of Getter ban ban, at the very least.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom