• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Next generation

What do want to happen?

• Total voters
Dude, you forgot "Max should come back (as a trainer)" That's the one thing I want. Max coming back (or starting his own adventure) as a trainer.

Sorry, I was gonna put that but the characters never seem to age so he would still be too young to have any pokemon.

The next girl should not be a cordinator. She should be tom-boyish. They should replace brock with a male cordinator. That would be interesting.

As much as I love Dawn, I think she should leave for Next Gen. She'll be so freaking boring and dry by then, and new characters are always welcomed.

Misty and May shouldn't return, I'll get tired of them too. I'm tired of Brock, but he's been here since the beginning and the group wouldn't survive him. I don't see him going unless Ash goes, but that's unlikely.

Aside from that and a female rival (for Ash), it doesn't really matter.

me i belive any thing can happen

also reed if u care to & if u do reply if i said something wrong in your oppenion just so i'll know it's just my thoughts on the subject

i belive(but realy belive may not happen on some)

dawn can stay for johto to me the number of dp ep's dont matter the story does so i dont see why see can't travle to johto but advertisment matter more & thats a reason for her to leave altogether(but a new female or not dont matter unless changed to misty almost only that counts for somthing)

mist could come back she was the original girl in johto(AG not counted)

brock can leave for a new charter boy or girl dont have to have his jokes just have somthing they live & do repeatly like loving chocolate crazy like brock & girls

there will be a next gen girl but because of jimmy i see marina as her already not that im aplying its true

i can see max being a trainer maybe they'll after DP skip A few years & replace ash with max later on showing the mystery of what happen to ash will prob.. be nown about at gen 7-9 or never

i can see ash getting replaced by dawn seeing how after new johto journey they'll be no new region ex:new sinnoh,unless new region added or ash fly's to a new pokemon continent based off another part of the world than japan

i can see only if ash gets replaced a new gen boy i never think this has a chance it's the 2nd(from top place) most unliky thing iv said yet

i belive ash totadile & cyndaquil will return with another charter getting chicorita

i belive ash will loss in the shinno league because if he win that will draw his journey closer to a close(that dosent mean he cant win & go to johto the fight the champ & E4 but after his journey should end win or loss to champ/E4)

i belive some other more stuff i dont remember anymore

me getting by thoughts out

As much as I like dreaming up best case scenarios, I think we all know that those won't happen. Based on how the anime has done its most recent series, I submit my prediction:

We meet a new coordinator who chooses the Gen V grass type starter.
Ash meets her and Pikachu roasts another bicycle. BTW, Pikachu is Ash's only pokemon for starters.
Brock shows up having left Sudowoodo and Croagunk back home.
Ash catches the Gen V water starter, which will later evolve (because Kingler is his only water type to evolve so far).
Brock catches the region's fire starter who uses flamethrower to keep Brock away from the laddies.
Brock's Happiny evolves into Chansey and he leaves it with a Nurse Joy in need.
Throughout the series, Ash catches a grass type, a fire type, a normal/flying type and one other.
Brock and the new coordinator catch a handful of pokemon each.
We meet a handful of new rivals, but none of them will be as intense as Paul because that cannot be topped.
If Gen V includes a battle frontier and a return to Hoenn, there's a small chance that they'll show that Max gets his wish and finally starts his journey with his very own Treecko.

Sorry pal, the last thing will never happen. See my sig.

As for the other things, you exactly wrote what I hope will never happen but am affraid will happen. Grr. It's frustrating to see it writen like that.

As much as I like dreaming up best case scenarios, I think we all know that those won't happen. Based on how the anime has done its most recent series, I submit my prediction:

We meet a new coordinator who chooses the Gen V grass type starter.
Ash meets her and Pikachu roasts another bicycle. BTW, Pikachu is Ash's only pokemon for starters.
Brock shows up having left Sudowoodo and Croagunk back home.
Ash catches the Gen V water starter, which will later evolve (because Kingler is his only water type to evolve so far).
Brock catches the region's fire starter who uses flamethrower to keep Brock away from the laddies.
Brock's Happiny evolves into Chansey and he leaves it with a Nurse Joy in need.
Throughout the series, Ash catches a grass type, a fire type, a normal/flying type and one other.
Brock and the new coordinator catch a handful of pokemon each.
We meet a handful of new rivals, but none of them will be as intense as Paul because that cannot be topped.
If Gen V includes a battle frontier and a return to Hoenn, there's a small chance that they'll show that Max gets his wish and finally starts his journey with his very own Treecko.

QFAT...

But I think there is a chance to top Paul...idk who or how but...yeah...

Yeah, that's true. Nothing could top Paul (except maybe someone who killed they're pokemon).

Well, for being a great rival it isn't necessary to be mean or abuse your Pokemon... they could top him with some other kind of character...

Now this may sound off but I wouldnt mind Dawn becoming centre of attention particularly if Ash beats Elite Four in Sinnho and then if there is a BF beats that and then becomes a Frontier Brain - maybe the ones in Jhoto would have beaten the Kanto ones and now become Brains and set up in Jhoto who knows - anyway thats what I would like!

Then after Jhoto you have Dawn travel to the 5th gen place and do Co-ordinating there and have the new boy be a Gym Challenger and maybe have another Character come into the frame doing something else - it does mean a complete change to the anime and getting rid of certain characters maybe for good but I think it could work! Personally I woldnt ming Brock going with her as he is a friendly face and he can obviously provide helpful tips while Ash stays maybe in Kanto to become an 8th Brain!

I personaly prefer the old pokemon,but i like the new pokemon to and they should put together the old and new pokemons it sould be great.And they can put brock and tracey together with ash and dawn possibly i'd like to =)

A new rival who doent have an ego but isn't really friendly and pawns Ash everytime. Maybe the rival should be female. ^_^

Ash should catch water type starter and evolve it fully.

Female character should not be a coordinator.

What I think should happen is this (also based on what does usually happen):

1) Misty won't return, she had her 2 series and some other episodes and while there is a girl in the gang, they won't have a second one. She might have cameo appearances, but this is a long shot. Dawn might end up like May is now, go co-odernate somewhere else, like maybe Hoenn and return maybe once in a while to see the gang etc.

2) As we know the female from the current games always follows the gang on their journey through that region. It will be the same, 99% sure. While I don't know if contests will still be here in future games past HGSS, so if they are, she will most likley be a co-odanitor as usual. If not, she will have another role, might not be challanging gyms as Ash would do that, but can't say for sure

3) Brock is the sensible one of the group when he is not chasing girls around, so unless they find another character to do this, Brock will stay. They know how to handle Brock fine and adding an new character to replace him might be make or break so I think Brock will stay, he might like in other series, go away at the start of the series then reappear later on, before Ash starts his first gym battle.

4) Ash will Oak all his pokemon minus Pikachu (man Oaks lab might be getting full of his pokemon by now) Ash will always catch the flying type of that region, most likley the one you can find early on in games... pidgy/taillow/starly being the main theee he had you can catch in games early on. He will end up with most likely 2-3 starter pokemon if the female character does not have the other one, she most likley will.

5) Ash will train for gyms as usual, he will most likley meet the rival from that region, even if its not an ingame one like Paul was.

6) At least Ash will have 5 pokemon from the region. But with this he might have at least 4 of them one stage evolved, maybe at leas 2 fully evolved. He never has all of his pokemon fully evovled to prove you don't need evolved pokemon for them to be strong (well future might change this but based on whats now and been before, he won't have all fully evolved pokemon)

I think Dawn should stay and if she doesn't stay Soul should be in the gang. I also think that there should be four people traveling again like in Advanced Generation. The fourth person could be an inspiring Pokemon Professor and travels with Ash in order to learn about all the Pokemon's behavior and environment and be the brains of the group

I think Dawn should stay and if she doesn't stay Soul should be in the gang.

Doubtful on both accounts, nice as it may be, they always use the female from the games as he female character each Gen, to advertise the current games.

Gen 1: We had misty, but then we had no female in games so.

Gen II: Still had Misty, Crystal gave us "Kris" Marina, but by then it was a little late to have her in main gang and because no female in GS, there was no new girl so Misty had stayed for this reason or maybe we might have seen a new character to replace Misty, maybe Marina afterall, but she came in Crystal and it was a bit late to have her as main character travelling with the gang.

Gen III: We had May, May from games, but she the co-odinator who went around doing contests and battling in aime

Gen IV: We have Dawn, same as Dawn from D/P. May became a cameo character only, I might imagine Dawn to to the same next gen, who knows?

I don't think the trend will break next gen

Doubtful on both accounts, nice as it may be, they always use the female from the games as he female character each Gen, to advertise the current games.

Gen 1: We had misty, but then we had no female in games so.

Gen II: Still had Misty, Crystal gave us "Kris" Marina, but by then it was a little late to have her in main gang and because no female in GS, there was no new girl so Misty had stayed for this reason or maybe we might have seen a new character to replace Misty, maybe Marina afterall, but she came in Crystal and it was a bit late to have her as main character travelling with the gang.

Gen III: We had May, May from games, but she the co-odinator who went around doing contests and battling in aime

Gen IV: We have Dawn, same as Dawn from D/P. May became a cameo character only, I might imagine Dawn to to the same next gen, who knows?

I don't think the trend will break next gen

I still think it's pointless to keep Dawn in the HGSS Saga. Maybe if they had named it "Dual Generation" instead of "Diamond and Pearl", I'd let it slide, but seeing how HGSS has absolutely nothing to do with Dawn at all (not to mention that unlike Emerald, Platinum was released first and by the time HGSS is released, the DPP, and Dawn by extension, will be far outdated, and thus, not advertizement material.). I mean, at least with May's appearance in Season 9, it's understandable since Emerald was released after FRLG, and it was outdated by that time (though they could have just advertized absolutely all aspects of Emerald, including the games location of the Frontier and giving May a Johto Starter just to advertize the fact that you can get Johto Starters in Emerald), plus the show's name is Advanced Generation, which implies that they won't focus entirely on a single set of games. In Dawn's case, she really cannot stay, even IF Generation V isn't revealed yet.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom