• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Next generation

What do want to happen?

• Total voters
It'll never happen, but...

I'd like to see Ash gone. Not even because I dislike him (although I do dislike him) but because he's no longer a plausible protagonist.

I remember seeing the first DP episode and being surprised how much I enjoyed it. I couldn't quite put my finger on why... until I realised. No Ash.

It'll never happen, though. We're stuck with him forever.

Hikari should leave. Sure, her personality is quite OK, but her rivals and her team of Pokemon are really lackluster, especially compared to Haruka. The contest arc greatly suffers from this; we'll probably never see anything as epic as Haruka VS Shuu/Harley with Hikari.

I am betting the E4 arc is the only time Ash will be given a sendoff.

In Dawn's case, she really cannot stay, even IF Generation V isn't revealed yet.

You can't decide something like that
She can and most likely will stay
Even if they start the show as a "new series" again and call it HGSS - it's pretty safe to assume at least Ash/Pika/Dawn/Pip will stay
And they never said anything about starting a new series... it's still called DP after HGSS released and after the HGSS heroine appears... so I guess it'll stay DP until next gen
Also, it's still possible we'll get a group of four... they tried it once, they might try it again... and then we might simply see Kotone join the current group

It'll never happen, but...

I'd like to see Ash gone.

It might happen eventually but I doubt it'd happen in the near future
I want Ash to stay AT LEAST for gen 5 too
It's the only way he'd get some kind of proper conclusion that will be good for me
Ash have went through gradual improvement and I'd like him to keep gradually improving: win the Sinnoh League and beat the E4 but then lose to Cynthia... and then next gen beat the Champion

but her rivals and her team of Pokemon are really lackluster

And if they were like May's, people would complain it's too similar to May -_-
It's simply different, no better or worse

He can always lose to the Champion or continue his journey even if he win
It's not like beating ONE Champion from ONE region is so great... sure it's a huge achievement but it's only a single person from one region out of 2353252
It all depends on what the writers want to do, there are no rules here...

I actually don't want Ash to leave. Pokemon just wouldn't be the same. I also don't want Brock to leave and I definitly don't want Team Rocket to be replaced. The only character I want replaced is Dawn. I really hate her! But that's just my opinion.

Here are some things I would want for the 5th Generation.

1. I want Misty to return.
2. Hopefully the new girl is not a Coordinator. I'm sick of Coordinators (except for Drew coz he's hot).
3. I want the Ash's Kanto Pokemon again.
4. Pokethlon is just awesome.
5. No more contests and appeals...please...

I personally prefer 5th Gen dirl to be Ash's rival this time, because Ash definitely needs to finaly have female rival. That would be awsome.

Hey I like this idea, have her be a rival to Ash for a bit, than travel with her and be a frenemy, friends but rivals..Good idea..

Any who while Forgot to say one more thing, if they were to replace Dawn yah I'd be ok with it being Soul.

Last edited:
Here's what I'd like to see happen.

~Ash finds out about 5th gen region and goes with Pikachu and his newest Pokemon (a gen I-IV Pokemon that gains a gen V evolution).
~Ash meets the male and female game characters. The male has the fire starter of the region and is a co-ordinator. The female has the grass starter but is unsure of what she wants to do at that point (later discovering whatever gen V has in place of contests).
~Ash catches the token bird of the region, the water starter and a grass type.
~Ash battles against the first gym leader who typically uses the rock type. He fights a losing battle until Brock unexpectedly turns up to cheer him on, giving him the confidence to win.
~Ash meets the rival from the games and defeats her. They maintain a friendly, but serious, rivalry.
~Dawn shows up for a huge contest and loses in the final to the male co-ordinator.

and although this'll never happen...

~Ash wins/finds a dawn stone.
~Ash meets up with Max who has a Grovyle, Kirlia and a new gen V Poke. He beats Max and gives him the dawn stone to evolve his Kirlia. Max then returns to Hoenn for his gym challenge.

I hate the co-ordinators, probably because I hate having to watch contests/contests in general.

Here's what I'd like to see happen.

~Ash finds out about 5th gen region and goes with Pikachu and his newest Pokemon (a gen I-IV Pokemon that gains a gen V evolution).
~Ash meets the male and female game characters. The male has the fire starter of the region and is a co-ordinator. The female has the grass starter but is unsure of what she wants to do at that point (later discovering whatever gen V has in place of contests).
~Ash catches the token bird of the region, the water starter and a grass type.
~Ash battles against the first gym leader who typically uses the rock type. He fights a losing battle until Brock unexpectedly turns up to cheer him on, giving him the confidence to win.
~Ash meets the rival from the games and defeats her. They maintain a friendly, but serious, rivalry.
~Dawn shows up for a huge contest and loses in the final to the male co-ordinator.

and although this'll never happen...

~Ash wins/finds a dawn stone.
~Ash meets up with Max who has a Grovyle, Kirlia and a new gen V Poke. He beats Max and gives him the dawn stone to evolve his Kirlia. Max then returns to Hoenn for his gym challenge.

Win. I demand Jimmy joins anyway.

Me? Well, as much as I love Dawn, I wouldn't mind seeing a new girl come in and maybe, I dunno, Dawn shows up in an episode, stays a while, then leaves.

Overall though, I really don't care what happens. I just take whatever comes.

I hate the co-ordinators, probably because I hate having to watch contests/contests in general.

IMHO, Contests are a bit dull now, but the show could easily incorporate new sub-ideas to keep the momentum of Pokemon Contests. For example, how come Dawn only really wears only one outfit during (official) contests (even Zoey had at least two)? Perhaps so that the next coordinator can do so?

I always had the idea of fraternal twins (one boy and one girl) doing Contests and Gyms respectively. The boy would be a rival to the next co-ordinator, while the girl would become a rival for Ash...

I always had the idea of fraternal twins (one boy and one girl) doing Contests and Gyms respectively. The boy would be a rival to the next co-ordinator, while the girl would become a rival for Ash...
Would they travel with the gang or pop up now and again with some weird twin-line splitting-thing-that-we'll-all-think-is-rather-cool-the-first-couple-of-times-then-realise-it's-actually-a-little-bit-shit?

Would they travel with the gang or pop up now and again with some weird twin-line splitting-thing-that-we'll-all-think-is-rather-cool-the-first-couple-of-times-then-realise-it's-actually-a-little-bit-shit?

Either/or. Does it really matter? I have some crazy ideas.

I highly doubt rivals would be traveling together, while popping up would be spontaneously awkward (especially in the case of twins).

Last edited:
By next gen I still think there will be a new sidequest to replace contests.

They've pretty much used up all their contest ideas between May and Dawn. Nobody is going to care about a third female doing the same thing, as people already weren't too thrilled about Dawn doing contests to start off with.

Dawn should stay or may should come back hell pokemon is getting repetitive and since the creators came out and gave us a Big flat out NO<<< to Misty's return i didn't include misty

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom