• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Next Nintendo home console revealed at E3: Wii U to succeed Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Next Nintendo home console revealed at E3: Wii U to succeed Wii

The follow-up to the Wii, the Wii U, has been revealed at this year's E3. It is set to be released March 2012.

Read more on Bulbanews

Enzap

radical
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
If you can play Wii games on it, does that mean you can also play Game Cube games on it?

GameCodeTrainer

Warrior of 炎
Reaction score
All I have to say is.... Awesome. Looking forward to purchasing one of my own in the future.

In a way, it reminds me of the Xbox360 (the system, not the controller).

Enzap

radical
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Aw, that's too bad.

Oh well, I don't really plan on getting another system any time soon anyway since I just got my 3DS. I'm perfectly happy with my Wii.

Gligar13

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P
Reaction score
It doesn't matter much anyway, a cube is $30 bucks at GameStop.

Water Max

初段黒帯空手家!
Reaction score
If the Virtual Console will continue on the Wii U Gamecube games may be downloadable on it or they could continue making New Play Control games.

JRoGue

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you but after seeing such an awesome controller like the Wii U I'm thinking... Pokemon Snap (Revision TIME!)!!! Tell me that controller wouldn't be the coolest concept for that game?! Anyways, just thought I'd throw my two cents into the mix...

TLZ the Confirmer

I'm out of Zek macros, OK
Reaction score
I don't know about this idea...having a screen on the controller sort of nulls the point of having a television screen as well. And the analog stick looks like it would be awkward to use (too high). But Nintendo has seldom been wrong with their ideas in the recent past, so I might buy one when it comes out.

Noivern

Noivern noi!
Reaction score
I don't know about this idea...having a screen on the controller sort of nulls the point of having a television screen as well. And the analog stick looks like it would be awkward to use (too high). But Nintendo has seldom been wrong with their ideas in the recent past, so I might buy one when it comes out.

The screen is complementary to the TV, like how the other non-main screen is used in certain DS games. It can also be used when the TV is occupied, acting as a makeshift handheld.

Gligar13

Reaction score
If the Virtual Console will continue on the Wii U Gamecube games may be downloadable on it or they could continue making New Play Control games.

VC will probably continue, and cube games will probably be expensive compared to used ones. And some will not make it ever.

Flare's flash

Needed when stranded
Reaction score
Wii U in a picture just looks like a normal Wii Gamecube-like remote and a normal Wii in the background.I think it's just another Wii with beter stuff.

Snivy Nation

The Snivy of Ohio
Reaction score
With all these advances in technology, I am left thinking one thing... "HEY YOU PIKACHU!" remake!

The Outrage

Reaction score
I don't actually understand this need for backwards compatibility all the way back to the Game Cube. I'd rather they not have it if it would hinder the overall system performance.

That and you have a game cube, and a Wii that can play them. Why not try holding onto one of your older systems?
It's only too high if the button configuration required your thumbs to also hit much lower, but while their controller is huge, the way the buttons are arranged, and the fact that there seems to be a little ledge on the back that helps your controller rest on your middle finger (as I assume your index will be on the triggers), the button configuration aren't so spread apart that it makes the controls clunky in that respect.

Gligar13

Reaction score
I don't actually understand this need for backwards compatibility all the way back to the Game Cube. I'd rather they not have it if it would hinder the overall system performance.

That and you have a game cube, and a Wii that can play them. Why not try holding onto one of your older systems?

Some people don't want to have too many systems. Except I never use the BC modes of any of my systems, except the GBA SP and the PS2. 99% of the time, they never work. And in Cube mode on the Wii, you can't use the BBA or the GB Player, so no MK lan parties.

Blockhead Pippi

North America's only Pippi fan
Reaction score
So, I guess this thing isn't backwards compatible with GCN games?

Derier44

Reaction score
I definatly feel a Pokemon Snap revision with the new controller, also will like to see how other Pokemon games will work with it. Kind of off topic but the Pokedex for the 3DS looks cool as well.

Blockhead Pippi

North America's only Pippi fan
Reaction score
It doesn't matter much anyway, a cube is $30 bucks at GameStop.

Used GCNs.

And there will come a time when Gamestop will get rid of old titles and refuse to sell used ones, consoles included They've already got rid all of their GCN titles and are refusing to accept used copies, apparently.

Axxonn

Owning all your base
Reaction score
Aw man, did you all see the presentation? That thing was crazy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.