• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Next Nintendo home console revealed at E3: Wii U to succeed Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised that GCN titles won't be compatible with the Wii U. Many optical drives do not even take 8 cm cds. It probably costs extra to have an optical drive that does take it.

Also, I cannot be the only person who noticed how strange the voices in the announcement trailer were.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised that GCN titles won't be compatible with the Wii U. Many optical drives do not even take 8 cm cds. It probably costs extra to have an optical drive that does take it.

Also, I cannot be the only person who noticed how strange the voices in the announcement trailer were.

Those voiceovers had weird volume. They were filmed only weeks ago, so they might have been rushed.

Used GCNs.

And there will come a time when Gamestop will get rid of old titles and refuse to sell used ones, consoles included They've already got rid all of their GCN titles and are refusing to accept used copies, apparently.

Unless you go to another game store. Independent game stores usually carry older consoles, and have stacks of SNES and Genesis games, and asking in the back reveals lots of disc based games.

Nintendo announced that the Wii U will probably be priced for 20,000 Yen, which will probably make the US price $250.

Nintendo announced that the Wii U will probably be priced for 20,000 Yen, which will probably make the US price $250.
Source please?

Well, if what they're doing with the Wii2 is bringing it up to XBox and PS3 standards in terms of graphics, I guess it shouldn't be that expensive.

$250-300 would be a good price, if it has 3rd party support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom