• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Next Pokémon

I know one thing he could do with it, other than possibly just letting Ash have both, take it and break it in front of him and everyone to show how cold hearted and ruthless he really is.

That does sound cool, an "I don't need your worthless bells, Pokemon are tools" speech from Paul sounds interesting, that would also cause Ash and Company to wonder what the hell his deal is. Not just with Chimchar, in general.

Dawn doesn't have a lock on the tournament just because she has a happiness pokemon, Buneary could just as easily try and steal the bell from Ash's backpack(assuming he wins of course) to impress Pikachu in some mannor and end up evolving after wearing it for a while.

That would seem very Lombreish, and the Pikachu/Buneary relationship could either intensify or fizzle, depending on Pikachu's new feeling for seeing the Playboy bunny and the bunny's feelings themself. Would Pikachu try to battle harder to impress Lopunny? Would Lopunny lose interest in Pikachu? I just like all the interesting little conflicts that can arise from Buneary evolving.

I just realized something. With all of the speculation of there possibly being GS remakes, people were also speculating that Ash would bring back Cyndaquil and Totodile at some point this series.

Now with Ash getting Chimchar, Cyndaquil is definitely out of the picture although Totodile is still a possibility (if the Aipom/Buizel trade doesn't happen or they trade back - face it, whoknows whats going to happen?).

But that still leaves room on Dawn's roster for a fire-type...

Do I sense a repeat of May's Bulbasaur? I hope not...

Last edited:
It could happen, but I'd rather not see another old Pokemon on a new characters roster. We don't even know if Dawn will make another capture for the rest of Sinnoh either.

I just realized something. With all of the speculation of there possibly being GS remakes, people were also speculating that Ash would bring back Cyndaquil and Totodile at some point this series.

Now with Ash getting Chimchar, Cyndaquil is definitely out of the picture although Totodile is still a possibility (if the Aipom/Buizel trade doesn't happen or they trade back - face it, whoknows whats going to happen?).

But that still leaves room on Dawn's roster for a fire-type...

Do I sense a repeat of May's Bulbasaur? I hope not...

That's pretty much the only shot any Cyndaquil has. Totodile has a shot if the trade doesn't go though, and I think Chikorita would be a good fit for Dawn.

So apparently Dawn lost the tournament and didn't get the soothe bell, although Ash did.

Anyone think a Buneary evo is ruled out? I know Ash might give it to her but it seems kind of pointless.

Pointless? why would he need 2 of them? currently Dawn is still the only one that can make use of that item and Ash has 2
I don't want Buneary to evolve but if the writers will do it at least it might be more interesting than randomly evolving like usually

Pointless? why would he need 2 of them? currently Dawn is still the only one that can make use of that item and Ash has 2
I don't want Buneary to evolve but if the writers will do it at least it might be more interesting than randomly evolving like usually
Ash could still make good use of it. he just got a pokemon from another trainer, and i wuldn't be surprised if he gives one to chimchar in the next episode.

Screw the rules, I want Satoshi to have a Lucario and a Drapion.

Yeah. 7 Pokemon. It's not much enough not to be able to give them all a personality.

Or, maybe, here's my idea:

After Shin'ou League there's going to be a new quest (possibly Battle Zone with Elite 4 challenge). I can see Satoshi catching a Scorpi at the very end of Shin'ou League, then Orchiding (Oaking) one or two of his Pokemon before heading to Battle Zone and taking Scorpi with him. Drapion makes a perfect Pokemon for Satoshi. He needs one!

The Gabliarth would also be a good idea (screw the rules, he can get one, too) because an epic battle between his and Shirona's Gabliarth would be pretty sweet, wouldn't it?

Satoshi's dream-team for E4:
Pikachu, Hayashigame -> Dodaitoise, Goukazaru, Lucario, Drapion, Gabite -> Gabliarth

Now, see, before I knew about the Aipom/Buizel trade possibility, I thought Ash would get a Mantyke or a Shellos East for a Water type. I've been trying to come up with a number of teams based on what I've seen in previous seasons. Here are some I've got nailed down.

-Pikachu/Ambipom/Gastrodon East/Infernape/Grotle/Staraptor
-Pikachu/Ambipom/Mantyke-Mantine/Monferno/Torterra/Staraptor
-Pikachu/Infernape/Grotle/Floatzel/Staraptor/?????? (this slot I haven't filled yet, due to having a limited number of Pokemon to try and fill this slot with. He could catch a new Pokemon, or he could bring back another Pokemon from Oaks lab).

The ????? in the last team has been giving me some problems. Obviously, this is assumes that Ash will trade his Aipom for Dawns Buizel. But since he can't have any Pokemon that Brock, Dawn, Paul, Jessie or James own, and since he can't have two Pokemon of the same type on his team, this leaves a very limited number of Pokemon he can have.

-Cranidos/Rampardos
-Shieldon/Bastiodon
-Misdreavus/Mismagius
-Stunky/Skuntank
-Bronzor/Bronzong
-Spiritomb
-Rilou/Lucario
-Skorupi/Drapion

I've said a few times already, but there is a possible scenario where Buneary takes the bells form Ash as a means to try and impress Pikachu, and ends up evolving for doing so after holding them for a while.

Ash could still make good use of it. he just got a pokemon from another trainer, and i wuldn't be surprised if he gives one to chimchar in the next episode.

Chimchar is one Pokémon
Even if Ash will give it to it he'll still have one more that he won't have anything to do with

Chimchar is one Pokémon
Even if Ash will give it to it he'll still have one more that he won't have anything to do with

I realise that. I was only responding to the person saying Ash has no need for any. Just because a pokemon doesn't evolve from happiness doesn't mean it doesn't need to be happy. He could just as easily give it to Staravia to make it feel better about how it can't battle.

It can battle
The stupid fans' complaints =/= facts
Also the item makes -friendship- grow faster... I don't see any Pokémon with the group that isn't friendly with its trainer
The only use for it currently can be only to lead to Buneary's evolution and possibly to help Chimchar if it'll have problems with Ash but it doesn't look like that at all

What other Pokemon evolve using happiness in D/P? Doesn't Happiny evolve that way?

Happiny evolve by level up while holding the Oval Stone (I hope I remember the right name for that stone)
Brock made that stone for Happiny and it holds it since its first episode so I guess now the only thing it needs to do to evolve is to "level up"... but it seems like Brock doesn't want to use it for battles despite it proved it's strong
Other new ones that evolve by friendship are Chingling Budew Munchlax and Riolu

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom