• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2014

Araragi-hakase

QUEEN NICKI DOMINATE
Reaction score
The play offs just started on Wednesday!

Who do you think will win the Stanley Cup this year? What team do you want to win?

I'm a huge fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins, so of course I am rooting for them; but if not them, I'd pick the Colorado Avalanche. Not really a Bruins fan, but there's a part of me that wants to see Iginla get a Cup :')

Current series/standings:

tumblr_inline_n48spyukOA1qbvn5l.jpg

West
Avalanche vs Wild - Series tied 3-3
Blues vs Hawks - HAWKS ADVANCE - 4 -2
Ducks vs Stars - DUCK ADVANCE - 4-2
Sharks vs Kings - Series tied 3-3

East
Bruins vs Red Wings - BRUINS ADVANCE 4-1
Lightning vs Habs - HABS ADVANCE 4-0
Penguins vs Blue Jackets - PENS ADVANCE 4-2
Rangers vs Flyers - Series tied 3-3

East: Rangers vs Habs

West: Hawks vs Kings or Ducks

Last edited:
I'm a Detroit girl and love my Red Wings so I have to go with them. They did a hell of a job fighting to get to the playoffs this year. And not to start a fight but I hope the Pens go down. :D Can you tell what team I don't like? LOL!

I support the Avs and Sharks in the West, and like the Canes in the East. It was pretty cool hearing the Canes' announcers doing the Avs' playoff game nationally :-D.

I am going to the Pens vs Jackets game tonight so I am super nervous/excited!! :D I've never been to a play off game before.

Watched some of the Wings vs Bruins game yesterday, I wonder if the whole series is going to be that close. Rask and Howard were crazy amazing from what I saw of it.

Got to say, I didn't quite expect the Montreal-Tampa series to go this way.

Not that I dislike the results so far, but...

Bruins are going all the way. It was good to get the shaky loss out of the way in game one. Got them focused again and we saw the result in game two.

There's not that many teams that worry me the rest of the way. The short list.

1. Montreal. As @Evil Figment; knows very well, I don't like Montreal (the hockey team, not the city) very much. Also, they've knocked out a number of Bruins teams in the past (including perhaps the greatest hockey team ever assembled in the 70-71 Bruins). But it's not just history, the Canadiens have looked very good as of late.

2. Chicago. See last year. Thankfully, St. Louis appears to be doing our work for us.

If you're wondering why the winner of the west (if not Chicago) doesn't scare me, it is because all the Western teams are going to beat each other up to get there. The Bruins have a much easier road to the Final, especially if Pittsburgh gets knocked out early.

In my playoff forecast before things started, I said there were two teams I MIGHT see keeping the Bruins out of the Stanley Cup finals.

The first is Detroit, because despite all their losses they are a formidably resilient and high-talented team that would have likely placed a lot higher without the crippling injuries. They've demonstrated formidable perserverance this year, and that,s what you need the most against the Bruins.

The second...playoffs between Montreal and Boston are always a coin flip. Two team that hate each other so much they'll always rise to each other's level no matter how badly they play against everyone else.

Wasn't that long ago that a bottom-seed Montreal came one overtime goal short of ending your eventual Stanley Cup run right in the first round (the closest any team did)

Last edited:
Penguins in the East and Blackhawks in the West. Although I am particularity hoping Detroit crushes Boston, as I am still lamenting their victory over the Leafs from last year (Arghh that was infuriating!). Also still have hope for Montreal; they have a tendency to both do the unexpected yet also gravely disappoint. On another note, how about Datsyuk's GWG in Game 1!

Well there goes my Red Wings. *Sad face* I'll be happy with anyone winning as long as it's not Pittsburgh.

I'm supporting the MN Wild I've just decided. I have discovered the beauty that is Zach Parise. Yum!

As a Habs fan, I have to say I'm so glad about the series against Boston. Things got very scary for us after Boston played a very strong 5th game to take a 3-2 lead, but the team came back with incredible 6th and 7th games to win the series. I look forward to the series against the Rangers, because I was only 5 yo the last time NY and Montreal faced each other in the playoffs. In the west, I'm still hoping to see the Ducks make it to the Final, but I wouldn't be upset if it was Chicago either.

I'm going to go with Montreal to win the cup this year. I'm just so excited that the Penguins aren't in the playoffs anymore...lol.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom