• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• With COPPA coming into full effect, the comments section and notifications for our YouTube videos are disabled. Not to worry, though, you can keep up with the latest episodes for all our ongoing series and provide your comments in the Bulbasocial section here.

Nicknaming your new pokemon

#Shield
Reaction score
Planning on having nicknames?
What are you thinking about nicknaming the pokemon you have the most interest in so far?

Also a thread for sharing good nicknames for new pokemon for those who don't know what to nickname them yet.

Future - What did you nickname your new pokemon?

toasted pop tart pop star
Reaction score
Grookey: Male: Hiro. Female: Toph
Scorbunny: Male: Zuko. Female: Azula
Sobble: Male: Sokka. Female: Korra.
that's what i have so far

(Agent of) SHIELD
Reaction score
My favorite show is Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD. When I watched the reveal trailer and saw the titles, I knew instantly which version I had to get. It got even crazier when I saw the leak say what Sobble (my current fav) becomes, which would fit the show perfectly.

I plan on naming everyone I use after characters from the show, and possibly extend that to the larger MCU if I want. I haven’t decided on anything specific, yet.

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
I usually do a naming theme for my teams, kinda like the characters in Pokemon Adventures. I've been thinking about naming my Pokemon this time around based on this music group I like, and luckily the 4 Pokemon I've chosen for my team so far fit their names and the group's themes perfectly. But I'm going to need to get those last 2 members to see if I end up using that theme and how I'll assign the names.

Spiky Electrifying Doggo
Reaction score
Currently I don’t have many ideas for nicknames but I have a few ideas kicking around

Grookey- So far I’ve thought of naming it either K. Julien or Mort if it‘s a boy or Qu. Juliana if it‘s a girl but these are just my first ideas and I hope to come up with more.
Scorbunny- Campion after one of my favorite characters from Watership Down. Plus it’s close to champion which is fitting for it and Galar’s competitive streak.
Dreadnaw- I’m either naming it Turtleman or YIYIYEE!!! after the Call of the Wildman show (which often featured the titular character wrangling snapping turtles like Dreadnaw)
Galarian Ponyta- Amalthea after the titular character from “the Last Unicorn” or maybe Molly.
Yamper- The ideas of naming it Hot Dog, Amelia, or Sparky have been bouncing around my head but I’m hoping to come up with something else.

Not a new Pokémon but it’s a Pokémon I’ve been considering having on my team if I choose Grookey;
Ninetales- Rumika (named after James’ fiancée after watching a Fiction and Mythology Explained video on the kitsune and got obsessed with the idea of her having one)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I only name my starter, which in this case is Grookey. I decided to name him Beat

Reaction score
Can you nickname your Mew from Pokeball Plus?

Lucario best pokemon.
Reaction score
Gonna nickname my scorbunny Chungus & yamper Doggo

Starving Artist
Reaction score
Almost always name my Pokemon after famous rock musicians

Hatfield, Grohl, Osbourne, etc.

Blast Turtle
Reaction score
I've been waiting for a thread like this.

Grookey: Stick
Scorbunny: Matches (credit to another user who came up with this one; unfortunately I forgot their name), Matchstick, Ember
Sobble: Abyss, River, Rain, Dew, Dewdrop
Gossifleur/Eldegoss: Gossamer, Fluff, Cotton
Drednaw: Chomper, Jaws, Shell, Granite, Crag
Corviknight: Wither, Witherwings, Wrought Iron
Wooloo: Fluffy
Alcremie: Vanilla, Cafe, Chocolate, Charms
Yamper: Sparks, Fido
Rolycoly: Coal, Charcoal
Duraludon: Aluminum, Titanium
Weezing: Stacks, Miasma
G-Zigzagoon/G-Linoone/Obstagoon: Punk, Stripes, Brute
Morpeko: Sparks, Volt, Switch
Cramorant: Blue, Ocean
Polteageist: Ceramic, Ectoplasm
Sirfetch'd: Leak, Feathers, Paladin
G-Ponyta: Sparkle, Radiance, Luminescent, Luster, Pastel

I gotta focus. I'm shifting into pokemon mode.
Reaction score
I only thoughy about Galarian Ponyta:

Male: Charlie, Julian, UnicornWizard
Female: C-Beth, Almathia, any random 80s MLP unicorn names I can find

Other than that. Everyone else is getting random goofy nicknames.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Been thinking about this for a bit, but I don't have any set-in-stone ideas. That doesn't mean I don't have any ideas, I just need more time to think about it. However, this is what I've got so far.

Scorbunny: Heat Guts, Heatblast, Blitz, Napalm
Corviknight: StormSworder, Raynos, Knightmare, Tin Hawk
Yamper: Sparkplug, Baxter (after my family's dachshund), Thundervolt, Zap Ring, Rush
Sirfetch'd: Male: Gilthunder, Howzer, Arthur. Female: Guila, Jericho, Matrona

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
I only have a couple names decided on so far, and I still have no idea what I want to do for the starters (probably because I'm still not sure if I'm picking Grookey or Sobble). But here is what I do have:

Yamper: Scamp or Scout
Galarian Ponyta: Moon Fairy

toasted pop tart pop star
Reaction score
Gossifleur and Eldegoss: ???
Corvinkight: Buckbeak
Drednaw: Pac-man
Wooloo: Floof
Alcremie: Cool Whip
Yamper: Good Boi
Rolycoly: Miner

Weaver of Fairytales
Reaction score
I don't usually name my Pokémon, but I can't not name my strawberry-flavored Alcremie "Eton Mess" and my Yamper "PAMPER" (all caps) because I'm lowkey obsessed with Affleck leak.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ponyta: Twilight or Rarity
Sobble: 007 or James (assuming the rumors about him evolving to be spy themed are true)
Obstagoon: Gene
Corviknight: Valiant

Reaction score
Btw , I'm replaying emerald and called my zigzagoon newgene

Sobble :bestbond
Morpeko: hamtaro
Corviknight :coolerskar