• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Nicknaming your new pokemon

Grookey: Amiyumi
Scorbunny: Ruth
Sobble: Blaise
Corviknight: Morrigan
Eldegoss: Nana
Wooloo: Bo Peep
Impidimp: Pixie
Rolycoly: Elita
Alcremie: Madeleine
Morpeko: Ripley
Polteageist: Chamomile
Galarian Ponyta: Princess
Galarian Weezing: Rockefella

So far, the only nickname I am sure of is Spud for Yamper because he looks like a potato. ( I assume I will have yamper on my team even if as a temporary)

Note: If names are too long for the letters I'll just shorten the names. I can never remember the character limit.

Scorbunny: Cinder if male. Ember if female. I don't expect to get a female. Nay, my girlfriend was blessed with all the luck for female starters. To the point where she was shocked when I told her they have a 75%/25% male to female ratio.
Wooloo: Nuri if male. Mitzi if female. My girlfriend and I have anthro sheep twin characters with those names.
Gossifleur line: Mirror B Disco if male. Diva if female.
Drednaw: Probably won't use one as I don't really care for it's look or anything, but male or female I'm naming it Tock. Turtle Rock. Tock.
Corviknight: Corey if male. Palla if female.
Yamper: Sparx. He or she will be Sparx.
Impidimp: Beelze if male. Lillith if female.
Alcremie: Depends on the main body color (can't exactly tell the colors proper on serebii so I'll just call what I see). Cream: Nilla. Lighter Pink: Strawzee. Yellow: Lemlem. Dark Pink: Raspbee. Blue: Booberry. Green: Mintz. White: Frosti. Darker Cream/brown: Latte.
Rolycoly: Motorok (because it reminds me of the Moto Bugs from Sonic the Hedgehog if they were made of rock).
Duraludon: Boot. Because its head looks like a heeled gundam foot.
Morpeko: Morpika (because its just more pika clones... needless to say I dislike this thing)
Cramorant: Steve. I just. It looks like a steve to me and I need to name this blessed creature something dumb.
Polteageist: Chamomile. Its a tea. WOO TEA. Ooh. Or maybe Sweetea.
Galaran Ponyta: Candicot. Cotton Candy hors.
Galaran Weezing: Reginald. His name is Reginald and he's late for the trolly.
Zigagoon: Punky. Because look at it.
Sirfetch'd: Smugbird. Oh wait that's right I'll for certain never have one because I AM NOT PAYING FOR YOUR CRAPPY ONLINE SERVICE FOR SOMETHING YOU GAVE US FOR FREE FOR 7 GENERATIONS, NINTENDO. I'm choosing Shield. and ONLY Shield. You won't let me have this bird, so I give YOU the bird, my good sirs.

I think I got all the ones we know so far???

Grookey: Sticky Boi
Scorbunny: Hot Potato
Sobble: Little One
Gossifleur/Eldegoss:
Drednaw:
Chomper, Jaws, Shell, Granite, Crag
Corviknight: Edgar
Wooloo: Fluff
Alcremie: Gijinka
Yamper: Corgimon
Impidimp: Cuddles
Rolycoly: Rollin' Colin
Duraludon: I Hate You
Weezing: Dimmadome
G-Zigzagoon/G-Linoone/Obstagoon: Gene
Morpeko: Pikachew
Cramorant: Yeetbirb
Polteageist: Mrs. Potts
Sirfetch'd: HeWasLeeked
G-Ponyta: Pinkie Pie

So I've come up with nicknames for the three confirmed Pokemon that will be on my team:
  1. Sobble: Abyss
  2. Duraludon: Titanium
  3. Poison/Electric Dinosaur: Myotoxin

I'm naming my Impidimp Norman if I get one. See, cause, it's final evolution that was leaked reminded me of the bastard love child of the Hulk and Green Goblin.

And I'm gonna get a Galarian Corsola and name it Aerith. Cause, you know, she dies and Corsola is dead.

I don't know what I'll name my starter yet.

G.Ponyta: Elita
Alcremie: Chantilly
Haterrene: Freya or Matilda
Dubwool: Merri
Indeedee: Fauna
Frosmoth: ? Still thinking

Last edited:
my pokemon sword team nicknames:

scorbunny (F) : Hibun - from her japanese name: Hibuny

wooloo (F) : mouton - from part of her french name: Moumouton ... mouton means ' sheep '

Gossifleur (F) : youmi - from part of her Mandarin Chinese name: Yòumiánmián .... youmi means ' young ' & ' cotton '

yamper (F) : yampi

& my pokemon shield team nicknames:

grookey (F) : nori - from her japanese name: Sarunori

sobble (F) : sobble ' If i can get one as well '

Alcremie (F) : cremie

Morpeko (F): Peko

galarian ponyta (F) : gala

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom