• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Direct announces new 3DS apps: New B2W2 trailer also revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the more expensive one has more functions that haven't been shown? that may explain the price.

It better be. Otherwise I'll be sticking with Pokedex 3D (which won't get new info for some reason).
Pokemon AR Searcher sounds cool. I'm tempted to buy B2.

It's strange that the new Pokedex 3D costs money, especially since the original Pokedex 3D was entirely free and costed nothing at all, so why charge for an updated version of an app that was already free in the first place...

1500 yen for one app? That's the most expensive thing on the eShop so far! But the other app sounds cool, so I guess it's OK.

You know nothing about Japanese currency, 1500 Yen is equivalent to 18 US Dollars.

Well, at least they finally confirmed that the lily pad gym theme was for the water type gym leader (too lazy to look up his name)... Yeah... Not much. *disappointed*
Anyway, the Pokemon AR Searcher game sounds cool! But I find this interesting:

Bulbanews said:
The official Japanese Pokémon site mentions that rare Pokémon may be found through this app.
"Rare Pokemon" = Pokemon with hidden abilities? (just thought I'd throw that out there folks)

... did I see a giant robotic Tyranitar around the end of that trailer?
Apparently, there will be a new minigame in BW2 that lets you be in a movie? (something like that)
Anyway, the robotic Tyranitar is apart of that movie (sounds like a Godzilla movie :lol:).

Oh man, this game sounds like fun.
Finally I can run around catching pokemon IRL. It'd be awesome if Capture data listed real world places, that would be difficult without some sort of GPS in the 3DS though.

poke-wtf.jpg

When I saw that I started FREAKING OUT. Imagine if Pokemon utilized cutscenes in this style...!! <333

There better be a good reason why this new Pokedex 3D upgrade is so pricey. xP

Also, is it just me, or does the water gym leader bear a striking resemblance to Mako Tsunami from Yu-Gi-Oh, who just so HAPPENS to use a water based deck?

There better be a good reason why this new Pokedex 3D upgrade is so pricey. xP

Also, is it just me, or does the water gym leader bear a striking resemblance to Mako Tsunami from Yu-Gi-Oh, who just so HAPPENS to use a water based deck?

He's shirtless with tight, swimmer pants. Other than that I really don't see any similarities. They're both generic ocean-loving characters, but I highly doubt this gym leader is inspired by Mako, or any other specific character from another anime for that matter.

Um, both are dark skinned, have wild dark blue hair, and wear the same colors. They may not have the same outfit or anything, but still. And I never said I thought this guy was inspired by Mako. I just find it to be a funny coincidence that the gym leader looks like him.

I won't lie, I immediately thought of Mako Tsunami too when I saw Shizui.

i couldn't believe the first pokedex 3d was free but i knew that nintendo was just hooking people to have a guaranteed monetary drop when they upgraded it but it seems like it's gunna be worth it. Also can't wait to capture pokemon in my actual living room using 3d camera. Sheezy's gunna be off tha heeezy

I highly doubt I'll get the new Pokédex 3D application... besides playing around with the first Pokédex 3D when I first downloaded it I really haven't even touched it. It got old fast. And that was free... why should I pay $15 for pretty much the same thing with a few extra features? What they need to do is make a Stadium game for the 3DS and include the Pokédex as a bonus in that. Or make the Stadium game for the Wii but have it compatible with the 3DS through a free program... not something that you pay $15 for and it doesn't even do anything except sit there and look cool.
Also I don't like that they're removing the original Pokédex 3D from the shop. I have it so it's not a problem... but suppose all my data on my 3DS gets erased. I'd have no way to get it back?! Guess they're trying to force people to buy the new one.
As for that $3 application... sounds a bit cool, but $3?! I'd rather they raise the price of B2 / W2 by $3 and distribute the application for free... I don't want to go through the hassle of typing in a credit card number and all that crap just to purchase a $3 application. I probably will though, since the application does seem worth it.

Last edited:
@dannyjenn You could buy a 3DS gift card.

I think the Pokedex 3D Pro would be useful for AR photos with older Pokemon. That's the one reason I would buy it.

It's strange that the new Pokedex 3D costs money, especially since the original Pokedex 3D was entirely free and costed nothing at all, so why charge for an updated version of an app that was already free in the first place...

1500 yen for one app? That's the most expensive thing on the eShop so far! But the other app sounds cool, so I guess it's OK.

You know nothing about Japanese currency, 1500 Yen is equivalent to 18 US Dollars.
I know it is. About 15 euros too. But still, 15 euro/ 18 dollars is the most expensive I've seen. Unless I'm not up to date that is still the most expensive thing on the eShop. Most apps only cost up to 8 euros.

I know it is. About 15 euros too. But still, 15 euro/ 18 dollars is the most expensive I've seen. Unless I'm not up to date that is still the most expensive thing on the eShop. Most apps only cost up to 8 euros.
For reference, the most expensive thing on the UK Nintendo eShop is the DSiWare game "Shantae: Risky's Revenge" which is £10.80. After that, there's "Dillon's Rolling Western" which is £9. If we convert 1500 Yen into British Pounds, we get £11.40.

I don't care about the price, I will buy both of these if release in NA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom