• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Direct coming 7th August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't comprehend why they wouldn't show the trailer at the least.

Can't say I'm surprised in the least. Largely, pokemon releases march to their own drum as opposed to other Nintendo releases. That's why it's always best to expect nothing and be surprised if something actually comes up.

They preferred to show more freaking Pikmin 3 instead of Pokémon X&Y. I am not really disappointed, mainly because CoroCoro is leaking in a few days, but damn.

I can't comprehend why they wouldn't show the trailer at the least.

If I had to guess, it's because CoroCoro will be coming out in a few days with "the scoop of the century". So there most likely will be a lot of information in that issue. And whatever is in that issue will the be localized for the rest of the world a day or two afterwards.

So I guess they thought "why put out information for X and Y when the Pokemon fans are about to get a lot big news anyways?"

I think some of you may want to brace yourselves for disappointment hyping up this scoop so much...

Outside of the E3 Presentation and the initial Direct, Pokemon X/Y usually gets big updates via the site and official Youtube channel, so I don't think the lack of it here means anything regarding the quality of the CoroCoro coverage.

Who knows, we may see a bit of it at the tail end of the W101 Direct Friday, since that apparently will have something else besides W101 in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom