• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

nintendo direct

Rainami

beseech the stars
Reaction score

I just finished watching the nintendo direct. Here is what I have to say about it.

• polteageist is pretty cool. I mean, if the fact that I like it comes as a surprise to you, maybe you should get your brain examined. It's a ghost, and I tend to like those. How much I will end up liking it exactly is unknown, though. I suppose if your reasoning was "it's tea, and neosquid dislikes tea", I can't really blame you, because it's true. It's quite a shame that it's tea and not coffee, but this was to be expected in region based on britain. I hope it gets a hidden ability, because having weak armor as its only ability would restrict what it can do given the double-edge sword nature of that ability.
  • cramorant certainly has a derpy charm to it, but how much I care about the bird exactly remains to be seen. The fish it shoots out of its mouth might be its own pokemon too....it seems a bit too plain for me to like it, if it is, but we'll see.
  • confirmation of ditto being in the games is good. It means breeding will be as streamlined as before.
  • pokemon camp seems nice, as well as cooking. I wasn't paying super close attention during this part
  • shiny alcremie, or an alternate form of alcremie? You'd think if it was the latter, they would have addressed it already.
  • how the hell did we not learn of any new galarian forms? Bullshit.
  • I'm a xenoblade chronicles fangirl, so I'm definitely interested in xenoblade definitive edition.
  • I'm not terribly interested in it, but I do suppose there's a fair chance I'll end up getting call of cthulhu
  • some more animal crossing news. A crafting system, being able to set up furniture outside, and being able to dig up trees all sound cool. According to my friend we already knew about the first two things, but I wasn't aware of them until now, so I'll count them as being pseudo new pieces of information.
  • terry being in smash is terryble. I'm sick of all these third party characters I don't care about getting in. At least they announced they're making more dlc characters, so there's still hope for more nintendo characters. Surely at least a few of the dlc characters will be nintendo? I mean, it's not like this is a nintendo fighting game or anyfin....
  • I was always interested in tokyo mirage sessions ♯FE due to its weebness, but I never got it on wii u. I might buy it on switch eventually.
  • luigi's mansion 3 is looking better and better
overall I was kind of disappointed in the direct, but at least we got some new information that I care about. Hopefully this isn't the only pokenews we get this month.

polteageist is pretty cool. I mean, if the fact that I like it comes as a surprise to you, maybe you should get your brain examined. It's a ghost, and I tend to like those. How much I will end up liking it exactly is unknown, though. I suppose if your reasoning was "it's tea, and neosquid dislikes tea", I can't really blame you, because it's true. It's quite a shame that it's tea and not coffee, but this was to be expected in region based on britain. I hope it gets a hidden ability, because having weak armor as its only ability would restrict what it can do given the double-edge sword nature of that ability.
I've always enjoyed inanimate object Pokemon; and Polteageist is no exception.
  • cramorant certainly has a derpy charm to it, but how much I care about the bird exactly remains to be seen. The fish it shoots out of its mouth might be its own pokemon too....it seems a bit too plain for me to like it, if it is, but we'll see.
IIRC; one leak said there was a water bird that shooted Pokemon it catched; fitting the description of the cormorant. By that leak; one of it's bullets is apparently Pikachu; so at least we could potentially have the sadistic glee of getting a bird to shoot Pikachu multiple times.
shiny alcremie, or an alternate form of alcremie? You'd think if it was the latter, they would have addressed it already.
Given there's cookies on its head instead of strawberries... seems to be the latter.
  • how the hell did we not learn of any new galarian forms? Bullshit.
Samesies.... Still no Galarian Pokemon info..... oi....
  • luigi's mansion 3 is looking better and better

Hell yeah.

IIRC; one leak said there was a water bird that shooted Pokemon it catched; fitting the description of the cormorant. By that leak; one of it's bullets is apparently Pikachu; so at least we could potentially have the sadistic glee of getting a bird to shoot Pikachu multiple times.
indeed, it's true. That's certainly a good point, but one could also argue that it means we have to look at pikachu's hideous face more than we would have otherwise. Hopefully it at least looks like it's in pain.
Given there's cookies on its head instead of strawberries... seems to be the latter.
that's what I was thinking. Very odd that that piece of information wasn't revealed at the same time as alcremie itself. Although, what if it means that some shiny pokemon will now differ from their vanilla forms in more than just color? That seems unlikely, but it sure would be cool.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom