• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Nintendo Directs Thread

Ryoma Maser

XENOBLADE 3 TIME!!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him/they.

Well, not what everyone probably wants. I'm happy since I really enjoy XenoBlade, I just hope they go through the gameplay more and not show story spoilers, they've shown a lot from Twitter alone including some extra characters. Well, let's see what this becomes.

Still room for another Direct next week.

Poke Dragon

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
Even though I don't play Xenoblade, I'm fine with not having a general direct for now. At least a Pokemon Presents isn't too far off.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
We might actually have a major Direct next week. Someone on the gaming rumors and leaks subreddit pointed out a post on 4chan that said a Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct would be announced 3 hours before it was actually announced, and they also mentioned it would be 20 minutes. They also said that there is major Direct next week. The post was accurate, so we might actually have a big Direct next week.

Ryoma Maser

XENOBLADE 3 TIME!!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him/they.
As I said on the Discord, the internet will explode.

But in hindsight, this makes more sense than you realize since we've got pretty much every big first party game covered this year and Splatoon 3 and Pokémon will most likely have their own directs at some point before release anyways.

I'll say September for the next full scale Nintendo Direct but who knows.

Poke Dragon

Reaction score
I will also pass on this one, third party isn't my thing for a few exceptions.

Ryoma Maser

XENOBLADE 3 TIME!!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him/they.
I'm expecting Bayonetta 3 and Mario + Rabbids 2 but that's about it as far I can expect.

I'm still hoping for Persona Ports.

CuboneKing

Your Favorite Burnout
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah that’s some really disappointing news. I hope we get a real direct sometime soon. Give me some Zelda info and the announcement of a new 3D Mario, no matter how far off it is, and I’ll be satisfied.

Ryoma Maser

XENOBLADE 3 TIME!!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him/they.
Persona 3P, 4G and 5 Royal are coming to Switch finally and Nier Automata is getting ported. Holy hell.

I was hoping for Bayonetta 3 but good compromise.

wanderist

Someone. Maybe.
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I actually kinda enjoyed that Direct. Nothing mindblowing, but there were a few games I might keep an eye on and look into. Trying to expand my horizons and all. I probably won't get it, but Blanc looks precious and wholesome. Harvestella looks kinda interesting, so I'll at least keep an eye on it. Farming and action aren't usually my thing, but again, I'm expanding and all. It looks kinda fun.

The Dragon Quest game looked cool too. Still need to try one of the main games.

Sonic Frontiers doesn't look like my cup of tea, but it also doesn't look bad to me.

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
Pretty much only the Megaman stuff and the new Sonic footage was of any interest to me.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Yeah, seeing stuff like Persona 3, 4, and 5 come to the Switch and NOT be cloud based it cool. We got Sonic Frontiers footage and Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope. That's cool. I'm seriously concerned though. What about first party? Why are they holding out on us? They could easily put together a full Direct and I'm sure there's 1 more major game for this year and we still don't know much about 2023. They could have even had the Persona announcement in one. Just what is going on with first party games? I'm genuinely concerned because they're slipping back into their 2020 reveal methods. Exclusively revealing content through Twitter updates randomly while not having a major Direct with new first party reveals.

Last edited:

Ryoma Maser

XENOBLADE 3 TIME!!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him/they.
Yeah, seeing stuff like Persona 3, 4, and 5 come to the Switch and NOT be cloud based it cool.
Persona 3 & 4 are PS2/PS3/PS Vita games they could run on Switch. Persona 5 is a straight up Playstation 3 game with a slightly better engine, it can run on Switch. The thing we should be more shocked that Nier isn't cloud based, but considering Platinum could make Astral Chain work on Switch really well.
EDIT: Case and point for Persona-

We got Sonic Frontiers footage and Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope. That's cool. I'm seriously concerned though. What about first party? Why are they holding out on us? They could easily put together a full Direct and I'm sure there's 1 more major game for this year and we still don't know much about 2023.
Splatoon will most likely be its own direct in July/August. Pokémon does things on their own. Bayonetta 3 is the last major game (excluding Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp since that's on indefinite delay due to the Ukraine/Russia conflict) which is also third-party despite being Nintendo exclusive that doesn't have a release date that didn't appear in this direct for some reason, so it could also be getting its own direct. 2023 will probably be handled in a September/October Direct.
They could have even had the Persona announcement in one. Just what is going on with first party games? I'm genuinely concerned because they're slipping back into their 2020 reveal methods. Exclusively revealing content through Twitter updates randomly while not having a major Direct with new first party reveals.
Well, first party wise; we've had a very jam-packed year already. Pokémon Legends, Three Hopes, Mario Strikers, Kirby & the Forgotton Land and then we still got XenoBlade 3, Splatoon 3, Mario + Rabbids and Pokémon SV coming in the last quarter. While yes, first-party reveals would be nice especially about Breath of the Wild 2 we've already had a lot this year and a lot more coming. We can have a break on first-party reveals and releases, plus Nintendo is on the road this Summer, who knows what they'll do there at the demo booths.

I still think Bayonetta 3 should've been in this Direct, it's coming out this year and we still know nothing since the new trailer in Sep.2021 and it's almost third quarter; we don't have a definitive plot, release date and other relevant information, what is Platinum doing besides porting Nier Automata? And judging by the release schedule in September through December, Bayonetta 3 might not have the room to release in 2022.

Last edited:

Poke Dragon

Reaction score
And yet another useless Nintendo Direct was prioritized over the more anticipated ones.