• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Nintendo Directs Thread

Aulos

Winds <3
Reaction score
Yeah, there just wasn't much in this Direct for me. I'd like to try the new Dragon Quest, but waiting until fall for the game on the Switch when I can probably get it for half off on the PS4 in a sale months before makes that wait too much.

I don't care about pretty much anything else from the Direct. Animal Crossing being absent was really disappointing (now we'll probably have to wait until E3 to actually see it at all. sigh). I get that this Direct had content, it just had nothing for me. It's a shame since this year will supposedly have both Pokemon and Animal Crossing.

PikachuColoredPichu

Ladies of Light and Dark~
Reaction score
Speaking of Tetris 99...what's the point of the level system? Do we unlock anything?

BigBadButterfree

the Destroyer
Reaction score
Quite selfishly the only things I would've cared about in this direct were Animal Crossing and Pikmin 4, neither of which made an appearance.

That new Zelda looks adorable and I love the bit of music we got to hear in the trailer. Too bad it's a remake though... I've not been keen on remakes lately....

Aulos

Winds <3
Reaction score
That new Zelda looks adorable and I love the bit of music we got to hear in the trailer. Too bad it's a remake though... I've not been keen on remakes lately....
If the OST turns out to be that woodwind heavy I might have to check it out. =P But yeah, the game actually has a beautiful artstyle, but I just can't get myself excited over a 2D Zelda. ALBW did nothing for me.

Captain Hawlucha

Reaction score
I must have missed that announcement.

I heard that Pikmin 4 was almost finished and that was years ago.

BigBadButterfree

the Destroyer
Reaction score
I must have missed that announcement.

I heard that Pikmin 4 was almost finished and that was years ago.
Eeehhh... I'd have to do some digging (which I'm too lazy for at the moment) but I feel like there was an interview or something where they were asked if HP was Pikmin 4 and the answer was no. If I find it later I'll come back with the source.

Stratelier

Reaction score
So about Super Mario Maker 2, one of the finer details in the two vertical sections in the trailer is the lack of any horizontal camera tracking. So either it's a one-screen-wide sub-area off the main level, or it's indeed a section oriented vertically. Hopeful for vertical sections (even if restricted to the sub-area(s)), but we will have to see more footage to confirm what.

PikachuColoredPichu

Ladies of Light and Dark~
Reaction score
Of all those games showcased in the Nindies Direct...I just want Cuphead for Switch, as I’d previously feared would never happen.

colours

etch dreams into life
Reaction score
What immediately hooked me was the Zelda Crypt of the Necrodancer game. o_o Like, most of the other indies shown were ok, but I'm not a huge fan of platformers and some others shown didn't catch my attention much, but this one was a must have.