• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Directs Thread

It was nice that when it came time to mention Smash Bros., they just revealed the release date (and 4th character) and left everything else to a separate presentation (albeit streamed back-to-back) from the Direct proper.

Sans as a Mii costume is hilarious and awesome. As is Toby Fox being the main composer for Game Freak's Little Town Hero game -- looking at Undertale, you can immediately TELL in what order Toby's strengths are, and music tops the list.

As for Xenoblade Chronicles ... I never played the original, am 100% certain I purchased the 3DS version (but never played it, nor can I even find it) so I am actually interested for it.

Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast getting a Switch port was the biggest pleasant surprise for me. Kind of a shame that, as far as I know, it's the only game in the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series to get this treatment, but then it was also the only game in the series to ever be ported to a Nintendo console in the past (the GameCube), so that must be the reason. Unless maybe Jedi Academy is packaged with it, then that would be even better. I do still wonder if this is a digital-release only or if it will also get a physical release, too.

Edit: It seems Jedi Academy has been confirmed for re-release, after all! It just won't be released until early next year, and also for the PS4. I also want to mention that Doom 64 getting Switch port is fitting idea.

Last edited:
I like how no one has even bothered posting about yesterday's Nintendo Mini Direct.

It gave me absolutely nothing to look forward to from Nintendo for the entire rest of the year, except for patches for Animal Crossing bringing back missing NPCs.

I'm genuinely frustrated that we haven't had a major Direct yet. That mini Direct was very underwhelming and just tells me this is gonna be a very underwhelming year for Nintendo with 90% of the lineup just being remakes and ports. Even before coronavirus happened I was worried because we knew nothing about 2020's lineup, and we haven't seen much signs that its really hurting game development since you have people like Sakurai working remotely.

Edit: June 30th. STILL no major Nintendo Direct? What are they even doing this year? They've recently stated they see no major delays, yet they STILL haven't had a Direct? I really don't like how they've kept us in the dark of what's coming out this year.

Last edited:
There are two credible leakers saying that a Nintendo Direct will happen on July 20th. However, we just have to wait and see whether that's true or not.

Hopefully, if it's true, it's not just another Nintendo Direct Mini. I also hope Nintendo has more up their sleeves than the rumored remasters.

Honestly, I've gotten tired of Wii U ports and I feel like this year has been 90% ports and remasters. I'd highly prefer to see Pikmin 4 at last rather than another Wii U port. Also, while I'd be happy to play a remaster of Super Mario Sunshine, I really just wanna see some NEW 1st party titles. Hoping we do get this Direct.

While I wasn't really into the Mario & Luigi series, I'm still concerned about Alpha Dream's bankruptcy and how that affects the series and would like to hear some news.

To be fair, Nintendo Directs were always announced two days before they start.

A Direct on a Monday would be rather odd. If this is to just randomly drop without any announcement beforehand, it's likely to be another dreaded Mini Direct.

Back
Top Bottom