• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Directs Thread

Here's what I expect:

~An absurd amount of time spent revealing and talking about the new Smash character, stage, and costumes.
~Zelda Twilight Princess HD and Wind Waker HD are separate releases each for $60 (this is Nintendo, they are not "generous" enough to bundle them)
~The old Master Collection is released as the anniversary "bundle", much like Nintendo rereleased Super Mario All-Stars for the 25th Mario anniversary.
~NSO expands to the N64 (god, I hope)
~Mario Golf (RIP Golden Sun :cry:)
~Some random Wii U port also for $60
~No real new game announcements of any significance.

I hope I'm wrong on this. I really do (aside from NSO expanding to N64).

FINALLY! Its been 3000 years! We finally get a full blown Nintendo Direct! Not a mini or partner showcase!

I'm hoping for some big surprises. The next DLC fighter is confirmed for Smash, and chances are we'll get something big for Zelda. I'm hoping for just something to get us hyped again. Just hoping for some new stuff after a year of ton of ports and remasters.

Last edited:
I hope they don't spend too long on the Smash Ultimate reveal since we are still far from half of the year. So, here's my wishlist:

-A new Splatoon spin-off featuring the Octarians as the protagonists.

-New info on games that are long overdue for a proper trailer, and yes, I mean Breath of the Wild 2, Bayonetta 3, and Metroid Prime 4.

-New costumes for Smash characters other than Miis.

-Announcement of all Pokemon spin-offs they have planned and the Pokemon Direct.

Can I get a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 and some Danganronpa ports please ;______;

But seriously, I am genuinely excited for this. I can't think of anything in particular that I really want (other than the above, lol) so I'm just looking forward to seeing whatever's in store.

Can I get a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 and some Danganronpa ports please ;______;
There was new Three Houses higher res footage with the three lords in their unique final classes during the second three way battle in a recent discussion with some of the staff and voice actors. And considering how large the cast and the game is, they could do a Age of Calamity style Warriors game for Three Houses, though considering Age of Calamity just released in November and Persona 5 Strikers also finally got localized, it might be a bit too soon for that in my opinion but possibly.

There was new Three Houses higher res footage with the three lords in their unique final classes during the second three way battle in a recent discussion with some of the staff and voice actors. And considering how large the cast and the game is, they could do a Age of Calamity style Warriors game for Three Houses, though considering Age of Calamity just released in November and Persona 5 Strikers also finally got localized, it might be a bit too soon for that in my opinion but possibly.

OMG yes please, I will absolutely eat this up if it actually happens. I haven't been able to get Three Houses out of my head for the past year and a half and this would literally be a dream come true <3 Not getting my hopes up, obviously, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised?

OMG yes please, I will absolutely eat this up if it actually happens. I haven't been able to get Three Houses out of my head for the past year and a half and this would literally be a dream come true <3 Not getting my hopes up, obviously, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised?
Is it weird I read this in Amity's voice because of the profile picture?

Granted I loved Hyrule Warriors both the original and Age of Calamity and I did enjoy what I played of Fire Emblem Warriors, I wouldn't mind something like this myself. Could give me a excuse to finally play the other routes of Three Houses before it releases. Though I'm still really hoping for XenoBlade Warriors, but like I said it might be too soon to even announce it, I'll give till E3 time in my opinion.

Reminder that this exists

View: https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1212176864338481155

Back at the end of 2019, the official Splatoon twitter tweeted this image, though if you look very closely, there is a hidden message. It reads "SOS. Save Our Salmons." It makes me wonder if they intended to have some new reveal for Splatoon, though it got delayed due to the pandemic. It makes me wonder if we could get Splatoon 3 or some spinoff focused on the Octolings revealed today.

Reminder that this exists

View: https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1212176864338481155

Back at the end of 2019, the official Splatoon twitter tweeted this image, though if you look very closely, there is a hidden message. It reads "SOS. Save Our Salmons." It makes me wonder if they intended to have some new reveal for Splatoon, though it got delayed due to the pandemic. It makes me wonder if we could get Splatoon 3 or some spinoff focused on the Octolings revealed today.

The creator did say that Octolings are going to be the stars for at least the next Splatoon game, so that's why I want the spin-off to be about the rest of the Octarians being the protagonists since Splatoon doesn't have the concept of "good vs evil" (unless you count Commander Tartar's goal to exterminate both Inklings and Octarians, I say that qualifies as really evil). Heck, it would be nice to have some dialogue for the tentacle monsters for once since it was confirmed that they can talk. I have a lot of ideas on how they can make a story like that work. But at the same time, I don't want to clog up the general video-games section when Splatoon-focused forums exist, but I post in one of them under another name.

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure that we wont get any pokemon news in this direct, since the direct is about available games and games coming in the first half of 2021, and pokemon games usually come out on November, and we are also going to news during the anniversary week.

Well, I remain without games of interest until BOTW2. I suppose it's not rare for the first half of a year to be weak for Nintendo, but geez. Not even N64 games for NSO? =/

Back
Top Bottom