• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Directs Thread

Ooh, a Direct that didn't disappoint me! Cool! New Kirby game! Triangle Strategy's release date! I might check out Actraiser, as it looks kinda cool. Definitely interested in that one called Voice of Cards.

3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY3DKIRBY

3D Kirby! So, I haven't really found a Kirby all of that amusing aside from Kirby 64, which I adored. The Kirby 2D platformers have grown increasingly more stale since, and trust me, when a Kirby game leaked earlier this morning I was like "ugh", but then they showed it and it is a FULL 3D platformer! =D That is super exciting.

Between that and Pokemon Legends Arceus, Nintendo is looking to have a fantastic start to next year!

The Nintendo Switch Online Expansion ticked me off, though. I've always felt that NSO is a rip-off. Then four and a half years after the release of the Switch they finally add N64 games. Super late. And then what do they do? Make them a higher tier subscription, so you have to pay more.

Paper Mario and Kirby 64 are my favorite N64 games that I haven't had on recent systems, so since they're in the "later" category I won't even think of that higher tier for quite some time.

Triangle Strategy, Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars, and the Sunbreak expansion for Monster Hunter Rise are absolute hype for me.

Also pretty excited for the Castlevania Advance Collection releasing today, the GBA Castlevania games are my absolute favorites so this gives me a chance to replay them again this weekend.

ActRaiser Renaissance interests me, might also get it this weekend as well. My cousin has played the original SNES game before, so I'll have to text him tomorrow to see if he's gonna get this one.

Meh, Direct was okay, but not very hype. 3D Kirby is nice, but the level design looks so plain and linear. N64 games are great, and SEGA Genesis was a nice surprise, but how much is the higher tier? Also Splatoon 3 looks like same old Splatoon, with the 5 year gap I was hoping for a bigger leap and more changes, but it's mainly the same game as always. There's definitely been worse Directs, but I was left underwhelmed by this one. Maybe if Kirby hadn't been spoiled beforehand I'd have a better opinion, but as is... I just feel so blah about this one.

I feel like many of the characters in Mario would make for good ideas in Pokemon. Take this tree for example, screenshot from video, which is not a complex design since no viewable branches, would make for a nice pokemon.

Attachments

• MarioTree.png
    MarioTree.png
    682.6 KB · Views: 35
i imagine those looking to recreate the Original Experience (so to speak) will be looking to pick up N64 controllers, even if they're in the bottom tier of ergonomic controllers. nostalgia is a powerful thing, and reliving the pain of N64 controller design is part of that experience, i suppose.

Back
Top Bottom