• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Directs Thread

it was ok, i think. i don't think any particular title got me excited except maybe for kirby's forgotten land, but i'm not much of a kirby gamer so idk if i'll even get it lol. it does look fun, though!

mixed feelings on fire emblem warriors. i think the warriors subgenre of games in general appeal to people who like mindless mob killing and i'm unsure if that's me. i've been waaaaaayyy late to the party on this, since i've been meaning to get hyrule warriors as my first "warriors" game to try it out, but i dunno. usually when i see a particular game i kind of know if it's for me or not (it's hard to word it any other way), but every time i've seen a warriors game i've mostly been "meh" to "looks cool" towards them mostly because they tend to show the best parts which is the special abilities and moves that kill like a thousand mobs at once lol.

other than that, not much appealed to me. i haven't gotten into xenoblade yet (i.... probably should at some point), so it's hard for me to get super excited over XB3 like some others. gotta admit it does look neat!

mixed feelings on fire emblem warriors. i think the warriors subgenre of games in general appeal to people who like mindless mob killing and i'm unsure if that's me. i've been waaaaaayyy late to the party on this, since i've been meaning to get hyrule warriors as my first "warriors" game to try it out, but i dunno. usually when i see a particular game i kind of know if it's for me or not (it's hard to word it any other way), but every time i've seen a warriors game i've mostly been "meh" to "looks cool" towards them mostly because they tend to show the best parts which is the special abilities and moves that kill like a thousand mobs at once lol.
Completely agree, and this was the biggest disappointment of the Direct for me. I had seen a lot of rumors for a new Fire Emblem game in the Three Houses engine, and I actually had 2 new FE's in my predictions, so it was kind of a letdown (the only one, really). I don't really mind the Warriors games too much; they're fun to play as a timewaster, and I liked the twist that Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and Persona 5 Strikers bring to the series as "canon" spinoff storylines, while incorporating elements of their base game counterparts into it. So you'd think I wouldn't mind this game too much...but to be honest, the novelty of the aforemnentioned twist has worn off on me after Age of Calamity. I don't really think that anyone asked for this game and it is mostly there to appeal to hardcore Three Houses fans and perhaps fans of FE Heroes that like big crossovers and the like. Would have much rather preferred a Geneology or Tellius remake.

Idk much about Switch hardware, but I'm kind of worried about how something like No Man's Sky will run. :unsure:

Looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and the new Kirby game! I'm still kind of salty they never ported XCX to the Switch though, but ehhh, a new adventure is also great!

Live A Live was also a pleasant surprise, I hope this means there's a chance for some older JRPGs to get translated and released outside Japan. But at least now I can use up a bit of the eshop cash I've had laying around for the past few months...

Live A Live was also a pleasant surprise, I hope this means there's a chance for some older JRPGs to get translated and released outside Japan. But at least now I can use up a bit of the eshop cash I've had laying around for the past few months...
I think both Moon: Remix RPG Adventure and Garage: Bad Dream Adventure opened the gates for other obscure Japanese games to get released worldwide.

Completely agree, and this was the biggest disappointment of the Direct for me. I had seen a lot of rumors for a new Fire Emblem game in the Three Houses engine, and I actually had 2 new FE's in my predictions, so it was kind of a letdown (the only one, really). I don't really mind the Warriors games too much; they're fun to play as a timewaster, and I liked the twist that Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and Persona 5 Strikers bring to the series as "canon" spinoff storylines, while incorporating elements of their base game counterparts into it. So you'd think I wouldn't mind this game too much...but to be honest, the novelty of the aforemnentioned twist has worn off on me after Age of Calamity. I don't really think that anyone asked for this game and it is mostly there to appeal to hardcore Three Houses fans and perhaps fans of FE Heroes that like big crossovers and the like. Would have much rather preferred a Geneology or Tellius remake.
A remake of GotHW and Thracia were definitely one of my hopes coming in as well, Tellius remakes would be fine too (though I'd say those can wait a bit longer), but even I'll admit I was kinda bummed with Three Hopes. I don't mind another FE Warriors game, as I just love Warriors games in general, and I'll still get this, but just coming out of Three Houses just to get another one about the same cast might cause a slight burn out for me; that and I'm just worried this story might ruin 3H's own story, I hope it's not some "Golden Route" where everyone lives (seeing Jeralt alive(?) worries me that might be the case). Well, as long as it's just a spin-off and hopefully non-canon I'll probably tolerate the story, still wished this Warriors game was a crossover with the 4, 5, and 9/10 cast though.

I hope this means there's a chance for some older JRPGs to get translated and released outside Japan.
I mean, you could have just specified Mother 3. ;)

Personally I'm hoping for a Xenogears remake/remaster next. I know that was released in the West, but it'd be nice to see that game get modernized a bit. Or something like Lufia II.

A remake of GotHW and Thracia were definitely one of my hopes coming in as well, Tellius remakes would be fine too (though I'd say those can wait a bit longer), but even I'll admit I was kinda bummed with Three Hopes. I don't mind another FE Warriors game, as I just love Warriors games in general, and I'll still get this, but just coming out of Three Houses just to get another one about the same cast might cause a slight burn out for me; that and I'm just worried this story might ruin 3H's own story, I hope it's not some "Golden Route" where everyone lives (seeing Jeralt alive(?) worries me that might be the case). Well, as long as it's just a spin-off and hopefully non-canon I'll probably tolerate the story, still wished this Warriors game was a crossover with the 4, 5, and 9/10 cast though.
Oh definitely, I'd prefer they remake the last few Japanese-only games before they do Tellius. I just think that Tellius would sell more copies because of the name recognition around Ike.

I think that's what a lot of people are guessing that it's going to be. If it's anything like Age of Calamity, then I don't think that the story in Three Hopes will ruin the story of the original. But I guess I'll reserve judgement.

Well, not what everyone probably wants. I'm happy since I really enjoy XenoBlade, I just hope they go through the gameplay more and not show story spoilers, they've shown a lot from Twitter alone including some extra characters. Well, let's see what this becomes.

Still room for another Direct next week.

Even though I don't play Xenoblade, I'm fine with not having a general direct for now. At least a Pokemon Presents isn't too far off.

We might actually have a major Direct next week. Someone on the gaming rumors and leaks subreddit pointed out a post on 4chan that said a Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct would be announced 3 hours before it was actually announced, and they also mentioned it would be 20 minutes. They also said that there is major Direct next week. The post was accurate, so we might actually have a big Direct next week.

As I said on the Discord, the internet will explode.

But in hindsight, this makes more sense than you realize since we've got pretty much every big first party game covered this year and Splatoon 3 and Pokémon will most likely have their own directs at some point before release anyways.

I'll say September for the next full scale Nintendo Direct but who knows.

I will also pass on this one, third party isn't my thing for a few exceptions.

Yeah that’s some really disappointing news. I hope we get a real direct sometime soon. Give me some Zelda info and the announcement of a new 3D Mario, no matter how far off it is, and I’ll be satisfied.

I actually kinda enjoyed that Direct. Nothing mindblowing, but there were a few games I might keep an eye on and look into. Trying to expand my horizons and all. I probably won't get it, but Blanc looks precious and wholesome. Harvestella looks kinda interesting, so I'll at least keep an eye on it. Farming and action aren't usually my thing, but again, I'm expanding and all. It looks kinda fun.

The Dragon Quest game looked cool too. Still need to try one of the main games.

Sonic Frontiers doesn't look like my cup of tea, but it also doesn't look bad to me.

Back
Top Bottom