• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Directs Thread

Yeah, seeing stuff like Persona 3, 4, and 5 come to the Switch and NOT be cloud based it cool. We got Sonic Frontiers footage and Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope. That's cool. I'm seriously concerned though. What about first party? Why are they holding out on us? They could easily put together a full Direct and I'm sure there's 1 more major game for this year and we still don't know much about 2023. They could have even had the Persona announcement in one. Just what is going on with first party games? I'm genuinely concerned because they're slipping back into their 2020 reveal methods. Exclusively revealing content through Twitter updates randomly while not having a major Direct with new first party reveals.

Last edited:
Yeah, seeing stuff like Persona 3, 4, and 5 come to the Switch and NOT be cloud based it cool.
Persona 3 & 4 are PS2/PS3/PS Vita games they could run on Switch. Persona 5 is a straight up Playstation 3 game with a slightly better engine, it can run on Switch. The thing we should be more shocked that Nier isn't cloud based, but considering Platinum could make Astral Chain work on Switch really well.
EDIT: Case and point for Persona-

We got Sonic Frontiers footage and Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope. That's cool. I'm seriously concerned though. What about first party? Why are they holding out on us? They could easily put together a full Direct and I'm sure there's 1 more major game for this year and we still don't know much about 2023.
Splatoon will most likely be its own direct in July/August. Pokémon does things on their own. Bayonetta 3 is the last major game (excluding Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp since that's on indefinite delay due to the Ukraine/Russia conflict) which is also third-party despite being Nintendo exclusive that doesn't have a release date that didn't appear in this direct for some reason, so it could also be getting its own direct. 2023 will probably be handled in a September/October Direct.
They could have even had the Persona announcement in one. Just what is going on with first party games? I'm genuinely concerned because they're slipping back into their 2020 reveal methods. Exclusively revealing content through Twitter updates randomly while not having a major Direct with new first party reveals.
Well, first party wise; we've had a very jam-packed year already. Pokémon Legends, Three Hopes, Mario Strikers, Kirby & the Forgotton Land and then we still got XenoBlade 3, Splatoon 3, Mario + Rabbids and Pokémon SV coming in the last quarter. While yes, first-party reveals would be nice especially about Breath of the Wild 2 we've already had a lot this year and a lot more coming. We can have a break on first-party reveals and releases, plus Nintendo is on the road this Summer, who knows what they'll do there at the demo booths.

I still think Bayonetta 3 should've been in this Direct, it's coming out this year and we still know nothing since the new trailer in Sep.2021 and it's almost third quarter; we don't have a definitive plot, release date and other relevant information, what is Platinum doing besides porting Nier Automata? And judging by the release schedule in September through December, Bayonetta 3 might not have the room to release in 2022.

Last edited:
And yet another useless Nintendo Direct was prioritized over the more anticipated ones.

Welp, this week starts September. As we know, Nintendo usually has a major Nintendo Direct around this time. We still know nothing about 2023's lineup, so let's hope they actually have one...I still think there was no reason for them to not have one in June. It concerns me when they go back to Twitter drops.

From what I understand, there are rumors from relatively credible insiders that there is definitely one coming this month.

Personally, I don't think the lack of a June direct was a problem, given that Nintendo pretty much had most of their 2022 all planned out as of earlier this year. We've gotten an exclusive every single month this year. Now, however, releases are starting to wind down and Holiday 2022 needs some padding alongside Splatoon, Bayonetta, and Pokemon, in addition to the beginning of next year until BotW2 releases likely in March 2023.

Torn between wanting new Fire Emblem and not wanting new Fire Emblem because I'm not ready for Three Houses to not be the Current Thing anymore. I may or may not still be unhealthily obsessed...I'd be cool with a remake, though. Never played most of the games pre-Awakening and I'd like to have the opportunity to do so with upgraded graphics/music/voice acting/what have you.

As far as ports go...give me Super Paper Mario and Yoshi's Woolly World, please. I'd say Tomodachi Life too but I'd prefer a new Tomodachi Life over a port.

^ I would be all over a Super Paper Mario port. That game would look amazing in HD!

I'd definitely much prefer a brand-new Tomodachi Life 2 (3?) — but honestly, if they just gave it an enhanced port the same way they did for Miitopia, I'd be okay with that too. What they did for Miitopia on Switch was fantastic, after all.

Also going to throw out a gentle suggestion for a new Nintendogs, Style Savvy, or Harvest Moon remake (à la SoSFoMT) here, but... not holding my breath or anything.

I don't even know what I want anymore. The Switch has almost every franchise of its own I love covered now. And as for the ones it doesn't, like Golden Sun, it's hopeless.

I look forward to more BOTW2 info, which I feel is pretty much guaranteed. So that's nice.

I'd like Nintendo to just surprise me and come out with something I don't presently know I want. lol. But that's a HIGH expectation. Nintendo pretty much never meets my normal expectations, to be honest.

I would love to see a new Ace Attorney and an Okami sequel. However, given the multi-platform nature of those titles, I'd think that Capcom would reveal those on their own at this point. Who knows, though?

Either way, I have quite a backlog of Switch games at this point, so I should really not go after Nintendo tomorrow if it's a mediocre Direct. (I still will) :LOL:

I don't even know what I want anymore. The Switch has almost every franchise of its own I love covered now. And as for the ones it doesn't, like Golden Sun, it's hopeless.
Maybe not Nintendo specific, but considering the things we got in the past three years, like a SaGa Frontier remake with partially restored dummied out content, the international release of Moon, and a legal means to play Garage: Bad Dream Adventure (a 90's horror game that used to be lost media until 2014), I don't know what is "hopeless" anymore.

Maybe you'll get your wish since we're in a pretty weird territory.

I'm hoping we might get a date for that mysterious remake of Front Mission that was supposed to release this Summer then vanished.

For new announcements, I admit I mostly drifted away from Fire Emblem but I'd be very interested in a remake of Genealogy of Holy War that fixed the issues with being insanely slow (as long as it didn't remove what made the game unique--I've seen a lot of people who want a remake to chop up the maps into a larger number of standard FE ones and other ideas that would kill my interest in it).

Maybe not Nintendo specific, but considering the things we got in the past three years, like a SaGa Frontier remake with partially restored dummied out content, the international release of Moon, and a legal means to play Garage: Bad Dream Adventure (a 90's horror game that used to be lost media until 2014), I don't know what is "hopeless" anymore.

Maybe you'll get your wish since we're in a pretty weird territory.
My hopeless dream is we'll get a new Ogre Battle game at some point and continue the story that never got resolved (fun fact: I'm fairly sure the two most recent Ogre Battle games are both remakes of the second game in the series!) but I've seen it suggested the existence of Ogre Battle 64 might make that impossible for complex reasons.

Also Mother 3 but at this point I sort of suspect Nintendo just wants that buried.

I think it's still kinda early for Smash 6, though, unless I missed an announcement for a Switch successor (which is actually likely since I lost the medium by which I got those news).

Pokémon Stadium without transferring is coming to the Switch's online service.
I have trouble thinking of a less exciting game announcement.

But hey, Goldeneye! I wouldn't mind playing that again.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! This Direct made me so happy!!! Octopath 2! Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life remake! Tales of Symphonia port! Rune Factory 3 port! New RF game in development! Harvestella demo and release date! Kirby's Return to Dreamland Port! Damn, I'm absolutely spoiled but I'm super happy!! I know the ToS port is a day one purchase for sure!

Thought that was a fun direct overall. New Fire Emblem game when I still haven't managed to try Three Houses or the other one lol. Definitely gonna have to do that. It looks pretty though. Also I'm not even a Pikmin fan but I could practically hear the screams on Twitter when that announcement happened.

All those farming sim games actually look pretty fun, might have to keep an eye on them. I've never been into those games much, but I've also never really tried them. They honestly look fun though. Harvestella still looks interesting to me, so happy to hear there's a demo coming today. I know what I'll be doing later.

Not into BOTW, but nice to see it finally get a trailer and a proper name. I really did try with BOTW but it was just too overwhelming for me at the time. Maybe now that I'm a little better at video games... I'll think about trying it again after Scarlet/Violet maybe. We'll see. New game looks cool though.

Back
Top Bottom