• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Gigaleak discussion thread.

Reaction score
Yesterday, a massive Nintendo leak happened. It apparently includes source code, tools, and other things among the data, mostly from the SNES and 64 eras. For example:

-Yet another group of beta DP sprites, including an unused legendary known as "Kimairan" (it got replaced by Giratina).
-A human pilot for Star Fox 2, plus the SpaceWorld demo of the game.
-An Ocarina of Time proto.
-A functional (?) Luigi model for Super Mario 64.
-A Super Mario World proto known as "Super Donkey" that features someone that may or may not be Stanley from Donkey Kong 3.

I don't have all the info on it, so if you have more, please share it here.

Discussion is allowed, but sharing in any way is not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I'm unsure about some of these, especially Luigi from Mario 64. There's people who've been working on datamining the game for years and this source code comes randomly out nowhere confirming this long standing rumor. I mean a lot of these games are very easily moddable/hackable so this while seemingly very likely to be true, can also be very likely to not be true.

But hey, I can always be wrong myself.

Honestly I'm unsure about some of these, especially Luigi from Mario 64. There's people who've been working on datamining the game for years and this source code comes randomly out nowhere confirming this long standing rumor. I mean a lot of these games are very easily moddable/hackable so this while seemingly very likely to be true, can also be very likely to not be true.

But hey, I can always be wrong myself.
Well, someone that worked on Star Fox 2 confirmed that the tools he used were included in the leak, and he also commented on the human pilot, so I guess this is real.

You know, I think this also verifies a post I saw at Glitch City Laboratories, where they mentioned that the Spaceworld leakers also received the actual tools to make the Pokémon games. Wouldn't be surprised since everything indicates it came from the same Nintendo hack and it might have been the same hacker.

Although I wonder why they picked to reveal things from Pokémon first before going all out...

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom