• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Indie World Showcase (19 Aug 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nil

Reaction score
Did anyone watch it? What did you think?

(minor presentation spoilers follow, of course, but I'll hide the big reveal still)

I'm really looking forward to finally getting around to playing Ori and the Blind Forest, it's really cool to see Nintendo and Microsoft continue to work together on stuff like this

The Touryst, Earthnight, and Eastward really caught my attention too. I was a little thrown off by Shin'en seemingly doing a simple block-graphics game, and then they showed off the graphical effects they've put in it and suddenly I'm like nope that's definitely a Shin'en game. It looks so good.

Unfortunately for me, the surprise factor for the one game on the presentation I'm most interested in was wasted by Internet rumors beforehand. But at least the trailer they showed for it was new!
I originally played Ori on PC, on a laptop below minimum listed system specs ... the action was mildly slowed by the slow framerate and cutscenes did have some audiovisual desync, but the visuals were still just as beautiful, and the controls just as snappy in spite of it (i.e. I somehow never missed a jump or a midair Bash on account of the slow framerate). It will be fun to go back and finally play the game at its correct speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom