• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo of Europe hacked: European branch hit one week after Nintendo USA hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Nintendo of Europe hacked: European branch hit one week after Nintendo USA hacked

A week after Nintendo USA announced that one of their servers had been breached, a notice has gone up on the company's European website informing visitors that they are investigating a possible "phishing" threat. However, the company stresses that no personal information was obtained.

Read more on Bulbanews

Hmmm... It seems like no company is safe enough.

If I only had my Porygon. :|

Seriously though, why all the hacking?

This shit's getting crazy. I wonder why they're hacking a lot...

Who knows? All these recent hacking attempts are getting crazy. Some times the suspected group does it for revenge, other times, they do it to inform people of gaps in the security. Considering NoA was hacked last week and they confirmed Nintendo had since sealed the hole; why NOE? That is of course, assuming this was LulzSec.

This shit's getting crazy. I wonder why they're hacking a lot...

Wii U Info Probily and leaks of games like Zelda and Super Mario for 3DS

These guys are good.

Nintendo Europe were probably expecting a hack and they still got in. I'm not saying I approve, but that's pretty impressive.

I personally believe Nintendo of Europe was not expecting it. Typically targets are made towards a singular target, not to mention that it typically takes at least a month to properly designate an insecure hole in the programming to use for their route of attack. If Nintendo of Europe was expecting the attack, they would've been working their analysts and security team to find and patch any possible holes, and then add their own counter-software to trace the hack back to the source. This would be occurring at the same time as LulzSec (for lack of substantial evidence for the perpetrator) began their server interrogations. LulzSec would not succeed under this scenario, especially not within a week's gap between their last attack. The next option is for LulzSec to have already spent a long time, possibly multiple months, to gather enough information to make recurring, targeted attacks over the multiple servers. After the first attack, the intel to be used for the second attack would have to fail if the second target was expecting, and patching. This means that the most likely scenario is that the actual perpetrator has decided to directly target Nintendo, and has started an international attack. Nintendo was not expecting something this serious.

To me, this looks like a war between the dominating console corporations. Sony, now Nintendo. Microsoft is next.

To me, this looks like a war between the dominating console corporations. Sony, now Nintendo. Microsoft is next.

And then consoles will cease to exist and all we'll have is Apple! Oh noes!

Seriously, though, these have to be some pretty good hackers, especially if NoE was expecting it to happen. But then again, this might be a completely separate group from LulzSec, for all we know.

Nintendo's website is no longer displaying the message, so I assume all is good now.

They're climbin' in your survers
They're snatching your data up
Trying to steal them so you need to
Hide yo Wii, hide passwords
And hide yo husbands, 'cuz they stealin' everything out here

But in all seriousness, I hope other companies are learning from this and taking steps to keep their servers safe.

Hey happy fun Bulbagarden Pals! Here's a fun fact you might not have known! LulzSec takes full and complete credit for everything they ever do before, during, and after they do it.

LulzSec has been busy with other hacking activities as of late and have made no mention of Nintendo of Europe. Given their past this is more than enough to say they didn't do it. After all guys, why suddenly change how you do things?

So rest assured, this wasn't their doing. However, you can find out what they are up to be reading their twitter or their website. Isn't reading and finding stuff out for sure better than speculating and being wrong in front of your peers?

Now let's all hold hands and be happy fun rainbow friends time.

rainbow.png

I hope this satisfies the warning to be nicer. >_>

Oh wow, didn't see this coming O.O; What's next? Hacking the official Pokemon site? Gamestop or official Anime News sites?

I don't know how they have the time to do all this hacking. They must be spoiled brats who have nothing to do in life. No job, no house to take care of, no spouse, nothing. All I can say is I don't have time for this sort of stuff.

Well I am glad the news of this hacking is made public because companies seriously need some good security especially since they have more and more data from users.

They're climbin' in your survers
They're snatching your data up
Trying to steal them so you need to
And hide yo husbands, 'cuz they stealin' everything out here

But in all seriousness, I hope other companies are learning from this and taking steps to keep their servers safe.

Love the reference there.

Guess I kinda predicted wrong that Microsoft would be literally next, but I still wouldn't be surprised if they eventually get their turn.

Damnit, not again. Isn't there anything that can be done legally to stop all the hacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom