• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo releases patch for Pokémon XY: Lumiose City glitch and minor GTS bug fixed v

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Nintendo releases patch for Pokémon XY: Lumiose City glitch and minor GTS bug fixed via free patch

Nintendo has released a patch for the infamous Lumiose City glitch on the Nintendo eShop

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Nintendo releases patch for Pokémon XY: Lumiose City glitch and minor GTS bug fix

Thank Goodness. I had been wondering what they would do to fix that.

Re: Nintendo releases patch for Pokémon XY: Lumiose City glitch and minor GTS bug fix

This is great, I'm glad they released a patch for the issue!

So much for 'They'll never release a patch because they're evil and want awl the monies'

Thank god. I won't have to be paranoid about saving in Lumiose City now.

And now we wait for that one guy who hasn't thought to connect his 3DS to the internet.

Is it automatically installed once you download it?

Yes, check the bottom screen when you go to load your save file.

All the more reason to be glad that I have wifi now.

I'm happy about the patch but I probably won't be saving in Lumiose City anytime soon. xD

And now we wait for that one guy who hasn't thought to connect his 3DS to the internet.

This. It also sucks for individuals who have the game but don't have easy access to Wi-Fi/wireless Internet due to living in a remote/far area or something... :x And then there's the off chance of someone getting one of the un-patched Pokemon XY cartridges from the original run down the line (maybe as a used game or something where the original buyer didn't connect it to the Internet, or as a sealed new copy that somehow didn't manage to actually sell in the stores and got buried in a bin somewhere) who doesn't know about the glitch.

In any case, if there's no third version to XY in a few months/years and I end up getting the physical cartridge Pokemon Y Version, I'll have to remember about the existence of this glitch, hopefully. :< I assume that the e-Shop variants of Pokemon XY will automatically be replaced with the patched version now?

Also, awesome that Game Freak and Nintendo knocked out two birds with one stone ("It's super-effective!") by simultaneously fixing the "minor GTS bug where using a filter may have resulted in an error message" as well; I've heard a few people remarking on that issue on Reddit and a few other websites in the past few days...

So much for 'They'll never release a patch because they're evil and want awl the monies'
People really need to stop misquoting >_>

Ignoring the last part, they said they don't plan on releasing patches that change the battle mechanics, not that they'd never release patches.

Why does Game Freak require us to go through e-shop? Why not just force the update with Spot Pass or something? Also wondering why its saved on the SD card and not written on the cart itself.....

People really need to stop misquoting >_>

Ignoring the last part, they said they don't plan on releasing patches that change the battle mechanics, not that they'd never release patches.

Why does Game Freak require us to go through e-shop? Why not just force the update with Spot Pass or something? Also wondering why its saved on the SD card and not written on the cart itself.....

I wasn't talking about that at all. I figured that if there was some kind of major malfunction ingamebecause keeping that in, when you can just patch a fix for something this major, would actually scare some folks away from the game, losing money. I figure they aren't likely to patch for battle mechanics, as they themselves said that.

I was actually mocking a certain few folks who thought that they'd never ever patch the game ever, and that the lumiose glitch was just another scheme to rip people out of their money, etc,etc, lots of stupid and silly, as well as mean things being said.There's folks out there who were out for blood and completely talked down to and about ,now released, patch, believing it to be a hoax, and the patch never actually coming and that the heads were out to get them. A few folks like this were even on this forum, though I won't namedrop.

Im glad they released a patch for this glitch, not sure why it needed to be released and downloaded on the e shop through. Surely they could just put it out over Spotpass. I wonder if this means Spotpass will even be used at all to update the games for any purpose.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but can patches be distributed through SpotPass? I remember the patch for Mario Kart 7 some time ago required you to get it through the eShop, as well. I think that's just a thing.

EDIT: I just realized that patches/updates can be sent via SpotPass after booting up my Animal Crossing: New Leaf. But most patches that I've heard about/seen were distributed over the eShop.

Last edited:

I've heard this also patches up the thing where you can request one of those three unreleased Pokemon on the GTS and it'll actually show up. Can someone clarify this?

2 weeks? That sure is a quick turnaround time. Props to them for getting it through this fast, much more so than the MK7 patch.

It also sucks for individuals who have the game but don't have easy access to Wi-Fi/wireless Internet due to living in a remote/far area or something... :x And then there's the off chance of someone getting one of the un-patched Pokemon XY cartridges from the original run down the line (maybe as a used game or something where the original buyer didn't connect it to the Internet, or as a sealed new copy that somehow didn't manage to actually sell in the stores and got buried in a bin somewhere) who doesn't know about the glitch.

Well, too freakin' bad for them.

It is curious that the update is paired with each version (one for X, one for Y), but that's probably just a technical mandate of the patching mechanism.

2 weeks? That sure is a quick turnaround time. Props to them for getting it through this fast, much more so than the MK7 patch.

IIRC in the case of MK7 they first had to update the 3DS system itself to enable software patching at all.

Nice to know this also fixes the GTS glitch - I swear that 9 times out of 10 when I searched for a Pokemon on the GTS and filtered it to "user requesting Pokemon I own" I only ever got "communication error; please turn off the power" (with the other 1 in 10 cases being a "that Pokemon has already been traded"). I need to arrange some more GTS trades and check how it's running now.

As for where I save and quit, I tend to have a major "save point" mentality going in that I'll generally only save/quit the game from a Pokemon Center or healing NPC.

Last edited:

and for those of us without Wifi???

I'm happy that there's a fix, I can now save in the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom