• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo reveals 3DS launch dates: Handheld to launch before end of fiscal year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were the first GBA games remakes of previous titles? The first DS ones? That's what this is about.

Dude did I even say the R/S remakes will be released on the 3DS? My theory so far is that they'll be on the DS, and while that does seem very awkward for a company to do given the time it'll be when they're released, I think it's a bit easier to start with the 3DS when you're going for a new generation anyways. That's how it always was before, and remember, Emerald wasn't released on the DS either now was it?

Yet we couldn't connect a GBC with a GBA now could we? That's the part I'm wanting to know there, since that can easily determine a different route for the 5th Gen if a 3DS can't connect directly with a DS/Lite/DSi/XL by simple wireless connection. It probably can given the ease wireless can be done in that manor, but there's always that dreadful possibility.....

You couldn't, no; but two GBC games running on GBAs could connect to eachother if you had the right link cable. The lack of compatibility between GBC and GBA was all in the software, from what I understand. Wireless removes the need for specialized hardware/link cables, leaving software is the only limiting factor. If Game Freak wants to create a 3DS game for the third version and have it communicate with B&W, I don't see anything that could really stop them from doing so. All the game needs to be able to do is transmit data over wireless that B&W can understand and properly interpret what B&W is sending. Since nobody should know better than Game Freak about how the games communicate, I doubt it'd pose much of a challenge for them.

Dude did I even say the R/S remakes will be released on the 3DS? My theory so far is that they'll be on the DS, and while that does seem very awkward for a company to do given the time it'll be when they're released, I think it's a bit easier to start with the 3DS when you're going for a new generation anyways.
It seems that you're just fixated on the remake scenario even though it would make far more sense to delay them to Generation VI to avoid this awkwardness, as you put it.

What Unown Lord said. Gen V is going to go by quickly. If RSE remakes are coming, they'll be part of Gen VI.

What are the US Launch titles?

Europe gets an inflated price again then... :thumbd:

It's £230 here, thats about $367.84.
Quite alot more than the US price :banghead:

The UK price is evil - £229.99 ($249.99 is less than £200! - Damn VAT rise!). Oh well, I'll still be getting one. Some retailers, such as Amazon and Play.com are listing the 3DS with 4% off - £219.99.

I'll probably receive a call from GAME soon, as I pre-ordered the Red...

Also, as for why we're getting this 2 days before America (As with Black and White), the head of Nintendo of Europe said they wanted a simultanious release. Although he didn't elaborate, this is obviously because games are released in the UK on Fridays, and in the US on Sundays; and Nintendo obviously wanted the time-gap to be as small as possible.

Although no launch titles were mentioned, the following will be available in the EU before the next E3:

* Pilotwings: Resort
* Nintendogs + Cats
* Steel Diver
* Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
* Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
* The Sims 3
* Madden NFL Football
* Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D
* LEGO Star Wars III The Clone Wars
* Ridge Racer 3D
* Super Monkey Ball 3D
* Crush 3D
* Thor: God of Thunder
* Puzzle Bobble Universe
* Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
* Dead or Alive Dimensions
* Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
* Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D
* Rayman 3D
* Asphalt 3D
* Combat of Giants - Dinosaurs 3D
* James Noir's Hollywood Crimes
* Driver Renegade
* Rabbids 3D

Also, as for why we're getting this 2 days before America (As with Black and White), the head of Nintendo of Europe said they wanted a simultanious release. Although he didn't elaborate, this is obviously because games are released in the UK on Fridays, and in the US on Sundays; and Nintendo obviously wanted the time-gap to be as small as possible.

^Yes.

Also, sorry for you guys D: We're poor, probably why we're getting it cheaper

These are the ones I've seen rumored...

* Pilotwings Resort
* Nintendogs + Cats
* Steeldiver
* Dead or Alive
* Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D
* Madden NFL
* Super Street Fighter IV 3D
* Asphalt 3D
* Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
* Ridge Racer 3D
* Resident Evil: The Mercenaries
* LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

But apparently a lot of other games, such as Kid Icarus, will be coming out pretty soon after in the spring and summer. I heard something around 40 games in the launch window.

I'll probably wait till Kid Icarus comes out before I buy, since that's one game I'm excited about, although Steeldiver, SSFIV, and Resident Evil look nice.

Well, NOE have said 30 games before E3 2011. Dunno about America though.

Also, Jonathon Ross was an awesome host for the Amsterdamn one. I loved how he came out wearing big 3D glasses, took them off, and said "I won't be needing these."

SSF4 looks really impressive. Apparently, it has all the content of the XBox360 version plus some more and a mode that makes the game play more like Super Smash Bros with simplified special moves. And of course it's in 3D. That's pretty . . . mindblowing.

Pilotwings 3DS got me excited until I saw it was a spinoff of Wii Sports instead of more like Pilotwings n64. : /

I want Nintendcats, but the voice recognition in the first Nintendogs was absolute rubbish, so I'm wary of it.

Mostly I'm surprised and annoyed that no "real" Nintendo franchise launch titles are on the list.

I want to say something with all this speculation going on....

I think the first main series Pokemon Games for the 3DS won't be released until 6th generation in 2015(2014 in Japan if they don't have a simultaneous release by then)There is a very low chance of the Third version to BW being onn the 3DS because that would mess up 5th generation. Having Black and White on the DS, then releasing it's extended version on the 3DS? It doesn't seem right....Nintendo usually waits until a New Generation is due for release to decide whether to switch to a new system....Switching the main series Pokemon games to the 3DS in the 2013 would be like cutting 5th generation in half....all Pokemon games in a generation should all be on the same system as the initial Pokemon games when the generation begun. So, It's most like the 3rd vesion to Black and White and the Ruby and Sapphire remakes will be on the DS. Then in 2014, when 6th generation games are annouced, then they shall be on the 3DS.

Shiramu Kuromu said:
Do we even know if the 3DS is compatible with the DS by wireless though?

It's been announced that users can transfer their DSi downloads over to their 3DS, so the two will be able to communicate with each other wirelessly on at least some level.

Zeta said:

We don't know yet, but we can make educated guesses based on the Japanese launch:

• Winning Eleven (Pro Evolution) 3DS Soccer
  • Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
  • Samurai Warriors: Chronicle
  • Tobidasu! Puzzle Bobble 3D
  • nintendogs + cats
  • Ridge Racer 3D
  • Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
  • Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle

Whatever the US launch ends up being, we all need to keep in mind that launch line-ups for Nintendo systems almost always suck and are never good indicators of a system's potential.

I am NOT paying $250 for a 3DS...

...Until that delicious purple one comes out.
Or orange/gold, whichever comes first. If they both come out at once, I'm fucked.

SSF4 looks really impressive. Apparently, it has all the content of the XBox360 version plus some more and a mode that makes the game play more like Super Smash Bros with simplified special moves. And of course it's in 3D. That's pretty . . . mindblowing.
Kinda wish they could've added a character or two though...even Yun or Yang from SSFIV Arcade since it's not coming to consoles apparently.

Mostly I'm surprised and annoyed that no "real" Nintendo franchise launch titles are on the list.
Business strategy, I hear. Nintendo want to give a bit of lee-way to their Third Parties.

We don't know yet, but we can make educated guesses based on the Japanese launch:
Winning Eleven (Pro Evolution) 3DS Soccer
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Samurai Warriors: Chronicle
Tobidasu! Puzzle Bobble 3D

nintendogs + cats
Ridge Racer 3D
Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
We can probably eliminate those bolded...the last one I'm certain.

And I think I've heard Link's Awakening (hopefully DX, since black and white 3D seems like it'd be weird) will apparently be one of the launch games for the Virtual Console. The best portable Zelda. :D

Whatever the US launch ends up being, we all need to keep in mind that launch line-ups for Nintendo systems almost always suck and are never good indicators of a system's potential.
You didn't like Feel the Magic?

On a serious note, the games they showed off at Nintendo World the other week got me excited...new Bomberman (with a cover that pokes fun at Act Zero!), the Time Travelers, so yeah, I wouldn't judge the quality of the games on these first examples.

Due to the coverage they received at the European conference, I'm guessing Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, Pro Evolution Soccer 3 and Dead or Alive Dimensions are launch titles.

The UK having partnerships with Sky TV is awesome, as is the partnership with Aardman Studios (Exclusive 3D Shaun the Sheep!).

EUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE
emot-argh.gif

Not only that, a full month after Japan
emot-argh.gif

Although, we technically get the cheapest price, so I guess I'll have to deal with the AGONIZING WAIT.

Goddamn, Nintendo is being especially nice to Europe as of late.

EUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE
emot-argh.gif

Not only that, a full month after Japan
emot-argh.gif

Although, we technically get the cheapest price, so I guess I'll have to deal with the AGONIZING WAIT.

Goddamn, Nintendo is being especially nice to Europe as of late.

We only have to wait 2 days...

Why is 2 days so long for you guys?

Kinda wish they could've added a character or two though...even Yun or Yang from SSFIV Arcade since it's not coming to consoles apparently.

It might be possible that they're going to be hidden characters in the 3DS version. At the very least, it will have more features and modes the the console version.

At the very least, all the DLC will be bundled with the 3DS version no extra charge.

Big the Budo said:
And I think I've heard Link's Awakening (hopefully DX, since black and white 3D seems like it'd be weird) will apparently be one of the launch games for the Virtual Console. The best portable Zelda. :D

That game was actually the first Zelda game I ever played all the way through :)

Speaking of the Virtual Console, Super Mario Land was showcased in the conference, so I think it'll be safe to say that it'll be a launch title for the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom