• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo reveals 3DS launch dates: Handheld to launch before end of fiscal year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on if StarFox and Ocarina are going to be straight remakes or actually include new content like Mario 64 DS?

Star Fox apparently has a greatly improved multiplayer (speaking of Star Fox multiplayer, I had a blast with Assault's), leaderboards, and I thing alternate paths. Not sure on the last bit.

Pretty sure OoT was said to have some changes...but I don't think they've actually revealed any.

It might be possible that they're going to be hidden characters in the 3DS version
Probably skip out and go with an easy to do character like Evil Ryu or Mecha Akuma. :D

Although, someone surprising like Sodom (my second favorite SF) or Birdie (my favorite SF) would rock.

I wouldn't expect them to include the twins, but Daigo the SF series's random champ giving them his thumbs up as his favorite characters might put a little pressure on Capcom.

EUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE
emot-argh.gif

Not only that, a full month after Japan
emot-argh.gif

Although, we technically get the cheapest price, so I guess I'll have to deal with the AGONIZING WAIT.

Goddamn, Nintendo is being especially nice to Europe as of late.
Not really. The head of Nintendo of Europe stated that they wanted a simultanious release.

However, such a release isn't entirely possible, as games are released on Fridays in Europe, and Sundays in America - however, by giving Europe them first, it means the shortest time-gap, thus, closer to a simultanious release.

But yeah, we have to pay like, over $100 more for our 3DS, so think yourselves lucky xD

(Besides, America had 3DS pre-orders way before us. 3DS Pre-orders opened about 2 weeks after America. Kind of funny though, the order of areas where pre-orders are available is the opposite of the release order: America-Europe-Japan).

I was planning on getting it before, but now? It's more than my Wii cost!

Any news on if StarFox and Ocarina are going to be straight remakes or actually include new content like Mario 64 DS?

The only thing that's been confirmed for OoT is better graphics and new controls. Bill Trinen also said "don't expect" any new dungeons. I am disappoint. Of course, I'll still buy it anyway.

My N64 doesn't work anymore anyway (the lead that goes to the TV broke, and my gamecube one doesn't work), so I'll be getting the 3DS one when it's out.

Well, out of the titles listed by GAME as EU launch titles, only ones I'm slightly interested in are Super Street Fighter and Dead or Alive, but no point getting both. Although, in DoA, they jiggle.

Titles listed are all £39.99:

Nintendogs and Cats: French Bulldog and Friends
Nintendogs and Cats: Golden Retriever and Friends
Nintendogs and Cats: Toy Poodle and Friends.
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Fifa 3D
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3D
Resident Evil 3D (Not Confirmed if it's "Resident Evil : Revelations" or "Resident Evil: The Mercenaries")
Ridge Racers 3D
Dead or Alive Dimensions 3D
Madden NFL Football 3

Considering that the 3DS can do, and that it was most likely made by the most senior of Arcane Wizards, the price is justified.

Sure, I wish I didn't have to spent £229.99, but oh well. I just hope I can change my pre-order to blue (I pre-ordered Red...)

Considering that the 3DS can do, and that it was most likely made by the most senior of Arcane Wizards, the price is justified.

Sure, I wish I didn't have to spent £229.99, but oh well. I just hope I can change my pre-order to blue (I pre-ordered Red...)

I just wish Canadian Retailers didn't disregard the exchange rate and go "It's Canada so obviously it's more expensive". Honestly, I see them increasing it $30 in price, which is already as much as the sales tax for a $250 one, so then I still wind up paying over $300 thanks to retailers being greedy. Honestly, its that they're likely going to do this, my lack of interest for the launch titles and the battery life that is making me wait until either the "3DS lite" or Pokemon. If their releases happen to coincide, well, as long as the 3DS lite is a massive improvement in terms of battery life, I wouldn't mind spending full price on it.

It took the Lite two years, so I imagine it would take two years for the 3DS Lite as well, so it should be out before the international release of Gen VI

I just wish Canadian Retailers didn't disregard the exchange rate and go "It's Canada so obviously it's more expensive". Honestly, I see them increasing it $30 in price, which is already as much as the sales tax for a $250 one, so then I still wind up paying over $300 thanks to retailers being greedy. Honestly, its that they're likely going to do this, my lack of interest for the launch titles and the battery life that is making me wait until either the "3DS lite" or Pokemon. If their releases happen to coincide, well, as long as the 3DS lite is a massive improvement in terms of battery life, I wouldn't mind spending full price on it.

It took the Lite two years, so I imagine it would take two years for the 3DS Lite as well, so it should be out before the international release of Gen VI

Kinda good news; Amazon.ca has listed the 3DS pre-order for $249.99 CDN.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463383511&pf_rd_i=915398

Looks like someone's learning! :yahoo:

Last edited:
Nintendogs and Cats: French Bulldog and Friends
Nintendogs and Cats: Golden Retriever and Friends
Nintendogs and Cats: Toy Poodle and Friends.

They still separate the games by breeds? And only Dog breeds?

FFFFF

I'm gonna be so pissed if the cat ones aren't listed somewhere on the box.

(Yes, I find these games fun... >___>; )

Splitting them up "boosts" their launch lineup. Oh, and it means they can combine all 3 to make their sales look higher.

They still separate the games by breeds? And only Dog breeds?

FFFFF

I'm gonna be so pissed if the cat ones aren't listed somewhere on the box.

(Yes, I find these games fun... >___>; )
Well, each box has a dog on the cover, and a cat.

I'm not getting a 3DS until I see a price drop or a must have game. The launch list is laughable.

Since I've been practically preaching about its coming for half a year, I am morally compelled to get one as soon as I have the money.

And besides, what you get in the box isn't bad. A charging dock, and six cards for augmented reality. That still doesn't justify $249.99 though......

Well, at least in the UK, Nintendo have deals with Eurosport for 3D Sport videos, and deals with Sky 3D (The latter being UK only). Was there any news on the U.S. getting Shaun the Sheep, or was that EU only as well?

Well, each box has a dog on the cover, and a cat.

Yeah, I just mean, I'm going to be pissed off if they either Don't all have the same kind of cats to choose from, or the types in the game are not listed on the box

That's the kind of thing I'm a bit miffed about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom