• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo shuts down PokéNet?

Midnight Blue

~Love Is Hard To Define~
Reaction score
Anyone else hear this? And sorry if this is already a thread about it, I searched.

Yeah, aparently they are planning to re invent the MMO with a non pokemon title, although I wondered if it would stay online due to not being from an official GF or Nintendo souce, wouldn't it have breached some copyrights? I have never been on it, so I don't know what the situation on that was.

Summed up in one word? I'd call it "frustrating".

People put all this work into a friendly, non-for-profit project, with dedicated fans working on something they enjoy, completely out of harms way. And then Nintendo snaps its finger and -poof- no more project.

Basically it tells me how Nintendo views and treats its fanbase. Not that I wasn't already aware of how they do things.

Summed up in one word? I'd call it "frustrating".

People put all this work into a friendly, non-for-profit project, with dedicated fans working on something they enjoy, completely out of harms way. And then Nintendo snaps its finger and -poof- no more project.

Basically it tells me how Nintendo views and treats its fanbase. Not that I wasn't already aware of how they do things.

Agreed. There really wasn't a good reason for Nintendo to do this. It's not like they're losing money to this this.

How badly is Nintendo cracking down on fansites and the like? :s

Has the guy that's doing the Ultra Pokemon RPG(forgot what's its called) been informed about this?
And maybe they are planning to do a MMO.

I remember reading somewhere that at least one of the companies that has stock in the series was all for fangames so this kind of surprises me. Maybe I was misinformed but I really hope that I wasn't.

Has the guy that's doing the Ultra Pokemon RPG(forgot what's its called) been informed about this?
And maybe they are planning to do a MMO.

*facepalm* Pokemon Ultra RPG is an RP basically, and its been around a hell of alot longer than most of the things out there.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom