• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Switch discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tophat Dragoneye

Because I like Tophats
Reaction score

Thought I'd made thread so we can discuss the newly unveiled Nintendo Switch here. What are your thoughts about it? Did you spot anything that caught your attention or surprised you?

I personally find the name to be catchy. It just clicks for me. I did notice King Boo in the Mario Kart segment and as far as I'm aware, he's not playable in 8. DLC or new game?

Personally, the Mario and Splatoon segments are the most exciting aspects of the Nintendo Switch. Mario looks like he's going on a world tour, while Splatoon looks like it could become a more realised multiplayer experience. I am not certain Splatoon will be available day one, but if it were to be available, the Switch would be a strong consideration for me.

Thanks for reading.

Single screen Pokemon is going to burn my soul to a crisp, no idea how the hell I am going to get used to it again,good lord. On the other hand, its gonna be HD, on my TV, and on the go, so no fucks given really. If its at 250Euros this baby is bought.

Try pause at the reveal of the squid kids. They got new hair styles... well, tentacle styles to be exact.

First saw just the pictures of the system and was worried about how this'll work in a multi-handheld family like mine price-wise. But then I watched the video and I don't even care anymore because I'm so excited about it!

The shifting from home to handheld looked very cool and even stylish with the way the controller button peripherals slide off and on that screen. It will definitely be nice to be able to take some games on the go like that, Splatoon in particular since that'll free up the TV for someone else to play another system in my house. And I read somewhere that there should be ports for the Wii/U Classic Controller, and that makes me happy too since I really like that controller (yes, more than the Pro).

Curious if Splatoon and Mario Kart are just enhanced ports of the Wii U installments plus some new content, or if they are sequels. please stop with Yoshi Circuit GCN, Nintendo, that course isn't even fun for me, a Double Dash!! fan Either way would be fine with me honestly, especially when we're pretty much assured to get a new Mario Kart somewhere down the line anyway. Bet we'll be seeing that rumored Smash Wii U-but-now-for-Switch port too. It'd be nice - if that's a thing really - if they'd add the stages from the 3DS version in along with salvaging the Ice Climbers... and bringing back my boy Wolf.
Try pause at the reveal of the squid kids. They got new hair styles... well, tentacle styles to be exact.
There were also some different pants too! So looks like there will be more customization all-around this time.

I'm super hyped. I love the name, it looks great, 3rd party list looks great.

Now we await the actual games being announced, which will most likely be revealed in a Direct soon.

I'm hyped. Seeing that Nintendo Switch is both a handheld and a connect to TV thing, maybe there will be future Pokemon games with graphics like Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Out of all Pokemon games, I loved the graphics in Pokemon Battle Revolution the most, and always wanted another Pokemon game to have those graphics.

Here's my honest reaction:
EaaIg4A.gif

The fact that freaking SKYRIM (which I preordered for the PS4 recently) is on it just made me fall over. If this thing's compatible with Wii U and amiibo, I'll get it next year.

...actually, I'll get this anyway, just not on the first day release. Gotta wait for a few good games to pique my interest.

Y'all I am so hyped right now!! I want 12 Nintendo can honestly take all my money

Here is Nintendo's official release describing how the console works, and a list of "publishers, developers, and middleware partners" working on the system.

Y'all I am so hyped right now!! I want 12 Nintendo can honestly take all my money

Here is Nintendo's official release describing how the console works, and a list of "publishers, developers, and middleware partners" working on the system.
I got a "missing page" error.

Since its a hybrid like many speculated I'm getting it. I always find myself torn between home console and portable. But I normally pick portable because of Pokémon. Now it's likely gen 8 will be on this, plus good mario and Zelda games ( not a fan of the portable games they get) so I'll probably get this maybe in late 2017 early 2018

This does look interesting. But unless there's games I absolutely want that can only be played on it, then I'm gonna refrain from buying the Nintendo Switch.

Probably get some spin-off pokemon games. Then gen 8 in 2019 or 2020. Of course there be non-pokemon games too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom