• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo UK and fansites to host Manchester tournament: Nugget Bridge and PokémonWorl

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Nintendo UK and fansites to host Manchester tournament: Nugget Bridge and PokémonWorld return ...

After the closure of the Gamerbase branch in Manchester, Nintendo UK, Nugget Bridge and PokémonWorld have announced their fifth Manchester Pokémon tournament. This time it will take place in the Kyoto Lounge venue on Saturday April 13, 2013. The tournament will be using VGC13 rules and will be free to enter.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Nintendo UK and fansites to host Manchester tournament: Nugget Bridge and Pokémon

For once someone got to reporting a PokémonWorld tournament before me xD. I should beat up my sources or something. I do remember something about it originally being planned to have an entrance fee, but Nintendo UK weren't happy with that.

Odd how there are only two age divisions - Junior and Senior, when the official events have a third age division (Master).

Re: Nintendo UK and fansites to host Manchester tournament: Nugget Bridge and Pokémon

For once someone got to reporting a PokémonWorld tournament before me xD. I should beat up my sources or something.

I was also surprised that you hadn't reported the tournament already. Will you be coming to this tournament @Joshawott? I will be coming to the Manchester tournament for the first time and I will be with my university's Pokémon society (which was created in November 2012) for most of the time.

Last edited:

For once someone got to reporting a PokémonWorld tournament before me xD. I should beat up my sources or something.

I was also surprised that you hadn't reported the tournament already. Will you be coming to this tournament @Joshawott? I will be coming to the Manchester tournament for the first time and I will be with my university's Pokémon society (which was created in November 2012) for most of the time.
I probably won't be, as I have to save up money for Comic Con in May. Manchester is quite expensive for me to go to.

I live less than a 30mins walk from there. Sadly I wont be attending as I'm moving out my flat and I dont think the gf would allow it.

Lucky people in the UK.

What are the VGC13 roles? Can somebody explain please? I tried looking them up on BPedia, but found nothing.

Lucky people in the UK.

What are the VGC13 roles? Can somebody explain please? I tried looking them up on BPedia, but found nothing.
There is a link to the rules at the bottom of the article and here is the link to the rules in this post Play! Pokémon Rules. In a summary the rules are that all battles will be double battles in the flat battle mode which means no event Pokémon, version mascot Pokémon or Mewtwo are allowed, you can't use more than one of the same Pokémon, the moves Dark Void and Sky Drop are banned and the levels of Pokémon with levels greater than 50 will be decreased to level 50.

Lucky people in the UK.

There is a link to the rules at the bottom of the article and here is the link to the rules in this post Play! Pokémon Rules. In a summary the rules are that all battles will be double battles in the flat battle mode which means no event Pokémon, version mascot Pokémon or Mewtwo are allowed, you can't use more than one of the same Pokémon, the moves Dark Void and Sky Drop are banned and the levels of Pokémon with levels greater than 50 will be decreased to level 50.

The same f****** rules as always then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom