Ongoing NMLewis Rocks Ruby: The Discussion Thread

Reaction score

An episode before the Saturday one because I failed to get one done last week.
Dubious choices made in battle against Wattson. And I get a little too upset by a Voltorb exploding. But I stand by my sentiments re. that.

Reaction score

Verdanturf Town finally. Which has some of the best music IMO. I just like the whole vibe of the town, actually.

Reaction score

The biggest waste of time yet. This really delivers on that promise.
What's truly annoying is I won with my first off-screen attempt. :|

Reaction score

It goes on.
A couple of evolutions and a strong(ish) debut for a newcomer Pokémon.

Reaction score

Fallarbor Town is one of my fave towns. The music suits it so well.
Also I promptly got the Blue, Yellow and Red Flutes after this episode. They truly are great. Particularly the Red Flute, since Full Heals do nothing for infatuation...

Reaction score

Team Magma's mission always made a bit more sense, given the land-sea ratio. Although the Mt. Chimney strategy didn't really make sense, because... well it's on land, not in the sea. I suppose the lava flow could get to the ocean... I'm sure someone's looked into this at one point or another.

Reaction score

Team Magma's mission always made a bit more sense, given the land-sea ratio. Although the Mt. Chimney strategy didn't really make sense, because... well it's on land, not in the sea. I suppose the lava flow could get to the ocean... I'm sure someone's looked into this at one point or another.
Ok so 100% agree why would you blow up a volcano in the middle of the island to get more land mass?
Second thing I want to say is I love this series, I enjoy every second of it, love the variety in your team, love your snarky comments and i get really excited at the thought of the next episode. Dude you're great and it's the only Pokemon playthrough I watch now cos it's my fave

Reaction score

@LadyC Thank you so much!!! It's definitely motivating to know someone actually enjoys it!! :D

In this episode my main issue is that I forget there's a trainer in the first room of the gym.

Reaction score
You're welcome and thanks for regular updates! I'd be sad if you missed a week again! Even though it was ages ago I'm not over it :p

Reaction score
Ep. 21

So full of filler.
I won't keep doing the rematches onscreen..... much.
Also I never posted the last 2 episodes in this thread, not that it really matters.
Ep. 19 / Ep. 20

Reaction score

I did look into the Seven Seas afterwards; apparently there are different interpretations, but the most widely adopted one is the 5 oceans with the Atlantic and Pacific oceans split into north and south. So there you go.

Reaction score
i think youre really improving the commentary as you go on with these episodes it has a much better flow! so good job! cant wait to explore the shipwreck!

Reaction score

... I keep passing through Rustboro and not reviving Anorith, really need to prioritise that.

Reaction score
I'm sad about bayleaf too!
I think the tuber was saying he lost the battle because he couldn't catch enough Pokemon?
Hahaha feeling sorry for marill tubers
Hahahaha "sorry that was embarrassing" I always do that
GO THE CAPTAIN
"We'll be left with 5" HOW DID YOU KNOW
Also I didn't know balloons did that cool

Reaction score

I ended up making it through Purity Forest in Mystery Dungeon DX shortly after recording this. Clearly I was hell bent on getting that over and done with ASAP.
Also, I'm surprised I managed to miss the fact that my visit to the Pokémon Centre after returning from Fiery Path was completely pointless. I'm sure the 'mons appreciated it though.

Reaction score
Haha purity forest I've heard from a reliable source is the worst thing ever(but in a good way?)
NOOOO NOT LOUDRED nice to see cats back in the party though
"Just crash into every NPC why don't you"
"What am I even referring to?" Idk but I laughed anyway
The written snark at yourself is just sooooo good
When Steven asked if you only raised Pokemon of a certain type I felt so called out lol
Nothing wrong with flying types!
Also flamethrower is super satisfying I agree
I love your berry lessons tbh I don't know much about berries
Wooooo thanks for the episode