• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

No AG head writer?

ehh123

Reaction score
I heard that during AG, there was no one credited as "series composition" or the head writer.

So between the times of Takeshi Shudo quitting during Johto and Atsuhiro Tomioka taking over in DP, no one was telling these writers what to do (besides directors and producers)? That would certainly explain the climax of the Team Magma and Team Aqua storyline.

I think it was Tomioka. Going through Bulbapedia's list of eps written by him, he did write a lot of important episodes for that series. Strange that there's no series construction credit though.

I think that would explain why the formula wasn't quite beaten to death yet during AG, and why the Battle Frontier ended up being the last time Ash achieved a major victory, before we knew exactly what was going to happen from DP onwards, until SM tried to shake up the formula again with the Trial leaders recently.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom