• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

No new Mega Evolution patch for X or Y players: X and Y won't receive Primal Groudon/

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
No new Mega Evolution patch for X or Y players: X and Y won't receive Primal Groudon/Kyogre either

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are not going to receive a patch for the new Mega Evolutions or Primal forms of Groudon or Kyogre.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: No new Mega Evolution patch for X or Y players: X and Y won't receive Primal Grou

I wonder what this will mean for Wi-Fi battle compatibility and stuff... Though the fact that Items can't be stored in Bank was kind of hinting at this kind of cut-off happening.

Will X/Y and ORAS be able to battle each other at all? :/ If so, how will the differences be handled? I have so many questions about what this means.

Re: No new Mega Evolution patch for X or Y players: X and Y won't receive Primal Grou

This includes a lot of question from XY fans: Why in the world GameFreak or Pokemon won't gonna bring the new mega evo from ORAS into X and Y?? Well, time to start wondering wheter the trades are working to mega evolved there. T3T

Random theory: this is all a clever plan to get people to buy the 3rd version of Pokemon XY, which will add in all of the new megas from ORAS.

Masuda Jun'ichi made a tweet about this earlier tonight:

There have been a lot of questions about compatiblity lately but I can assure you that during both regular play and Free Battles you'll be able to travel around and battle with the pokemon you've brought over with PokeShifter! The first Ranked Battle for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will feature a new way to enjoy the game!

That doesn't sound very relevant to the question of patching XY to include the new Megas and whatnot. Nonetheless, GF already went on record stating there would be no "balance" patches for XY (just bugfixes) and new Megas will certainly shift balance around, but to give OR/AS all these new features and XY won't be able to see any of them (except possibly the Mega Latis) is a real disappoint.

That doesn't sound very relevant to the question of patching XY to include the new Megas and whatnot. Nonetheless, GF already went on record stating there would be no "balance" patches for XY (just bugfixes) and new Megas will certainly shift balance around, but to give OR/AS all these new features and XY won't be able to see any of them (except possibly the Mega Latis) is a real disappoint.

I agree, I kind of find this unfair of them to do things like this, just only letting the Mega Latis but not any of the other Megas introduced.

Well, this puts me off bothering to acquire a living dex or IV breeding or breeding more than a select few pokemon (despite me not forming a team, so would just be a pokemon or two to remain with me for as long as possible) for anything other than nature because trading them over is going to be a nightmare. I was hoping for a patch so that I could keep ORAS as my replay game whilst still having all the up-to-date forms on X. Guess I'll have to do it the other way around.

And here's the problem with adding new Pokemon mid-generation. Even semi-new Pokemon like Mega Evolutions. GameFreak is too lazy to do patches.

I wonder how Smogon will handle this. If they'll split the metas into XY metas and ORAS metas.

Also it's weird that there won't be Mega compatibility between XY and ORAS considering you have to trade a Diancie from XY to ORAS to...access its Mega evolution. Oh.

Random theory: this is all a clever plan to get people to buy the 3rd version of Pokemon XY, which will add in all of the new megas from ORAS.

^

There have been a lot of questions about compatiblity lately but I can assure you that during both regular play and Free Battles you'll be able to travel around and battle with the pokemon you've brought over with PokeShifter! The first Ranked Battle for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will feature a new way to enjoy the game!

You have to use Pokeshifter to get mons from XY to ORAS?! You can't just trade o_O

And here's the problem with adding new Pokemon mid-generation. Even semi-new Pokemon like Mega Evolutions. GameFreak is too lazy to do patches.

Black and White Kyurem aren't in Black/White, they're not in the code for the games, yet they were newly added to Black 2/White 2 and backwards-compatable.

I wonder how Smogon will handle this. If they'll split the metas into XY metas and ORAS metas.
Do as they always do and play their own metagame. Official tournaments, and even ranked wifi doesn't do the full 6v6 format.

Do as they always do and play their own metagame. Official tournaments, and even ranked wifi doesn't do the full 6v6 format.

That's just format, though. Smogon disallows anything not legally obtainable in-game. For instance, in the Gen VI meta, you currently cannot use any of the Gems except Normal Gem, because it's the only one legally available in-game. You also can't use illegal Move/Ability combinations, etc.

If it's illegal to use ORAS megas in XY (and likely the reverse), it'll have to be illegal to have fights between, say, a team with a Mega Medicham and a team with a Mega Swampert, in Pokemon Showdown.

The cynic in me is saying that this is probably the base reason. Want all the good stuff? Oh, GF won't patch it but you can throw down $40 to get a third version of X and Y with everything you ever wanted, like all the new Megas and the new Primal forms!

I'm really hoping the cynic in me is wrong. =/

You have to use Pokeshifter to get mons from XY to ORAS?! You can't just trade o_O
If that's the case, I will be pretty slagged off, as I'm looking for a shiny Kakuna to trade over to OR in order to have a shiny Mega Beedrill. I've been actively breeding male Ralts to get a decent one for Mega Gallade. All that work will be for absolute nothing if I have to use Poke Shifter to get my crew over to Hoenn and you have no idea how disappointed/angry I will be.

Dirty pool, Gamefreak... :-|

The cynic in me is saying that this is probably the base reason. Want all the good stuff? Oh, GF won't patch it but you can throw down $40 to get a third version of X and Y with everything you ever wanted, like all the new Megas and the new Primal forms!

I'm really hoping the cynic in me is wrong. =/

If that's the case, I will be pretty slagged off, as I'm looking for a shiny Kakuna to trade over to OR in order to have a shiny Mega Beedrill. I've been actively breeding male Ralts to get a decent one for Mega Gallade. All that work will be for absolute nothing if I have to use Poke Shifter to get my crew over to Hoenn and you have no idea how disappointed/angry I will be.

Is Shifter Bank's Japanese name? 'Cause if it is, then this makes everything so much easier for me tbh.

Also, I hope the cynic in you is RIGHT. I'd much rather pay to have a game with ALL Mega's than not have the option of getting it at all.

That's just format, though. Smogon disallows anything not legally obtainable in-game. For instance, in the Gen VI meta, you currently cannot use any of the Gems except Normal Gem, because it's the only one legally available in-game. You also can't use illegal Move/Ability combinations, etc.

If it's illegal to use ORAS megas in XY (and likely the reverse), it'll have to be illegal to have fights between, say, a team with a Mega Medicham and a team with a Mega Swampert, in Pokemon Showdown.
Why would it be likely the reverse? Just because XY won't be patched to accomodate ORAS megas doesn't mean ORAS wasn't programmed to use XY megas (we've seen Mega Charizard in promotional screenshots leading people to think Steven had it).

How do you people extrapolate "XY can't trade with ORAS" from that comment. It's saying ORAS has full compatibility with existing wifi features like Free Battle and Poke Shifter. As in, you can trade from Gen V games to ORAS.

Im somewhat not bothered by this but it seems odd. Maybe the company is greedy and wants the players to buy all available versions of the games, maybe. It could also be that the corporate executives the ones that told Game Freak to do this move in order to get more dollars.

It's saying ORAS has full compatibility with existing wifi features like Free Battle and Poke Shifter. As in, you can trade from Gen V games to ORAS.
Poke Shifter is specifically the method for transferring Gen IV to V, for V to VI transfers it's Pokemon Bank + Transporter that does the job.

This page states that "Kalos Rules" are applied to communication with XY players (anything but random battles), meaning that moves and Mega Evolutions introduced in ORAS can't be used.

I think if that if X/Y Megas can't be transferred over, Smogon will create an OR/AS metagame with separate. There'll be a Kalos OU and a Hoenn OU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom