• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

No new Mega Evolution patch for X or Y players: X and Y won't receive Primal Groudon/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: No new Mega Evolution patch for X or Y players: X and Y won't receive Primal Grou

I think if that if X/Y Megas can't be transferred over, Smogon will create an OR/AS metagame with separate. There'll be a Kalos OU and a Hoenn OU.
ORAS obviously include the XY Mega Evolutions. No official source indicates otherwise, and Mega Absol is even used by Sidney in-game.

Re: No new Mega Evolution patch for X or Y players: X and Y won't receive Primal Grou

Alternatively, the reason why there's no patch is that there's nothing to patch. Black Kyurem's and White Kyurem's signature moves were in the original Black and White, no? And it could be that they're compatible, battle-wise, even if there is no data for the Mega Evos, it's just changing the base stats and abilities. I vaguely remember Platinum's Giratina with a Griseous Orb being essentially usable in Battle Revolution - the Griseous Orb didn't show up, but the stats were the same as an Origin Giratina. ...I think. It's been a while. ._.;

Or I could just be making up shit from the top of my head. That could be it, too.

I don't see what the big problem is here. He's basically just saying that this is going to be exactly like BW and DPP when they released new formes. We could still battle Landorus, Thundurus, Tornadus and Rotom from our old games its just that we saw them with their old designs rather than their new ones. The only question is will we be unable to trade pokemon carrying the new mega stones or will they just not activate while in XY. I assume the former since there is still no data for in-game descriptions or sprites for the items.

I don't see what the big problem is here. He's basically just saying that this is going to be exactly like BW and DPP when they released new formes. We could still battle Landorus, Thundurus, Tornadus and Rotom from our old games its just that we saw them with their old designs rather than their new ones.
You're making an assumption which has been proven false:

This page states that "Kalos Rules" are applied to communication with XY players (anything but random battles), meaning that moves and Mega Evolutions introduced in ORAS can't be used.

The "PokeShifter" thing was my mistake - I thought that "PokeMover" was called "PokeShifter" in English but it looks like I was wrong. My translation should have said "PokeTransporter" instead.

(NOA really shouldn't just change names just for the hell of it)

I wonder how Smogon will handle this. If they'll split the metas into XY metas and ORAS metas.
Do as they always do and play their own metagame. Official tournaments, and even ranked wifi doesn't do the full 6v6 format.

That's just format, though. Smogon disallows anything not legally obtainable in-game. For instance, in the Gen VI meta, you currently cannot use any of the Gems except Normal Gem, because it's the only one legally available in-game. You also can't use illegal Move/Ability combinations, etc.

If it's illegal to use ORAS megas in XY (and likely the reverse), it'll have to be illegal to have fights between, say, a team with a Mega Medicham and a team with a Mega Swampert, in Pokemon Showdown.

I think if that if X/Y Megas can't be transferred over, Smogon will create an OR/AS metagame with separate. There'll be a Kalos OU and a Hoenn OU.

Hopefully they'll also create an unofficial Mixed metagame so I don't have to play Custom Matches just to use crossover-megas.

I wouldn't be surprise if GameFreak joke about this but hey whatever GameFreak does they does.

While I am disappointed, TBH, I don't care too much. It made my mind up quickly whether Y or AS would be my "home base" until Gen 7. No prizes for guessing which one it is. However, it is shocking how lazy they are being. I really don't know much about how to program Megas and what not, but... it doesn't seem hard. If anyone could shed a little light, that would be fantastic, but for now, I'm relatively clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom