• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

No official streaming options for these specials

Ricbolog

Reaction score
As you may know, after Pokémon TV got an update, a section for the Pokémon "specials" was added here. You can see they've got Twilight Wings, Generations and Origins. However, there are quite a bit of notable absences, if not for the fact that some of these are pratically unavailable everywhere else (except maybe for a couple of out-of-production DVDs), such as:
- Mewtwo Returns;
- Pokémon Chronicles; Pokémon TV regularly rotates seasons, so why is Chronicles never shown?
- The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon;
- The Mega-evolution specials; all things considered, it would have been better if they were made part of their respectice dub seasons, like "The Legend of XYZ!", at least they wouldn't have disappeared;
- The Pikachu shorts, and I mean only those that were dubbed.

So, why do you think that these products are currently being completely neglected by TPCI, while it is possible (at least in the US, as far as I'm aware) get almost without problem evey regular season or movie? Do you think we could get official releases for them in the near future?

Last edited:
Mewtwo Returns was put at least on video and the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon was included with the initial release of the Lucario movie, but I think that's about it and those would be out of print by this point anyway. I think all of the Pikachu shorts after the fourth one that were dub weren't included with any movie release. It does seem kind of strange for them to not have any release for Chronicles. They were side stories, but they did feature some fan favorite characters, so it would have made sense to give it a DVD release.

It is extremely weird for them to not include the Mega Evolution specials with the XY season sets. They weren't proper XY episodes, but they still contribute to its plot. They introduced Alain, Marinie and establish Team Flare in those specials and that setup leads into their roles in the tail end of XY. I could see them including the Mega Evolution specials whenever they eventually re-release the XY DVD sets. I don't think there's much of a chance for those other specials to be given a re-release, aside from maybe Mewtwo Returns. It seems a bit too late for them to release Chronicles and I don't know if anyone would be interested in the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special when it was effectively a tenth anniversary special.

I’m just still waiting on the Dawn, Brock, Cilan, and Iris specials to be dubbed

May as well give up, buddy. If they were ever going to be dubbed, I think it would've happened WAY before now :cry:
Heck, I hear TPCI even considered dubbing the Iris and Cilan-Clemont specials, but then went "nah" because they didn't serve a promotional purpose.
The part that bothers me is they've dubbed EVERYTHING else...:mad:

I especially don't get why we can't find the ME specials when they directly tie in to XY's overall plot... o_O
And that's why I said it would have been better if they were treated as regular episodes. If, let's say, the first Mega Evolution special had became S17E22, it would appear whenever Season 17 is on Pokémon TV or when purchasing it on Amazon Prime. Considering you can't purchase them in any way, I don't get why they don't at least put them on Pokémon TV specials section, it's not like they would lose any money doing that.

It does seem kind of strange for them to not have any release for Chronicles. They were side stories, but they did feature some fan favorite characters, so it would have made sense to give it a DVD release.
Well, they've got english DVDs in the UK, but not in the US, and while I could purchase them since I'm from Europe, I would prefer to watch my country's dub of it, since it exists, but it's unavailable. I'm pretty sure Chronicles episodes were shown during the Twitch Marathon, so it's strange they can't be watched online on any official platform, free or not.
I don't think there's much of a chance for those other specials to be given a re-release, aside from maybe Mewtwo Returns. It seems a bit too late for them to release Chronicles and I don't know if anyone would be interested in the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special when it was effectively a tenth anniversary special.
I don't get why it would be too late to release anything that has already been dubbed. They could just add them on Pokémon TV or, if they want to make any money out of it, put them on sale on services like Google/Youtube movies, Itunes, Amazon Prime or whetever else.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Well, they've got english DVDs in the UK, but not in the US, and while I could purchase them since I'm from Europe, I would prefer to watch my country's dub of it, since it exists, but it's unavailable. I'm pretty sure Chronicles episodes were shown during the Twitch Marathon, so it's strange they can't be watched online on any official platform, free or not.

I forgot about the UK DVDs. It makes it stranger that they didn't made a Chronicles DVD release for the U.S. too.

Ricbolog1310 said:
I don't get why it would be too late to release anything that has already been dubbed. They could just add them on Pokémon TV or, if they want to make any money out of it, put them on sale on services like Google/Youtube movies, Itunes, Amazon Prime or whetever else.

It's more like that I don't think that there would be any interest in getting specials like Chronicles or Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon a re-release. They could just put them up on Pokemon TV at least, which would probably the easiest option, but maybe they don't think that there is much interest in these specials to warrant even that much.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
They could just put them up on Pokemon TV at least, which would probably the easiest option, but maybe they don't think that there is much interest in these specials to warrant even that much.
Not making them available just because of the assumption that there isn't enough interest sounds very lazy, if not for the fact that this would mean that they don't really care if people get to see them from not so official sources, and we're not talking of dubbed episodes removed from rotation like "Holiday Hi Jinx" for at least known reasons. Maybe if enough people emailed Pokémon support (it has a section about Pokémon TV), they could do something about those specials.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom