• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Noctowl vs Swellow vs Fearow

JohtoMotto

Australia is my city
Reaction score
noctowl.png
vs​
swellow.gif
vs​
fearow.png

I look forward to see the results...

Noctowl is a highly defensive pokemon that relys on special moves to destroy his opponents. It has the highest HP, Sp. At & Sp. Df of the three bird pokemon but has the lowest Speed, Attack, Defense of the rest. It has the best movepool of the three birds.

Swellow is a fast physical sweeper that relys on his major speed boost to get an edge on his opponents. It has the higest speed but has the lowest Sp. At, Sp. Df & HP. It has a pretty bad movepool.

Fearow is basically the same as Swellow but is stronger & slower than it's counterpart.It uses it's high attack to take out it's opponent quickly. It has the highest attack of all the pokemon & no lowest stats. It has a mediocre movepool.

So who will

Have the best Design?

The best stats?

The favourite?

You decide
:party:

Design: Fearow (it looks like Moltres/Ho-oh)

Stats: Swellow (Speed is important)

Favorite: Fearow (for the same reason stated for it)

Swellow for me. It looks like you could breeze and zip in the air like an aeroplane when you use it for transport, and of course, Swellow is fast. If only it gets a Fighting move like Staraptor...

Noctowl is cool for me. A Pokemon based on a nocturnal bird is a pretty cool concept back in the day. As for Fearow...he's not too interesting to me.

I've just always loved Noctowl. Looks wise, the fact it learns Hypnosis.

Have the best Design?
Swellow with Noctowl following closely.
The best stats?
Swellow. Especially with the help of Guts.

The favourite?

Noctowl.

And why Pelipper is not here?

This really should have been a Swellow vs Noctowl thread. Don't really know what Fearow is doing here (maybe you should have made another thread comparing him to Pelipper or something)

Anyway, every fiber in my being is telling me to choose Noctowl simply because of my love for Johto, but in all honesty, I like Swellow better, so I'm going to choose him.

Swellow, both for my preferences and for its uses in battle. Guts + STAB Facade = game over.

I actually like all of the above. But as far as design goes, I think Swellow is the most beautiful. I like them all though!

Design-Swellow
Comp.-Fearow
Fav-Noctowl

I voted Swellow,it's so pretty...

Design: Noctowl

Stat: Swellow

Favorite: Fearow

Basically, I like all of them equally. But I picked Fearow because I love love love Spearow.

Swellow, just a little bit over Noctowl.

I've never cared much for Fearow.

Swellow beats all of the normal/flying types except Staraptor with ease. So Swellow it is. I love it. I always use one in my in-game team.

Design: Swellow
Stats: Swellow
Favorite: Swellow

My favorite starting route bird and first pokemon catch ever.

Swellow. Great speed and is the next best Normal/ Flying pokemon after Staraptor and Togekiss. It learns Brave Bird and has Guts, so yeah.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom