• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Nocturne Academy:Year One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoto

The Killy Killy Joker
Reaction score
@Winter Raven; @Infinity Storm; @Midorikawa; @SudoWooper; @Yun; @Samus; @Ladies and Gentlemen; @Detective Calvin; And @Sanctus; the RP has begun.

------------------------------

After extensive security sweeps at Chicago Central Station, a vintage locomotive pulled out of the station, to the undisclosed location of Nocturne Academy.There was a classy dinning car which looked like a five star restaurant, with a menu that was just as refined. A gallery cabin with wide open windows to see the green country side pass by the train, and various compartment styled seating for the passengers to relax in. Each student, human or monster had an accaptence letter from Nocturne Academy, including a map of school.

Drew Alexandrite sat in his compartment, simply staring out the window as the passing country side zoomed by. He turned around at the sound of door sliding open. He was shocked to see the beauty of the girl standing in front of him.

"Hello." She greeted, rather formally, albeit cooly. "My name is Milla Scarlet, I was assigned to be your guide while you attend Nocturne Academy, i figured i'd come down here and become acquainted with you seeing as we'll be spending a lot of time together in the upcoming school year."

"Nice too meet you." Drew greeted.

Milla sat in the seat across from him, crossing her legs and folding her arms. Drew couldn't help but feel slightly intimidated by her daunting gaze.

OOC: Abolishing the Monster Guide thing, interact with other characters at your own leisure.

Last edited:
Ari sat to herself, enjoying the quiet around her. Under her hood, no one could see her face. She was hunched over, to the point where her gray skin would not be seen. The half-demon appeared to be reading through a thick book.

Myn stretched before entering the room, looking around the area. She put a hand on her hip before speaking. "A new day... fuck."

Last edited:
A slender young man walked down the hall of the train, laptop bag slung over one shoulder. He was looking for a seat where he could focus. Lesath had been very social before. But now he just wanted to study. The laptop had given him instructions on how to build a wand, and he had only recently used it to cast his first spell. Right now it was fastened to the belt of his pants using a specially designed holster he had sewn on. It was about as long as Lesath's forearm, and constructed of black metal, with some blue electric tape forming a grip. It was his first creation. The Wand of Alivening.

It wasn't long before he found a seat. It was near a girl with a good and cloak, reading a large tome. Lesath didn't consider himself as judge mental, but she looked like a sorceress. Maybe he could learn a thing or too about magic from her? Even of she wasn't magical, she was kind of cute.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Lesath asked Ari, removing his bag from his shoulder. He then heard a voice asking for fresh meat, and it was coming from an Amazon. She was ripped, covered in scars, and frankly Lesath was worried she'd try to beat him up. Even if he could do magic, he wasn't sure he could take this woman on. Especially when he saw her fangs. Still, maybe she was nice? He reminded himself he was in a school for monsters. Fangs and being ripped were normal. So against his better judgement, he waved.

"Hey. I'm new." He said to Myn. He thought for a moment. He was a young wizard...On a train. Headed for a magical castle. "When do I fight Voldemort?" He asked.

Last edited:
Tomoko Satomi was silently reading a very thick book, completely shut off from the world around her. Her all black outfit, combined with her pale skin and black hair, typically attracted a lot of attention for reasons the bookworm didn't quite understand. She didn't mind being talked to, as long as the person could talk on her level. She yawned and adjusted her thick glasses before crossing her legs and returning her attention to her book, which was actually a dictionary.

"...Mm? No, you're fine." She replied, looking up from the ancient book. Her skin wasn't the kind of gray like that of a zombie - no, it was not decaying or anything of the sort. It was a light ashen shade, like out of a black and white photograph. She glanced up to look at Lesath, her face shadowed for the most part - though you could see her eyes. They were a light silver color, like her skin. The sclera were black, and her pupils resembled 'X's. Hunching over once more, she found her place and begun reading in silence once more.

Last edited:
Drew fidgeted slightly, before speaking, slightly nervous by Milla's daunting demeanor.

"MY name is Drew." He said, "Glad to meet you."

Milla smiled slightly. "I'll admit, your quite brave for attending Nocturne, what brings you to the school?" she asked.

"I'm attending for my family." He replied, "I won't bore you with the details."

Milla sighed. "Suppose that was a bit of an over the top question. I guess in return, you can ask me anything about myself you like."

Drew gulped slightly, having been wanting to ask this question the moment Milla introduced herself. "What kind of Monster are you?" He asked.

Milla chuckled slightly, before flashing Drew a quick Grin, revealing the two fangs in her mouth. "I'm a Vampire" She replied. "Don't worry though, i'm not going to drink your blood. The school would kick me to the curb otherwise."

Drew gave a slightly forced smile. I can't believe THAT'S the reason she doesn't want to drink my blood. He thought exasperatedly.

After several minutes of reading the massive book, she shut it with a gray hand. With that, she glanced about the train. A vampire, many humans, some other monsters she didn't care to know about.. Socializing was never her thing, though she tried her best when she could. Otherwise, others saw her as a recluse (even going as far as to be called creepy), one who loved to read ancient books and tomes - often in Latin, or runes that were foreign to the human eye.

A very tall girl with waist-length shiny red hair and a blue track uniform on walked into the car. She looked at everyone, then walked over to Tomoko and sat down next to her. Neither looked at each other or spoke, but based on the redhead's size and their level of comfort with one another, one could assume that the redhead was Tomoko's bodyguard.

Kiyoko crossed her arms and legs and closed her eyes, listening to the rest of the car for any danger while Tomoko kept reading her dictionary.

Lowering her head once more, Ari lost herself in her thoughts. School was something she never looked forward to. Despite the fact that there were so many monsters here, she was amongst the population that was teased for differences. Of course, they all shut up on a whim, thanks to her abilities. However, she hoped she'd maybe make a friend or two this year.

In the Acid Jungles, Skolg Krauvando and his kin are rulers, the most venomous of all the inhabitants of the jungle. But here, in this foreign land, things were different. This was not Acid Jungle, where blades and venom could solve every problem. Here, one have to be social and friendly to fit in, and socializing with humans bore him to death. He even had to wear human clothes to make him look less scary. He wore a black swallowtail suit with a white shirt underneath, a pair of black trousers held by a brown belt, and Skolg wonders how humans can even move in this suit.

The Pit Viper unzipped his bag and peeked inside. His mother had supplied him with books to entertain him in case he got bored during the trip to the school. There were copies of Plato's Republic and Aristotle's Ethics, written in greek on pages of yellowed linen, and Emperor Claudius' autobiography in Latin, some writings of Julius Caesar, and a book about antidotal herbs, which Skolg knew so well he had almost memorized it. There were works in native Pit Viperian tongue as well, folk tales he had found amusing, and several beautifully illuminated works in a foreign language he could not read. Sighing, the half human half snake creature took out Emperor Claudius' autobiography and flipped the pages open.

Gaston entered the car looking around at his new classmates. He took note of who was around. Some guy bothering a girl with a tome, some girl reading a dictionary...Who read a dictionary? The others seemed to be talking, and another with books that were interesting if you liked Philosophy. He remembered having to read them for class, but never particularly enjoyed them. He much preferred fiction, or non-fiction of a different kind. Such as the book he pulled out of his bag as he sat down. A book on the many different creatures, and even a section on humans.

Sitting in the corner, his back against the wall, Xavier Drake's eyes were closed and he was idly shuffling a deck of cards with one hand. It was clearly a practiced trick, one that had now become something he could do idly. He was passing the time, anxious to get back to the school.

His right hand was resting on his chin, supporting his head and making it look as if he was almost falling asleep. But it was an act, one that allowed him to somewhat observe the rest of the students in the car. He tried to always put his training into observational skills and spycraft into practice as he knew these skills would be important after graduation.

When Ari looked up, Lesath couldn't shake the feeling there was something off about her. It took him a moment to realize that her pupils were shaped like Xs. It was pretty metal. Lesath saw that she had returned to her book, so decided to take out his own spellbook. He unzipped his bag and took out a laptop. An old old laptop. The thing was beige, and had many scuffs and scratches covering it. It was how Lesath learned to use magic, so he had spent a lot of time going through it. It was a pain in the ass.

It was running Windows 95, but searching was disabled. So he had to look through files manually. Many of the spells he had found required materials that he simply couldn't afford. Luckily, he had been promised a research grant for attending the school. The laptop did have a lot of old video games on it. Most of them had obtuse, complicated rules, but the one he had beaten had taught him how to make his wand, so he figured they were the best lead. On this occasion, Lesath decided to have a crack at a game called Labyrinth.

Labyrinth was an old first-person game where the player had to navigate a maze. The problem was that every move the player made would cause the labyrinth to rearrange. Lesath felt like there was a pattern to it, but the other problem was that all the text was in Ancient Greek. After a while of playing, Lesath gave up. He shut the laptop and looked at Ari. She wasn't reading her book any more, so Lesath decided to strike up a conversation.

"So are you a sorcerer too?" Lesath asked.

Myn was definitely a bit bored, but found the perfect target for the first day back. "Gaston, buddy!" She yelled out, walking over to the boy. "How was your summer?" She knew that he couldn't talk back, but she was just mostly there to mess with him.

Gaston jumped in surprise at Myn. They had classes together so he knew her from class. That was about it. He gave a thumbs up to indicate that it went well. And then he motioned in a way of asking about her. Had to be polite after all.

"Mine was a little boring," she stood above him while he read. "I went to the beach, though," her tone was more quiet as she looked down at the book he was reading. "Oh, is that a bestiary? What edition?" She leaned in, moving her face to the same level as his to try and look closer.

Myn raised an eyebrow at his reaction, leaning in closer. "What's up?" She smirked. "Scared of me or something, Mr. Phoenix?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom