• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Noibat-Useless or Not?

pokepal_123

Reaction score
Okay, so this has been a controversial topic so far but what do you think about Noibat and do you think that it needs more focus especially since it hasn't had any screentime at all post its capture-episodes and hasn't even used a move yet.

Do you also feel that Noibat should have gone to Serena rather than Ash considering it hardly contributes to his team.

That's a bit harsh. He hasn't been on the team very long. Give him time :)

Besides, Ash has had worse *coughMukcough*

Noibat hasn't get any focus episodes yet. So lets give it time. It still have a lot of episodes left to develop, all the league is happening very early is nothing more than a speculation. There will be time where Noibat can develop and contribute.

And Noibat isn't even useless as of this moment. It is not used in battle, but it helped Talonflame to showcase its ability, it helped Hawlucha to discover its caring and humorous side. These are valuable developments that will be challenge for writers to duplicate its success. And all their interactions in the Sky Relay challenge is the most memorable interaction i can think of.

All in all, Noibat is not useless in battles because its not used at all for now. Its like in sports where a club signed a new youth player, it might sit on the bench and who can say that player is bad? Even if he started out slow, who can say he wouldn't be good?

And Noibat is not useless outside battles because of it brought out characters from Ash's Pokemons. Which is a great deal because not a lot of Ash's Pokemon have personalities, while most only have one or two quirks. And Echo location is proven to be awesome for traveling, which is exactly what Ash is doing.

Last edited:
In my opinion it is. They should never have given it to Ash. It's just as much a filler as the flying competition ep was. They could have given it to Serena or Clemont as well and just made a joined Team for the flying competition filler if they had to make that filler in the first place.

It's just a few episodes, may be it's development will be later on, we should give Noibat more time though

Noibat has unfortunately had very little focus yet. We haven't had a major episode for Noibat since the episode after it was captured. We can't put this kind of judgement on Noibat yet, but with some proper development and time, Noibat could turn into a potential powerhouse once it evolves into Noivern.

Needs more focus episodes and development =/= useless.

Noibat has already proven helpful to Ash, so it's already not useless. It just needs more focus, that's all.

In my opinion it is. They should never have given it to Ash. It's just as much a filler as the flying competition ep was. They could have given it to Serena or Clemont as well and just made a joined Team for the flying competition filler if they had to make that filler in the first place.

That wasn't really a filler since that's where Noibat learned how to fly. In regards to the topic of this thread, I don't think it's useless and I think Noibat will get some focus soon.

Noibat is no way useless. We're in XY085 and XY090 is the furthest we know. Between XY076 to where we are at now (XY085), Noibat appeared in half of those and out of those 5, two of those episode are when Noibat had a major role, the other 2 are when Noibat is used (notably XY082) and one is only as a minor role.

I don't think we can measure its usefulness if it hasn't even had screen-time to measure. I feel that once it gets focus episodes, most likely after the 7th gym battle, then Noibat will eventually start to carry its weight on Ash's team (as well as win over our hearts).

Not to mention, it did prove useful in the Mamoswine episode.

I think Noibat could prove useful. If it evolves then it may suit Ash's battling style more but otherwise its out of battle skills could be useful.

>implying Ash and friends won't soon be accepting Noivern as their lord and savior

I would like to remind everybody of Dawn's Swinub: a Pokemon that didn't get any real focus until it evolved into a Piloswine in the Darkrai episode. Once it evolved into Mamoswine, it turned out to be one of Dawn's most used and focused Pokemon.

Noibat may get similar treatment here.

I don't think Noibat is useless. I think it's just that Ash is probably looking for the right time to use Noibat in a battle because it's still a baby. Besides, the only move it knows is Supersonic and I dunno how a Pokemon with only one move would be useful in a battle for now.

Besides, it was caught in XY076, and we're in XY086. It's only been ten episodes since Noibat's capture. Not all Pokemon hatched from eggs should be competent battlers.

Examples:

-Misty's Togepi was hatched from an egg, and we never seen it in a battle. (besides the Ash vs Misty battle for Totodile)
-Ash's Phanpy didn't really get a lot of focus (if I remember correctly...) until AG where it came along Ash's travels through the Battle Frontier and evolved into a Donphan.
-Larvitar didn't really belong to Ash and it didn't really fight as much.
-Misty's Azurill didn't even have that much screen time.
-May's Eevee didn't participate in its first contest until about ten episodes after it hatched.
-Brock's Happiny didn't really battle much.
-Dawn's Cyndaquil did participate in its first battle a few episodes after its debut, but it was most likely because her opponents weren't strong trainers.
-Ash's Scraggy didn't really fight as much and was pretty much just used as a sparring partner for Axew and then finally had major focus many episodes later during the Clubsplosion episodes where it learned Focus Blast, but its aim was terrible. It was only used in one Gym Battle--I think it was against Brycen.

So I don't really know why you're complaining about Noibat when these baby Pokemon didn't get a lot of focus until later episodes.

Ash Noibat will be great soon
don't forget its baby pokemon look at Ash scraggy who was super weak now got a lot stronger from Ash special tranning
Ash Noibat will do well in battles just needs time
Then will evolve into Noivern and become a lot more stronger

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom