• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Noivern vs. Crobat

Gotta go with Noivern on this one. It's interesting to see a dragon type that isn't all about pure power or defense but rather utility. Speedy super fangs and u-turns followed by a boomburst are a good way to keep yourself entertained with this one.

Crobaaat! Although Noivern's design is very cool looking, I won't deny that. I managed to raise a Crobat once and it was just awesome.

I have both on my in-game team, and it's been mandatory for me to have a Crobat named Poptart on my team since Pokemon Leafgreen.
But my vote goes to Noivern.

Crobat is one of the Pokemon that I've been most disappointed with as an evolution. The ball was dropped on the Golbat evolution - it could have been so much better. Also, as a Final Fantasy & general RPG fan for years, I've been waiting for a wyvern-based Pokemon. Noivern for the win.

Crobat. Noivern's design is a bit too busy for my tastes. Plus, Poison > Dragon any day.

I chose Noivern because of that sleek, dragon-like design, but Crobat... I like him a lot, too. He's so useful in battle and his design isn't bad, either!

Noivern all the way, its design is awesome. Crobat has a really mediocre design in my opinion.

never liked noivern's design
still don't

crobat on the other hand was my second favorite pokemon for quite a long time. It's fallen a ton since then, but I still like it. It and golbat look amazing in Colo, XD, and PBR...especially golbat. I actually prefer golbat to crobat now, mostly due to these models. Seriously, they're some of my favorites in the series, it looks like some derpy vampire wannabe with an obsession with flapping its tongue everywhere. Golbat would probably be one of my top favorite pokemon if its XY model wasn't so ass terrible, making me vastly less interested in the mon. Crobat's XY model isn't winning any awards either, but I can tolerate it.

Crobat. He's so badass that he's the only nonlegendary to have the highest BST in one of his types. Noivern lacks that.

Good match-up! Both of these are very special too me, as I used both of them too beat Elite 4 in their respective games. Also, both are in my battle deck for tgc. But I will have too say Noivern. I think he has the better design, though I'm pretty sure Crobat has better stats. But for the most part, I vote according to design. There is another sub-forum for that. I think. But come on, Noivern is just awesome! And in the anime, he eats people's heads! How cool is that?!?

They're bot awesome, but Noivern is better! Noivern is one of my favorite Pokémon. I really like its colors and its movepool!

Crobat by a long, long shot. The thought of actually catching one of those many annoying Zubat and caring for it enough to evolve from Golbat really gives Crobat the sort of appeal that Noivern lacks. I also happen to dislike all the early hype Noivern got.

Noivern. Crobat looks like he was up too late last night and didn't get enough coffee this morning.

Crobat. But it's not like I'm biased or anything. :)

@Gengarzilla: This guy gets it. By extension, I always loved that team leaders tend to have one in spite of Crobat being a friendship-based evolution. Maxie, Gladion, and Silver come to mind. I associate Crobat with people who might be working against you but aren't necessarily bad people.

I love Crobat and it's superior competitively, but I like Noivern more because it's not a terrible Pokemon, and because of the sheer ridiculousness of a DRAGON FRUIT BAT HYBRID. I love how weird Dragon Pokemon have gotten.

Look No Offence to Noivern its just to like intricate and Crobat is well Slick cool and is pretty dang good.

I like Noivern a little more, but it’s hard. They’re partly two of my favorite types: Poison and Dragon. They both look pretty cool, and have good power in battle. Noivern’s design is better, so I like it more.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom