• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Noivern vs. Crobat

Noivern's design is cluttered and a bit awkward, I don't like it. It's not terrible, but it's not good, either. I'm not big on it at all.

Meanwhile, I've always appreciated crobat's sleek, simple and fairly intimidating design. Its face looks especially freakish in Colosseum/XD/PBR (and in its Melee trophy), which never ceased to both amuse and creep me out. Both in a good way. Golbat in those games is fantastic too, if just for its animations. I even like zubat, it's cute, and the complete lack of eyes is a rarity in this series.

in terms of competitive pokemon, both are decent overall. They have two pretty obvious similarities in a very high speed stat, and the ability Infiltrator. Noivern is more of an offensive pokemon, with useful moves like air slash, flamethrower, hurricane, draco meteor, boomburst, etc. Meanwhile, crobat's movepool and typing lends it to being more of a fast status abuser with acceptable bulk and decent power. Of the two, Crobat is probably the more useful overall, because its niche is less common than Noivern's. It's also more interesting to use, since noivern is mostly only useful for attacking.

ages ago, Crobat held the position of my second favorite pokemon. I don't like it nearly as much as I used to, but it's still cool.

Last edited:
Noivern. Cool design, nice type combo, and it doesn't remind me of Zubat. Which is a huge point in its favour :D

Design-wise I really like both of them, but I think I like Crobat just a tad more. Don't get me wrong, Noivern looks really awesome (y'know, because it's a dragon-bat hybrid, and I love both of those things), but I prefer Crobat for the simple reason that it's design is more appealing to me, and not too cluttered, which I find Noivern's kinda is (like the pointless purple colouring on its wings for example).
I've never used either of them before, so I can't comment on what they're like to battle with.

This one is hard, because I've liked Crobat since it was introduced and it is a cool-looking Mon, a huge improvement o Golbat. But Noivern is quickly growing on my and design-wise it does look cooler with its sleek body and long wings and tail.

Maybe in terms of attachment, Crobat still wins. But Noivern probably wins in all other criteria.

Crobat, because it's been on almost every game I played (except white). I really enjoyed using it in-game, and am lucky to have it in my Omega Ruby nuzlocke too. It's really helpful. I don't hate Noivern and love it's design a lot more than Crobat's, but my vote stands (or flies) for Crobat.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom