• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Pokemon Unpopular/Controverisal opinions

the internet has ruined the matrix and american psycho. """"sigma males"""" and incels alike have used the red pill blue pill as slang for their own sexist rhetoric, and completely misunderstanding that the whole movie is a metaphor about being trans. patrick bateman has become a symbol for """"sigma males"""" and their own incredibly sexist thoughts about women, while misunderstanding that the movie is literally a satire on hypermasculinity and capitalism.

This maybe could go in writer’s workshop and is maybe not completely controversial and does sort of apply to Pokémon and everything though I feel like this place will do and also I just sort of wanted to get this off my head too

In all storytelling, I have the opinion that everything the writer or “owner” of the story does is not necessarily canon or what is completely true. There is no such thing as a true Canon Universe. Yes, there may be one universe a company based the series off of but that doesn’t mean that everything they did after a certain movie is really true.

Even with smaller stories, what happens in the second chapter isn’t necessarily what happens after the first chapter. The reader is the one that can determine if the second chapter really has occurred after the first one. I do understand how this can be weird, but I believe a reader can interpret things any way they want in way intentional and unintentional and good and bad. I do believe that the creator/owner will usually have the most correct interpretations of the story though the reader doesn’t have to believe them.

I wasn’t really pleased with the way Disney was handling Star Wars and I realized that the Disney Canon is not the end-all be-all. And I also realized that this applied to many other things too

The Internet has ruined many things, actually. I actually think social media was a step in the wrong direction that society will take a while to recover from, and wholeheartedly hope that some psychologists' predictions about Generation Alpha valuing privacy most as adults will turn out true. Data has become a product, the amount of over-exposition is stressful for the most introverted people...

Thankfully headcanons are a thing too, anyone is allowed to believe whatever they are want.

My unpopular opinion is probably that the Disney Star Wars trilogy was not that bad. Especially The Last Jedi. It got too much hate, just because it had the gall to actually shake things up, but in such a long-lasting franchise, shake ups like these are a good option once in a while. Even Pokemon did it in ways that I do not necessarily like, especially with the last two gens. But even if I feel "left behind" it is probably for the better.

People rag on others for enjoying music "because it sounds auto-tuned" or "it's not real music". The whole point of music is for the artist to express themselves and the listener to enjoy said musical expression; if one does not like it, that's their right, but how exactly does it matter in this relationship?

It's irritating to look at the comments of a music video and see one person like "I like this song/good singing/this is catchy/etc." and then someone has to bash them condescendingly like "uh actually it's auto-tuned..." as if such a thing were some grand revelation.

I hate dubstep with a burning passion and think most modern pop music is overproduced, unoriginal grot, but if someone likes listening to it then clearly they see something that I don't. Good for them! Why should anyone care so much?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no such thing as "real" or "fake" music. What is the point of gatekeeping music as a concept or maybe just its quality? I also do not like dubstep, rap and reggae and some other genres but never would I think they are less "real".

Not a huge fan of zoos either, but amusement parks, as well as many extreme sports, feel unnecessarily dangerous. Even with all the security precautions, accidents happen. So I would rather avoid them all.

• star wars is boring
  • i thought liking the cream more than the cookie, in terms of oreos, was more controversial? anyway the cream is better
  • minecraft is overrated
  • so is among us
  • and on that subject, the among us memes are some of the least funny on the entire planet
  • ffvii is the only truly good final fantasy game
  • cheese pizza is by far the best kind of pizza
im sure i'll think of more later but this is what ive got for now

The Caramelldansen dance makes me cringe. I feel as though I'm watching a bunch of character doing a shameful dance after losing a bet and can only feel sympathy towards whoever is dancing this way. At least the song itself isn't bad.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom