• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Pokemon Unpopular/Controverisal opinions

Although I love watching movies, I think the movie theater experience is vastly overrated for a number of reasons. I haven't missed it at all during the pandemic. I do feel bad for all the theater employees who lost their jobs during the pandemic though.
Nothing like sitting down in a messy room and getting all dirty to watch a mediocre film with strangers, am I right?

Nothing like sitting down in a messy room and getting all dirty to watch a mediocre film with strangers, am I right?
Oh absolutely. Not to mention everything is extremely overpriced. A lot of people also have no manners in movie theaters. It's not too bad where I live, but when it does happen (talking, phones, invading personal space, etc.) it's extremely annoying. Watching movies at home isn't the be-all-end-all but I do vastly prefer it over movie theaters.

Movie theaters are gross. I haven't been to one in over five years. Plus, there are lots of other downsides that can be avoided by renting/streaming/etc. the movie at home instead, like the volume at theaters (too loud for me), and the ability to pause the movie if you need to go to the bathroom or something else like that. A lot of my memories of movie theaters are having to go to the bathroom really badly but having to wait until the end of the movie.

I think we needed Cats (2019). I'm not saying it's a good movie. They really messed up with the plot and music (Sideways did a really good video on what exactly went wrong), but I think the world needed a movie as weird as Cats (2019)
(Also on the subject of movie theaters, Cats was the last movie I saw in theaters before the pandemic)

Talking about a very popular franchise, I think Star Wars is immensely overrated. I don't think the movies are bad, but for me they're only okay at most. I'd much rather the Marvel movies for instance.

Although I love watching movies, I think the movie theater experience is vastly overrated for a number of reasons. I haven't missed it at all during the pandemic. I do feel bad for all the theater employees who lost their jobs during the pandemic though.

I think I like the idea of the theatre experience more than the actual experience, because the lightning rarely strikes. More often than not I leave the cinema with a terrible headache

I think we needed Cats (2019). I'm not saying it's a good movie. They really messed up with the plot and music (Sideways did a really good video on what exactly went wrong)
Fun fact: I ended 2020 and started 2021 watching that video on Cats. But yeah, a lot of the problems had to do with Tom Hooper, the plot and music, and the terrifying CG cats.

I pour my milk into the bowl before the cereal. I don't even pour the cereal into the bowl in one serving, I put small spoon-size servings of cereal into the bowl and then add more once I've eaten that.

I freakin hate those intentionally misspelling word memes like thick spelled like thicc it just makes me really angry for some inexplicable reason and I wish people could just spell stuff normally sometimes

I hate memes. Like I fucking hate pretty much all of them with the exception of Doge and Grumpy Cat. Every other meme sucks.

People hating a certain piece of media a lot just makes me more interested in checking it out. If people aare complaining about something and giving it hate, then I generally feel I need to see it usually ,not always. There are some exceptions like if I believe the subject matter is either triggering to me or very harmful in some other way

"Revolution 9" by The Beatles is kind of fun.
As a massive Beatles-fan, Revolution 9 is always my easy to-go answer for worst Beatles song.

I can see what you mean though, there's definitely nothing like it. And how The Beatles went from "She Loves You, Yeah Yeah Yeah" to "Revolution 9" in the span of only 5 years is pretty amusing to me.

As a massive Beatles-fan, Revolution 9 is always my easy to-go answer for worst Beatles song.

I can see what you mean though, there's definitely nothing like it. And how The Beatles went from "She Loves You, Yeah Yeah Yeah" to "Revolution 9" in the span of only 5 years is pretty amusing to me.
"When I'm Sixty Four" would be, as of right now, my least favorite, both because I just don't like it and because we had to sing it in chorus at the terrible school I used to go to (so bad memories). "Revolution 9" seems to be the one of, if not the most divisive Beatles song.

Also only five years between "She Loves You" and "Revolution 9"??? I never realized that.

GOOBA by 6ix9ine is a HORRIBLE song. And 6ix9ine is NOT a good rapper. But Gooba hits really hard, and I really like the beat. *searches Gooba instrumental*

Auto tune by itself isn’t bad. It aggravates me when a) people think it’s dishonest b) they don’t realize studio albums have already been Frankenstein’d into an unnaturally perfect performance and/or c) they treat it as a magic formula to make anyone sing well. (This isn’t in response to Mewthree’s post or anything, it just crossed my mind when I saw it.)

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom