• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

Also, the Wishing Star could actually just be a piece of the meteorite that Eternatus arrived in.

Still its a item if a pokemon would get one and you had a Y ring could it D-max or Gigantamax in other regions?

Still its a item if a pokemon would get one and you had a Y ring could it D-max or Gigantamax in other regions?
If the Dynamaxing energy did somehow spread to other regions, then it could be possible.

If the Dynamaxing energy did somehow spread to other regions, then it could be possible.
The energy is in places where the meteorite is. Thats why raids and its somehow related with Eternatus. To D-max or G-max you need a special place. A trainer with Y-ring and pokemon needs no object? That means that the ground is full of them in those places... If some parts landed in other regions? Also think the profesor will find it out and create Y-ball for pokes to D-max and G-max(still only the special species)... Will make it more easy in future. Raids are cool but you can still only use one in battle. Realy hope in gen 4 to get a confrontation with them and Megas. It makes sense that if the Y-ring collects that energy maybe it uses the trainers and maybe pokemons energy? And under ground is enough wish star(meteorite) that allows the form change. Would be cool to use Megas and this in future sometimes and confront them even with Z-moves.

Where’s the face of Eternamax Eternatus? Is it the "claw"?

Seeing its part Dragon type, I like to think that the Claw's fingers are heads themselves, each finger tip being a small dragon like head because the tips open up like mouths. Being primarily Poison type, it could reference a hydra-like design, done in such a way in resembles a claw.

Spectrobes had a similar design with the Thunder Geo, Fulvina, which looked like a gigantic squid, but its tentacles were vaguely dragon-head shaped, albeit with no mouths.

latest

Last edited:
So 5 star raids fits the difficulty. Pokemon can now have 2 shield phases, and this is definitely better to play with friends, cause solo ai is to dumb to act at this level.

Interesting move and Ability tid-bits:
  • Howl now affects both teammates if used during a Double Battle.
  • Snipe Shot does have an increased critical hit-ratio (which means Scald no longer outclasses it, automatically).
  • The Ripen Ability doubles the health recovered by Leftovers as well.
Where did you find this? Cause I really want Snipe shot to have that secondary effect.

Interesting move and Ability tid-bits:
  • Howl now affects both teammates if used during a Double Battle.
  • Snipe Shot does have an increased critical hit-ratio (which means Scald no longer outclasses it, automatically).
  • The Ripen Ability doubles the health recovered by Leftovers as well.
Sounds like a behind text effect like Water Bubble

Circhester is fucking beautiful

Snipe Shot does have an increased critical hit-ratio (which means Scald no longer outclasses it, automatically).

I thought it seemed like I was getting weirdly lucky with that...

sinistea/polteageist details

I love this and hate this
I'd prefer authentic but I'm not going to bother.

Same on both of these!

So I in today I got me 2 gigantamaxes, 1 in particular gave me trouble. I caught Butterfree and Sandaconda

I got three Gigs Butterfrees within two hours - 2 raids spawned on my game, 1 on my wife's, one of the ones on my game was the result of using a wishing piece or whatever it's called- the increased spawn rate on Butterfree is very obvious at the moment. Haven't had any other Gigas show yet though.

Same on both of these!

I got three Gigs Butterfrees within two hours - 2 raids spawned on my game, 1 on my wife's, one of the ones on my game was the result of using a wishing piece or whatever it's called- the increased spawn rate on Butterfree is very obvious at the moment. Haven't had any other Gigas show yet though.
That is true. Only gigs I've found were the increased rate ones. Which says a lot about how rare the others are

Anyone else think Eternatus should have been Poison/Psychic typing, regarding its cosmic nature, seeing as extraterrestial PKMN are often classed as Psychic type?

Maybe, but then again, we needed the third legend to be a Dragon, like always. /s

That is GF for you. National Dex nonsense is one thing, but what really grates my teeth is how some designs invoke a typing combo, yet do not get that typing.

I think this game actually has a justification for a Dragon legendary this time, since "heroes slay the dragon" is a common trope that fits nicely with the ZWolves' theme.

Maybe, but they could have gone with a dragon-like looking Pokémon without making it Dragon type, and go with a brand new Poison/Psychic typing instead for Eternatus. There's enough Mons with such a obvious design, yet don't have the types their looks should support. I mean, its second form isn't really dragon-like, and even I had to come up with a flimsy explanation to fit in the Dragon type.

Psychic type would have made sense, because Psychic is all kinds of weird in design, and that would also fit the whole "gigantic death claw from space" form, seeing its so otherworldly.

Also it would have reflected/contrasted against Zacian and Zamazenta's main typings pretty nicely:

Poison being the natural enemy of Zacian's Fairy type, and Psychic being the natural enemy of Zamazenta's Fighting type. Would fit with the lore, because their Steel type is literally the only thing that blocks/reduces the power of Eternatus's typings.

Last edited:
I mean if we're talking "logic" then there's more reason for Eternatus to be Dragon than there is for it to be Poison. But being Psychic/Dragon would make it even more of a Necrozma ersatz than it already is.

I imagine it boiled down less to lore and more to game balance/type distribution.

I mean if we're talking "logic" then there's more reason for Eternatus to be Dragon than there is for it to be Poison. But being Psychic/Dragon would make it even more of a Necrozma imitator than it already is.

I imagine it boiled down less to lore and more to game balance/type distribution.

Fair point, but that could have been easily fixed with making Eternatus into Psychic/Poison instead, and there's not many prime legends that are Psychic type (omitting most of the Mythicals here). Would be refreshing, because there's a lot of dragon-legends already. Poison I can still see working from a cosmic theme perspective, that being Dynamax energy is a sort of cosmic radiation, and cosmic rays are harmful.

As for game balance....Zacian pretty much beats it in the type department, being immune to both its types, being literally its only check.

Also, Eternabeam? That is pretty much a psychic-type attack in look and feel, unless one wants to argue that the hand opens up like a dragon's mouth splitting up open into five directions before revealing its eye in its palm.

It looks more to me GF is using Dragon-type as the type for all things not fitting into any other type, regardless if they look dragon-like or not.

Last edited:
Fair point, but that could have been easily fixed with making Eternatus into Psychic/Poison, instead, although you'd get that annoyance of there being too many prime-type Psychic legends. Poison I can still see working from a cosmic theme perspective, that being Dynamax energy is a sort of cosmic radiation, and cosmic rays are harmful.

Ehhh... that feels like a stretch. The Alola trio were all about cosmic radiation too, and for them, it got filed under Psychic, because radiation of that sort is just electromagnetic waves/light (and near as we can tell, Galar particles aren't particularly harmful - Dynamax isn't detrimental to anything, it just warps spatial fabric). I don't think there'd be a chance at all of that getting interpreted as Poison; other then Eternatus, literally every Poison type that exists fits clearly into themes of actual toxins, acids, or secretions.

Ehhh... that feels like a stretch. The Alola trio were all about cosmic radiation too, and for them, it got filed under Psychic, because radiation of that sort is just electromagnetic waves/light (and near as we can tell, Galar particles aren't particularly harmful - Dynamax isn't detrimental to anything, it just warps spatial fabric). I don't think there'd be a chance at all of that getting interpreted as Poison; other then Eternatus, literally every Poison type that exists fits clearly into themes of actual toxins, acids, or secretions.

You got a point there. Can't argue with that much. Just trying to see if I can make sense of GF's logic....which sometimes doesn't make sense. This only strengthens the idea, it should have been part Psychic at least. The design screams it, especially its Eternamax form, of which I have a harder time trying to make its Dragon type fit.

The only other thing I can see why it has a Poison typing is because it has a death theme going on, as poison when used as a elemental power is often associated with death, explaining its skeletal dragon-like form, and its supposedly "evil" role. The skeletal design elements still carry on forward into its Eternamax form. There's also the description on Bulbapedia saying a part of his name may be taken from Thanatos, a Greek God of Death.

This would be super odd, because Dynamax energy comes from Eternatus and its species is called "Gigantic Pokémon". Not the "Death Pokémon", seeing as we already had Yveltal with that theme in the form of "Destruction". Its one of those things I raise my eyebrow on regarding GF's assigning of types to Pokémon designs and naming.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom