• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

Not sure still if movepools should be added yet or put a link to the pastebin with all the moves (like the Spaceworld datamine had).
whatever, that works too

not sure if you were planning to do this already, but for the new moves and abilities, you should list the pokemon that get them in the new moves and new abilities sections

and for the new items section, you should include lists of all pokemon that can viably use those items, paired with explanations for each that are at least one paragraph in length

...bet you can't guess which of those I'm not being serious about

That’s exciting! But are these claims reliable?
Is this true? I don't want to be pranked a third time.

Those claims are from a Super Moderator on Smogon, who is also working on a datamine thread. So, unless he has been fooled as well, the claims are legit.

But of course, just like with everything nowadays, it’s best to take everything with a pinch of salt.

@prog rocker, I'm sorry that I'm pestering you with questions, but would it be possible to create a category for the evolution methods for new Pokemon--at least for new and/or non-standard methods such as evolution by trade--or would that be more suited for another thread? Also, how will you handle cross-gen (pre)evolutions? Thanks.

@prog rocker, I'm sorry that I'm pestering you with questions, but would it be possible to create a category for the evolution methods for new Pokemon--at least for new and/or non-standard methods such as evolution by trade--or would that be more suited for another thread? Also, how will you handle cross-gen (pre)evolutions? Thanks.
I think a "evolves from X at Y level and/or Z method" line could work.

Ex: Raticate: Normal, Run Away/Guts (Hidden: Hustle), evolves from Rattata at level 20.

Same with cross-gen evos.

Those claims are from a Super Moderator on Smogon, who is also working on a datamine thread. So, unless he has been fooled as well, the claims are legit.

But of course, just like with everything nowadays, it’s best to take everything with a pinch of salt.

My understanding is several gamestops have received the shipment of the games. This does not mean the games are going to leak right away. Gamestop has a keyholder policy to prevent this sort of a thing (it happens anyways mind you) only the more trustworthy employees are given keys and most gamestops have two or three locked doors between the public room and the back room where all the unreleased games are kept.

This policy is far from foolproof as many have seen. But it usually holds up for a little bit before the physical copy leaks.

Excellent set up, Prog. And thanks for suggesting the separate starter evo tag, AquaDeoxys. I haven't decided if I'm gonna spoil myself on the new pokémon yet, but I definitely wanna know if any of the starters gain the Dark type.

- counter strategies against D-max and G-max pokemon.
would be good to know if the encore and disable combo will work?
-the differences between D and G-max.

I think that 2 generations dark type are like 2 gen fighting after each other.

Awesome work can't wait to load this up the day of the dateline. I do have one thing to suggest. I believe the game and story elements are being handled in separate threads, but is it possible to not have Gym Leaders and Returning Charcters in the non-story pokemon datemine. If not, then I'll just look at the first page and leave, but I think it be cool for other people to discuss the game elements here and not risk spoiling the other stuff. Thank you for the thread.

My understanding is several gamestops have received the shipment of the games. This does not mean the games are going to leak right away. Gamestop has a keyholder policy to prevent this sort of a thing (it happens anyways mind you) only the more trustworthy employees are given keys and most gamestops have two or three locked doors between the public room and the back room where all the unreleased games are kept.

This policy is far from foolproof as many have seen. But it usually holds up for a little bit before the physical copy leaks.
Link to the Smogon thread?

Truly doing God's work, @prog rocker . I think some of the requests are getting a little... specific and nitpicky, so don't feel burdened to cater to every single organization wish. This is volunteer work, after all.

Also thanks for disclaiming that this isn't a story thread! Much appreciated.

- counter strategies against D-max and G-max pokemon.
would be good to know if the encore and disable combo will work?
-the differences between D and G-max.

I think that 2 generations dark type are like 2 gen fighting after each other.
First one is impossible to me, since I'm not a competitive player. The second one maybe..

Awesome work can't wait to load this up the day of the dateline. I do have one thing to suggest. I believe the game and story elements are being handled in separate threads, but is it possible to not have Gym Leaders and Returning Charcters in the non-story pokemon datemine. If not, then I'll just look at the first page and leave, but I think it be cool for other people to discuss the game elements here and not risk spoiling the other stuff. Thank you for the thread.
In the case of returning characters, I'll only show their appearance, and in the case of Gym Leaders, that and their specialty type (and if they are version exclusive). The rest can go to the story thread. Doesn't help that those are requested things here.

In the case of returning characters, I'll only show their appearance, and in the case of Gym Leaders, that and their specialty type (and if they are version exclusive). The rest can go to the story thread. Doesn't help that those are requested things here.

Thank you, understood.

Sorry you might want to ask Cresselia92, I was not referring to the smogon thread but the knowledge I have from people I know who work at gamestop and from working at gamestop myself.

Edit: To clarify I don't work at gamestop anymore but I used to. Also, I still have friends who work there.

Sorry you might want to ask Cresselia92, I was not referring to the smogon thread but the knowledge I have from people I know who work at gamestop and from working at gamestop myself.

Edit: To clarify I don't work at gamestop anymore but I used to. Also, I still have friends who work there.

The Smogon datamine is closed off to the public in the mean time. They did something like this with Sun and Moon where they had a discussion thread similar to bulbapedia ( Here's Smgon's equivalent Pokemon Sword & Shield Discussion RD: 15/11/2019 ) The thing to note about that datamine was that the thread I linked is probably going to get locked and the last post will have a link to the datamine. There's also Kurt (https://twitter.com/Kaphotics) and Micheal (https://twitter.com/SciresM) who are the master minds behind the datamine and where you are going to see the info first. Currently as of now there is nothing but a meme page saying they "got it". Because of how you can't just hack a pre-load, most people are going to have to wait on a physical copy escaping a store front, which is guarded behind several locked doors with keys only available to trusted employees. However, and I wish I had the source for this, but the masterminds apparently have an insider who will give them a copy early. However, we won't expect anything for at least a week. I know the wait can be antagonizing, but it will happen. If I was to give you an estimate, expect the 7th, or the 8th (a week before release).

Back
Top Bottom