• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

that you can obtain any Pokemon via the internet is irrelevant; the fact of the matter is that those pokemon came from an older game.

I fail to see how the ability to obtain Pokémon is not relevant but their origins are. We’re talking about roster size, right? Irregardless of their origins, there was still a relatively easy way to obtain those Pokémon. You said they were locked behind playing other games when that isn’t exactly true.

I fail to see how the ability to obtain Pokémon is not relevant but their origins are. We’re talking about roster size, right? Irregardless of their origins, there was still a relatively easy way to obtain those Pokémon. You said they were locked behind playing other games when that isn’t exactly true.
think of it this way: i'm a kid and USUM is my first game. big fan of cats and i want a Glameow. how do i get one? trimming out some of the fat of the story, i get one because someone had brought up one from Pearl or ORAS. no matter what in this case, the Glameow is going to have come from someone who brought up theirs from Pearl or ORAS; maybe it's a few eggs removed from Patient Zero, but nonetheless without having someone who played Pearl or ORAS, i would have no Glameow.

having a massive roster means nothing if it's all predicated on you or someone else having near-continuously played the series from the get-go.

having a massive roster means nothing if it's all predicated on you or someone else having near-continuously played the series from the get-go.

I disagree. Not only has the massive Pokemon roster not depended on someone having played past games before, I feel that as long as the monsters in the roster are easily accessible it's size should count. Yes, it hinges (mostly) on someone transferring their Pokemon, but that doesn't change the fact that almost the full extent of the roster is easily accessible for your average player.

Is there any info for the version exclusives? Also wondering how they handle the TM prize for the version exclusive gyms.

Is there any info for the version exclusives? Also wondering how they handle the TM prize for the version exclusive gyms.
I have seen some things related to version exclusives, but I don't know how reliable they are.

On the Gym question: Not sure. I feel that you're going to obtain the other TM later.

Do we get to see Leon in a normal outfit at all or is he stuck in that atrocious champion uniform?

Raboot sounds like a Steel type Pokemon. Also, congrats Piers, you are the oficially the first Dark-type Gym Leader ever.

Do we get to see Leon in a normal outfit at all or is he stuck in that atrocious champion uniform?
There are cards of Gym Leaders in alternate artwork (like Nessa's civilian clothing and unmasked Allister), but I won't post them here because some of them have major spoilers (as in, the ones I won't post here). Curiously enough, they didn't post Leon's cards IIRC.

So what I am going to assume is due to a lack of old legendaries, we will get them in mystery gifts, along with other pokemon (Cough Cough Ash Greninja and probably like 50,000 Pikachus). But damn the snap might ruin some in-game battling teams.

Back
Top Bottom