• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

Pokédex: "When Necrozma latches onto Lunala, it becomes vicious, seeing enemies everywhere it looks. It will burn the world with lasers."

Some men just want to watch the world burn

P
Of course Frosmoth is slow. Who'd guessed? Ice types always get the shaft. And no, its HA (Ice Scales) isn't going to do crap, because Rock moves like Rock Slide are physical. So unless I missed something, one of my favorite designs is slow as a snail and easily dead. Oh well, at least Zacian doesn't disappoint....does it?

That said, new Gigantamaxes revealed in Datamine:

Melmetal
Sandaconda
Toxtricity
Orbeetle
Appletun

The good thing is that you can forego Stealth Rock by equipping Frosmoth Heavy Duty Boots. At least it's something although Volcarona would've appreciated the item more.

Oh, you'd think, wouldn't you? But Rillaboom doesn't get Gorilla Tactics... It gets Grassy Surge. Gorilla Tactics is going to the Darumaka line.
I have Balanced Hackmons still. But meh, Darmantian will be an amazing sweeper
Rillaboom doesn't get Gorilla Tactics. It gets Grassy Surge as its Hidden Ability.
And yeah, I assumed

Huh. Celebi and Jirachi but no Johto and Hoenn starters. Six legendaries from Unova, nothing from Sinnoh or Kalos. That's very suspicious - my guess is that a third/version or sequel or remakes will have the remaining starters and Gen IV/VI legendaries.

If there's going to be a third version, I will forego getting Sword or Shield and wait for that. if its a sequel, I will get Sword at the very least.

Can someone confirm if corsola is catchable on both versions?

The existence of the foreign dex feels like backtracking on GF’s part. The E3 statement was:

"What this means for Pokemon Sword and Shield is that players will be able to transfer their Pokemon from Pokemon Home, only if they appear in the Galar region Pokedex.”

Wondering if the foreign dex leaves open the possibility to add in other cut mons via DLC and updates later on. They could simply be accessible in-game via raids, as I suspect the current Pokémon in the foreign dex are scheduled to be. Note that it’s not only Legendaries that appear in Go’s raids - I got a shiny Ekans from the local library today courtesy of the current Team Rocket event. At least the possibility is there.

Yes, I absolutely realise I’m setting myself up for disappointment. If you’re going to practice melodramatic self-loathing, do yourself some real hurt.

Does Cinderace getting Libero mean it will be good? If not, at least it's a cool Ability.

It's always sad losing moves, I personally liked Ice Ball and Signal Beam, but it's not as much of a massacre compared to LGPE, quite a lot of gimmicks are gone.
It's great that they are planning to do 6 mythical distributions between this game and the next, I hope all of them are easy to obtain and don't require buying something else. Also, Sinnoh remake hints keep pilling up...

Melmetal Gigantamax looks great, can't wait to see its model.

Any word on Version Exclusives?

The existence of the foreign dex feels like backtracking on GF’s part. The E3 statement was:

Wondering if the foreign dex leaves open the possibility to add in other cut mons via DLC and updates later on. They could simply be accessible in-game via raids, as I suspect the current Pokémon in the foreign dex are scheduled to be. Note that it’s not only Legendaries that appear in Go’s raids - I got a shiny Ekans from the local library today courtesy of the current Team Rocket event. At least the possibility is there.

Yes, I absolutely realise I’m setting myself up for disappointment. If you’re going to practice melodramatic self-loathing, do yourself some real hurt.

I just don't really understand these specific choices

Bulbasaur and Squirtle could (and should) have been part of the Galar Dex anyway. Nobody forced them to set the number at 400 exactly. And besides those, like... Mew and Meltan, I get. Cross-promotion. Arguably the Musketeers are as well, since they just started rolling out in GO. Mewtwo is popular, so I get that too. But why Marshadow and Zeraora without Magearna? Why the Cosmog and Kyurem families at all when those are probably the most story-bound and context-heavy Legendaries, and Ultra Necrozma doesn't come along for the ride? The Alola Starters... okay I guess, they're still somewhat in vogue, but Celebi and Jirachi? What made them so important?

Last edited:
Does Cinderace getting Libero mean it will be good? If not, at least it's a cool Ability.
Essentially it becomes Fire physical Greninja while a bit slower by a few points still great sweeper since it gets great moves like Gunk Shot, Zen Headbutt, Iron Head and its new signature move Pyro Ball a physical indirect Flare Blitz with no recoil!

I'm happy that Marshadow and Zeraora got in. Magearna was distributed by QR code quite early plus had a small bit of lore to it. Sadly the other two had none. I hope if they get distributed in Galar, we get to learn more about them.

My favorite starter line in Rowlet is back and I cannot believe it; didn't see that coming at all. Also, I really like the Grookey's Hidden Ability-thematic and functional (although it discourages the use of Earthquake...).

I just don't really understand these specific choices

Bulbasaur and Squirtle could (and should) have been part of the Galar Dex anyway. Nobody forced them to set the number at 400 exactly. And besides those, like... Mew and Meltan, I get. Cross-promotion. Mewtwo is popular, so I get that too. But why Marshadow and Zeraora without Magearna? Why the Cosmog and Kyurem families at all when those are probably the most story-bound and context-heavy Legendaries, and Ultra Necrozma doesn't come along for the ride? The Alola Starters... okay I guess, they're still somewhat in vogue, but Celebi and Jirachi? What made them so important?

I still say that Charmander is native to Galar making the Squirtle and Bulbasaur lines foreign.

Unlike Magearna, Marshadow and Zeraora are natural species; Magearna is created.

Kyurem family might be hinting at Unova being a Galarian colony. Maybe the brothers were from Galar?

Celebi might be there because they needed a Pokemon that could control time. Either that or they wanted the 3 original mythicals as a trio.

Jirachi is there probably since it was the most recent non-team rocket or Halloween events in Go. Or like I said, original mythical trio.

Back
Top Bottom