• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

So you can't trade pokemon online, I NEED PKhex

If there is no GTS like facility I think you would still be able to trade online by meeting people in the Wild Area when connected to the Internet, but that will likely require having those people preregistered as friends either through the Switch or possibly directly through the game.

But of a shame if it's completely gone but might be a deliberate ploy to get people connecting in the Wild Area instead

Hey @prog rocker , where did the info on version exclusives come from? I can’t seem to source it from either of the dataminin’ dudes twitters.

I suspect that the removal of the GTS is a ploy to get people to use Home; the Wild Area doesn't serve anything really new trading-wise. We know that Home will feature trading of some sort, and they'll probably justify it by saying "we wanted to have the GTS in a venue where all Pokemon exist."

For some reason Dragapult doesn't get shadow claw :/ meaning Phantom force is the only physical ghost type move it has access to. Whyyyyyyyyyyy.
On the bright side, Rapidash gets psycho cut, high horsepower and throat chop.

Apparently the GTS has been cut from the games - all the code that could be found relating to it was a leftover text string from LGPE. It could be added within the day-one patch, but considering how the rest of the game turned out, it's highly likely that it's probably just gone

For me having no GTS is much, much worse than dexit. Hopefully it will be patched in somehow or there will be other alternatives than just trading randomly in Wild Area. (Or else I'd be subscribing for the online service for nothing.)

There's still Wonder Trading (now called Surprise Trades), but that is completely random. And, I'm also concerned that the functionality of the GTS will be moved into Home rather than having it be in game.
Fairly sure I heard Home will be the source of trading even before the datamine

Heyo! Is there a list of all the battles/which Pokémon are in them? I’ve been looking but I can’t find one.

For some reason Dragapult doesn't get shadow claw :/ meaning Phantom force is the only physical ghost type move it has access to. Whyyyyyyyyyyy.
On the bright side, Rapidash gets psycho cut, high horsepower and throat chop.
Darn...and I what just planning its moveset with Shadow Claw....I guess Shadow Ball or Phantom Force will do...

For me having no GTS is much, much worse than dexit. Hopefully it will be patched in somehow or there will be other alternatives than just trading randomly in Wild Area. (Or else I'd be subscribing for the online service for nothing.)
Agreed. Without it I can’t even get Pokémon that are in the game lol

So there are no more battles and trades with anothers trainers?

Game Freak logic: Remove something that's broken instead of fixing it.

Back
Top Bottom